Pre-Dev-Update Thread! Yay! :D

Silvio Micali IMHO is a genius, almost fit to be mentioned in the same breath as @dirvine
Scotcoin looked at Algorand but were convinced by others that the technology was too immature at that time (about a year ago). Our pluggable solution means we are free to adopt it later when mature. Will we discover tomorrow that Maidsafe have aged it well?

2 Likes

To dayyyy, is gonna be the day that they’re gonna throw it back to you…

[altogether now]
By nowww…

19 Likes

I was just listening to some classic Oasis on my sunny commute! :sunglasses:

It’s going to be a good day! :slight_smile:

9 Likes

What time does the update come out GMT? Probably my Friday morning

Around 8pm uk time usually but sometimes before and sometimes after a couple hours either way

6 Likes

Im as about excited as the crowd on Oprah when she announces everybody gets a free car.:grinning:

A free Internet…Yes please!!

10 Likes

6 Likes

I just… can’t control myself…

bbb3f1c322257e5e25f23a74e9672196

My brain is on speculation overload… what else could be announced?
A big linux distro is colaborating to create the first real distributed OS ?
A large company with a big open and healthy attitude to open source project is donating a workforce?
Acceptance on massive exchanges?

My heart will explode…

9 Likes

Can’t resist to speculate a bit… :smiley:

We’ve tested Vaults from home didn’t we? And with probably a bunch of complexity removed from Routing… Why a whole Alpha 3 network to test just Routing? Wouldn’t it be extra work to remove the Vault-layer and test only Routing? I’ll give it a 50% chance they’ll merge Alpha 3 & 4. If not than the one-step-at-the-time approach is probably better. But we’ll see :sunglasses:.

15 Likes

Lots of work carried out by superstar @mav also. oh jeeez… so exciting.

12 Likes

Your excitement is contagious. :slight_smile:

I don’t know about all those other points, but I bet the coming (main) announcement will at least get some heads turning and give MaidSafe (more) recognition for not only trying/wanting te be revolutionary, but actually being revolutionary (if they weren’t already). My only hope is that it’ll be big enough for the nay-sayers and the sceptics to say: “hot darn, I underestimated these guys”

7 Likes

If that is the case I don’t think I will be able to sleep tonight without some scottish destilled fluids. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

What it looks like for me is the routing team has developed a consensus mechanism that allows verifying tx and timestamps in a asynchronous way, and it will be the datachain that connects all the different sections and ensures the integrity of the whole system. Just my guess

9 Likes

I want to be able to drag workmates in to the bar after work… hope the update is released before the end of the working day…

4 Likes

ps: I’m not sure if this twitter account is from MaidSafe or a MaidSafe employee.

5 Likes

That was just two days ago. Just be careful with that liver my man. :wink:

2 Likes

Who else is refreshing in every minute? :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:

14 Likes

Here! I have to do some exercises for university, but I am so excited…can’t finish them…:sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Doing my bit…

12 Likes

I can actually sense a finger hovering over the “release update” button…

1 Like