1 Like

Commentator’s curse: ‘It’s looking very stable…’

4 Likes

What does that ball of flames cost?

BillionGazillion

3 Likes

So only 2 SNT?

3 Likes

OMG!!! This is so political and think it needs it’s own topic or needs to be hidden…

Effectively next to nothing in Elon Musk terms, he will already have written off the material cost of this as a test item that is expected to be destroyed. So it cost him technician wages (which he would likely be paying any way) and the cost of the fuel and comms expenses . I would guess that even at this stage every one they get to use again is a big bonus.

He is likely more worried about the cost of fixing the one on the next pad that may have taken some shrapnel from the explosion. They are becoming very good at getting them back to the pad, its the last couple of metres that’s the problem.

1 Like

Actually sn9 sn10 sn11 sn15 and more are slated to fly once only since the technology is changing too fast to make use of multiple flights of these early prototypes.

In fact sn12, sn13, sn14 were scraped before they were built any further after the flight of sn8. The technology moved beyond any use flying those old tech prototypes would be. sn15 is using different setup. sn10 & sn11 will still help move the tech forward without needed the design upgrades in sn15.

The costs of all these prototypes have been worked out and considered expended if the rocket lands properly or not. If they fail in some way then they can progress faster than if perfect every time and then fails for some reason basic to the design. Just like what happened to rocket labs where a design fault was only found out during a commercial launch losing them a lot more money then if they found it during prototype stage.

For every flight they learn more from all the data collected during the flight/crash

Elon said at least it made the crater in the middle of the landing pad.

4 Likes

The ideal gas law informs us that on Earth there are NO greenhouse gases.

Climate Science 6; CO2, CH4 “Do not cause warming” Podcast by Dr Holmes (PhD. Climate Science)

Great high level discussion of Economics and Bitcoin.

@Sascha here’s a business idea - a live camera from your coop on the Safe Network:

1 Like
2 Likes

This is great.

Charles from Cardano talking about Bitcoin, Ethereum, Cardano, Polkadot, politics, economics and decentralisation and what it means for humanity in general.

I’m glad we have a guy like him around.

4 Likes

I think this was mentioned in the what’s up today thread a couple of days back … but in case you missed it and now need to run and hide from your government, here the latest.

I wonder if this affects the Dissenter browser too … which is built on the brave browser … probably.

3 Likes

11.54 video, he makes a script to look at the sizes of some chicken parmesan recipe websites, and they are coming in at around 8 or 9 MBs. Takes one of them and makes a website from it with just the content from the website, the images and words, without the trackers/ads/etc and it comes in at under 1MB. I was shocked by the size of the bloat, personally.

If Safe succeeds in having other business models aside from tracking and throwing ads at people, and sites are clean and sleek, how much faster is it going to be!?

5 Likes

Watch this documentary (Planet Lockdown): it will give you many many insights.

Catherine Austin Fitts (born December 24, 1950) is an American investment banker and former public official who served as managing director of Dillon, Read & Co. and as United States Assistant Secretary of Housing and Urban Development for Housing during the Presidency of George H.W. Bush. She has widely written and commented on the subject of public spending and has alleged several large scale instances of government fraud.

1 Like