Satoshi revealed

Looks like the cat is out of the bag. Thought i’d share:

8 Likes
2 Likes

Maybe we should start a betting pool on which one is the REAL Satoshi Nakamoto. Would the real Satoshi please stand up, please stand up, please stand up!

2 Likes

It doesn’t matter who is the real Satoshi.
This news is just a distraction from what is important.
And people clicking on the link are just rewarding the media thieves for their purchase of stolen information. Totally pathetic.

5 Likes

I cant decide whether he’s a phony or not. Something doesnt quite seem right with his interview. Why can’t he sign block one? Why block nine? Too technical and over my head.

2 Likes

This appears to be the case according to some of the core devs. If so we need to leave him alone and say thanks mate, nice job. It will be on the bitcoin community now to respect the guy if so and I hope they do. I watch that part with interest in the quest to understand people especially where money is involved.

So thanks mate, cya around maybe. :wink:

16 Likes

I was flown to London to meet Dr. Wright a couple of weeks ago, after an initial email conversation convinced me that there was a very good chance he was the same person I’d communicated with in 2010 and early 2011.

It seems like fellow reached out to Gavin (bitcoin core dev) and from the video - trying to legitimize spending of their funds in a legal way.

(i wonder why Gavin writes… “I was flown to London” rather than “I flew to London”)

4 Likes

This is far more credible than any other claims so I’m inclined to believe it until something suggests otherwise. On that basis…

Hats off to Dr Craig White for his crucial role in lifting cryptocurrency from an idea about to happen to something with a sound technical and practical foundation, and showing us its enormous potential.

Also for managing to remain anonymous in this age of surveillance, hacking and loss of privacy, for around seven years!

One reason this matters is that it will make people look closely at what CW said last year about people not having properly understood the capabilities of bitcoin, as well as anything else he has been saying or doing.

It also means he should have no problem paying his tax bill and finding the money to find any legal defense! The least we can do is say well done, and thank you very much Craig. Good luck man :sunny:

8 Likes

I guess because BBC paid for the flight but I do not know if this expression is used in english language to describe such a situation

3 Likes

It’s him, no doubt about it. I’m curious to see who helped him with this idea. This is his website including a blog about hashes.

http://www.drcraigwright.net/posts/

1 Like

It’s not him!! :nerd:

Craig Wright’s signature is worthless

8 Likes

Yes - very murky to say the least - I follow quite a few bitcoin geeks and several have pointed to flaws in his blog post. Only Gavin Andresen appears convinced there, and one person posts on the reddit:

I’m giving Andresen, Matonis and Grigg the benefit of the doubt for 48 hours

Apparently they were shown proof, but we’ll have to wait for the dust to settle! Again :slight_smile:

Edit: Here’s the account of the BBC interview with Craig White:

1 Like

If he is Satoshi - his comments about the impotence of tokenless blockchains and systematic decline in the quantity and value of alt-coins will have a few bankers meeting with R3CEV and crypto exchange operators thinking hard.

it can’t be the real Satoshi, because I am the real Satoshi

7 Likes

I’m the real Satoshi and so is my wife. :grinning:

7 Likes

He is the real slim shady

2 Likes

I’m quite unconvinced so far. There’s just too much that doesn’t add up, most importantly the crypographic “proof”.

6 Likes

6 Likes

For proof he can just sign something random with his private key (like a text, ‘I am satoshi’) and then tweet it publicly (or post it elsewhere) so people can decrypt it with the public key? Wouldn’t that work?

2 Likes

That’s apparently what he did (says the article)