Other Coins - Price & Trading topic

Can you please confirm if this refers to traditional bank debt?

Is there still a debt obligation for the 20M loaned maidsafecoin (source)?

Is there some kind of obligation to bnktothefuture shareholders which allows them to exchange maidsafe shares for maidsafecoin (source)? Would this be a kind of debt, or is it considered equity?

Just trying to understand here, not trying to drag up past debates; it seems to me there is some sort of debt.

1 Like

Hey Mav,

I participate in both schemes and I can confirm to you that the loaned maidsafecoin have not been returned and that my shares are in the bnktothefuture company, not directly in the MadeSafe company

3 Likes

Yes this is traditional bank debt or institutional debt.

Yes that debt is still in place. It’s covered by my own personal equity. So the company does have a debt to me over a 5 year period after launch. So we can consider it a liability/debt on the company, but not institutional. From an accounting perspective then you are probably correct we are looking at reporting it as a liability, there was a question over it being a contingent liability, but probably easier to make it a current liability.

That is equity, but this is where we worked during the crowd sale to benefit equity holders. Equity holders have an option to “sell” their equity for safecoin. It’s not an obligation and not a company liability. The option becomes valid on launch though and the safecoin don’t come from maidsafe they are created at launch as per the crowd sale docs. That’s just me trying to make sure everyone has options they can execute for their own benefit. It does cause some confusion though, but it’s an option made available by the network and crowd sale agreement.

12 Likes

Speaking of Bnktothefuture, is anyone here that participated NOT an accredited investor?
I noticed they have some kind of check for accreditation by a third party upon login, has anyone done that and what were the results? I’m also curious if they are still sharing BTC mining profits for participating in the Maidsafe crowdfund?

1 Like

“Accreditation” usually means self accreditation: answering a handful of questions in an online form. If you answer ‘correctly’ you pass.

I think it’s is really just covering the broker, pretty pointless.

4 Likes

This is true. I lied to the questions to become an accredited investor … :sascha:

2 Likes

Phew okay. I figured I’ve got copies of my shares and that Maidsafe would likely honor the Safecoin allocation but was weary of loggin in and having that back fire. Thanks @happybeing @Dimitar

2 Likes

Brock Pierce was one of the largest initial MaidSafeCoin investors and probably continues to be. He is also prime candidate for sneaking Safe logo into “Ralph Breaks The Internet” movie. I think it’s great that he is running for President on a tech orientated message that can only be positive for the Safe Network, regardless of politics.

1 Like

Technically yes, but he is also the responsible for the infamous crowdsale disaster we had to endure after engineering the distorted incentives for mastercoin holders, pumping his shitcoin to exit along with David Johnston. Maidsafe was left with useless mastercoin tokens that lost value overnight after the pumping was over. They scammed Maidsafe in a big way.

My first impression when I met him was that he was a huge asshole, and everyone I know who dealt with him agrees with this impression.

Btw, there is zero evidence of Brock pierce putting the Safe logo in the movie. The most likely thing that happened is that someone in the production typed “safe internet” in google images and grabbed a bunch of logos from security companies, including the Safe Network.

4 Likes

The last BTC dividend I received was from 13 Jun 2018:

Screenshot_2020-07-08_19-21-24

1 Like

who he? who him?

2 Likes

Oh really?

How do you know he invested in MAID?

EDIT.

Found it Blockchain Venture Capitalist Brock Pierce owns 10% of all MaidsafeCoins

1 Like

Well apparently Brock Pierce founded Tether and is also a cofounder of Block.One EOS.

So says the article below at least.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Richard Heart spends millions on ads in football matches. Will this attract new people to the crypto?

1 Like

Why you post this ???

1 Like

I’m sorry, friend. My initial post was not clear. I updated it. I should not post before bed ahahah, sorry. :safelove: I guess you’re not a football fan? What is the most popular sport in Korea?

1 Like

Filecoin (⨎) is an open-source, public, cryptocurrency and digital payment system intended to be a blockchain -based

Blockchain?

SAFENetwork will go viral near launch.

4 Likes

I’m reading this more like SAFE Network will have lots of farmers in China. More important SAFE Network will bring more hardware optimization.

How come back then I didn’t see this eastern egg? on his llaptop :nerd_face:

6 Likes