Satoshi revealed

Andreas dodged the bullet there:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/4hj1xu/why_i_declined_to_verify_sns_identity_two_weeks/

Edit:

So true:

Bitcoin: The first ever global electronic money backed by a public
ledger. And so Craig wants to prove he’s the creator of this publicly
verifiable ledger by performing little tricks in private and behind
closed doors. Give me a break.

5 Likes

Offtopic: Who cares for all or any of this and why it is so important? Boosting egos and putting down nicknames or real names? I couldnt give less for names and tags and labels.

1 Like

Because sadly we don’t live in such an ideal world. It shouldn’t matter, but it does…

2 Likes

Because there a lot of politics in Bitcoin at the moment and a lot at stake. If Bitcoin community is getting played, then it’s a test it needs to pass; and its cynical default atm, is encouraging. A solid proof would be simple enough and yet that’s not what’s been presented.

Beyond Bitcoin, the economies around the world are being stressed and alsorts of moves are being made towards cash-less societies. The olde school answer, is more centralised power and wealth is better; the more enlightened answer, is that decentralised power and wealth is the only route forward.

This then fits right centre of the struggle between more and less of control of what does matter - privacy; security; freedom. Those with power and those defending them fear change, because they won’t be in control… they act, regardless of whether that then becomes a better world for the rest of us.

3 Likes

Its healthy to be skeptical but when Dr craig wright cryptographically verified he is satoshi in person to core developers of bitcoin, then its definitly satoshi. Gavin would say it was him unless he truly believes it and a man of his educational background to go out of his way like this to con people is abit far fetched. I know he is not what most people imagined, but I am not sure what other proof people want. These bright minds seem to think the last person who had contact with satoshi was somehow duped into thinking or forced into agreeing it’s someone else. This is a possibility of course but not very likely. Why would a guy in the midst of a huge tax investigation confess to owning so much btc. My stance still remains that he is satoshi. If im wrong then he probably is working with fbi

You joined 12 hours ago…

1 Like

“The point of cryptographic signatures is that you can safely present
them to the world for all to validate, not just share w/a few experts.” Jameson Lopp

This.^^^

Plus good read here How to evaluate a claim that a certain person is Satoshi Nakamoto - Google Docs

1 Like

Not a single mention of Nick Szabo in any of this, what gives? (Such a small possibility that my eyes haven’t come across Nick’s name anywhere since this broke seems like a conspiracy all on its own. I mean not a single mention of Szabo, what?) Maybe I missed some news/proof that he isn’t.

you make a good point but heres your proof.

your probably thinking why i have two accounts…

I change my email address and associated accounts every 12 months for security reasons.

So, pay attention to what they are suggesting and why. The proof is not difficult to do. There is good reason that people want a rigorous answer and not just media hype and fallacies.

vbuterin chimed in on the same as other key devs Signing messages is easy. It would be trivial for him to do it.

Don’t believe the hype…

Yeah… I don’t think it’s any one of those suggested.

Think… who do we suspect the least?.. hmm… I think it’s me.

This is going to run until either he signs properly or moves coins… signing being the better option.

More summary of the for and against: Craig Wright is not Satoshi Nakamoto

The world is not full of Byzantine Dissents (unfortunately)… so even if any of this disproving is happening; enough people will believe it… that’s what for this could be being done…

Im sure all will be revealed in good time and if im wrong im big enough and ugly enough to admit it. I have seen more proof its him than proof its not him, saying that what he did is a scam or is trivial for him to do it is not proof. and what these bright minds are saying he did, how does this reflect on gavin? are you saying vbuterin is more knowaledgeable on bitcoin than gavin? I believed craig was satoshi from the start so im sticking with my gut instinct

The burden of proof is the responsibility of the one making the claim, and the claim is that Satoshi has been identified.

I can see why people would want conclusive proof. I would also like to confirm a few things, but we only have what we have so far and we have to take all the information at face value.

allow me to refine my logic on what i see so far

So for arguments sake, Imagine I am wrong and its all a big hoax, what would all this really mean for gavins credibility if craig is not satoshi?. So craig wright, (who is in full control of the most powerful private super computer in the world) has a controlling influence over the core devs of bitcoin and more importantly managed to convince the chief scientist of bitcoin. Seen that craig made it clear that he wants to continue to work on bitcoin and has no interest in fame, furthur financial gain or acknowledgement for his work, then what is the con or scam people claim he is trying to pull??? the only other conspiracy theory i can think of is that an alternative motive coming from the powers that be. That would mean craig is trying to either kill bitcoin or influence the development of bitcoin into a direction that would be beneficial for whoever is putting craig up to this (banks? fbi?). If this conspiracy theory was true, The ‘real’ satoshi surly would see craig the impostor as a threat and be able to think of a way he could convince / warn gavin he has been tricked whilst still remaining an anonymous pseudonym. Or has the real satoshi been assassinated and had his private keys stolen? So skeptics are trying to claim bitcoin development has been corrupted by a con artist claiming to be satoshi, it to me sounds like an elaborate conspiracy theory. We could go on all day but the most likely option at this point from all the evidence i have reviewed so far is that craig wright is satoshi nakamoto.

What i think has happened is satoshi been harassed so much he thought i have to make a public statement to put an end to all this, and rather than lie, he decided to reveal himself. I thought a man in his tax situation would have lied but he obviously wants to continue working on bitcoin, he doesn’t care if people on reddit believe him, as long as the core devs do, that all that really matters. On the upside if craig is satoshi, then the bitcoin network has a dedicated super computer and craig is going to reveal the results of his undercover research in the coming months. Call me an optimist… i believe it.

How many people would believe it if Gavin hadn’t weighed in? I think not many. Personally I think Gavin works for ASIO - and always has. I think he came into bitcoin early to monitor the project … eventually he took it over. Does anyone remember when he flew to the US to give a report on bitcoin to … of all organizations … the CIA? It happened.

Gavin has been pushing for his ‘new’ version of bitcoin for a while (and failing). Perhaps Craig Wright, now under the thumb of the ATO, will help promote Gavin’s new version (ASIO’s new version) which will nudge bitcoin further under the control of a few big fish.

Just my two conspiratorial bits. Don’t trust Gavin … and now don’t trust Craig.

2 Likes

No, he is the chief scientist of the Bitcoin Foundation, an organization that has no particular claim to represent Bitcoin, a peer-to-peer protocol created by persons unknown.

Your posts are clearly tendentious, and trollacious, and I shan’t respond further.

1 Like