Things That Would Not Have Happened On Safe

Poisoning the Well
Appeal to Authority
Ad Hominem

I watched the entire WEF presentation before this clip was posted. She’s a member of the WEF and claimed they own the science. Openly states they are biased and don’t want people exposed to other points of view. She went on to say they collaborate with big tech to censor results that are not owned by them.
I’m not denying climate change. I’m critical toward how they present only their solutions to the problem and censor solutions that are not owned by them. They did not present balanced point of view. The Climate is changing and how to approach this and who is given authority over the solutions is important part of the discussion. Presenting only one point of view with the power of corporations like Google is down right disturbing.

1 Like

. . . so she must be the ultimate authority on such matters.

Now if you had said something like: “The consensus of the WEF is . . .” That would be notable.

Try to find a large multi-national company that is not on the list. To suggest a group that partners with corporations, banks, and media at this scale is not disturbing is strange. Take a look. How could you not think it’s notable?

2 Likes

Well, they do have the word “Economic” in their name.

It couldn’t be about profits, power and bypassing democracy. Most of their programs and talks are not about economics. So yes they have “Economic” in their name but their focus is every aspect of a persons life. It must me amazing for you to have such good people looking out for your future.

Schwab openly brags about penetrating the cabinets of national governments in order to implement their view of the world. Sounds very democratic to me. What is that called when you have a public and private partnership? Corporations partnering with government? Democracy right?

3 Likes

Yes, picking the meat from the bones is the problem. If I tell you 1000 facts but only 100 are true, then you’d ignore me. Its the same as that “friend” who has all the hot news but only 1 in 10 “facts” is actually telling truth then would you take his “hot news” or would you find a much more reliable source.

Also by truth I don’t mean there is elements of truth, but the “news” is portraying reality and not some bias I favour.

1 Like

2 Likes

One of the main resources that inspired DBCs for SN is no longer available online.

Dead link: https://opaque.link/post/digitalmoneydbc/

Archive link: https://web.archive.org/web/20220124110110/https://opaque.link/post/digitalmoneydbc/

10 Likes

1 Like

Just noting if data is always in the same place on the network, the risk of encrypted data from cyber attacks would be stopped. Still the risks of the keyholder management and user error for data slippage but those are a different problem - cyber attacks and blackmail are a hot topic it seems atm.

1 Like

Yep although the data map is still vulnerable

Is that just for private data?.. expecting a file is a known set of xors for public data. I don’t know how complex the encryption would be whether someone with the private key to private data would have a static set of xors too?? guessing… need more an abc of data maps.

This should help I think https://docs.maidsafe.net/Whitepapers/pdf/SelfEncryptingData.pdf

6 Likes

Cool stuff in the paper :+1: :+1: :+1::

David Irvine is a Scottish Engineer and innovator who has spent the last
12 years researching ways to make computers function in a more efficient
manner.
He is an Inventor listed on more than 20 patent submissions and was
Designer of one of the World’s largest private networks (Saudi Aramco, over
$300M). He is an experienced Project Manager and has been involved in start
up businesses since 1995 and has provided business consultancy to corporates
and SMEs in many sectors.
He has presented technology at Google (Seattle), British Computer Society
(Christmas Lecture) and many others.
He has spent many years as a lifeboat Helmsman and is a keen sailor when
time permits.

5 Likes

Going back on topic:

This is scandalous. I admired this man until he got drunk in his hubris.

3 Likes

Honestly, this is the primary reason I am in support of this technology. Apart from the ethical issues that the current net has, the absolute volatility of internet security at the moment is horrible. I really hope that this technology becomes adopted in the future, and replaces the current corporate run internet we currently have.

3 Likes
1 Like