NVO Decentralized Exchange - Crowdsale

Thereby proving Dirty Harry’s point :laughing::laughing:

Interesting first couple of posts though :wink:

2 Likes

Please remind me (in PM if you like, so as not to annoy anybody). I haven’t seen those in ages.

1 Like

You’re right about that! NVO had enough ego for 50 people. That’s not really a good thing though, is it?

These people seem to have actually produced a wallet. It’s in beta and I see no source code available, but it looks like a wallet. I don’t know what became of Safenet 10 that was supposedly created by accident in two weeks of doing something else, or whether we will ever see a decentralized exchange, what with all the other projects the leaders of NVO are busy with. But we seem to have a closed source beta wallet. Who would have thunk!?

1 Like

They mentioned in reddit that they are working on their own validator which won’t use safenet. It’ll be interesting to see what they came up with. I don’t think they are scam.

Oh, I never thought they were a scam either. Just incompetent and arrogant in the extreme.

1 Like

Is there any way to actually get in contact by e-mail with the devs of this project in order to find out where coins from ICO are? I’ve been trying to get a response for months. I have full transaction history of buying but there are no coins on the BTC address I provided. I’ve tried several different addresses including a reply to their e-mail announcing the new wallet.
I don’t (and won’t ) use Facebook, Twitter, Reddit or Telegram.
Does anyone know how to reach these guys?

I believe they have a slack channel.

Go here:

The NVO drama has a new development. Тhey go full Exit scam… maybe 40% refund from the escrow…

No surprise that Nemgun refuses to deliver on his promises to investors and the NVO team. All the warning signs were there, and I personally advised @tonbi to take care and not believe Nemgun’s claims or inflated ideas about his abilities. Now here Ton is apologising for failure and looking for a way out.

I think Ton was naive rather than acting in bad faith, but he was very naive and simply not ready to be a CEO entrusted with investor funds. He was supposed to be in charge but instead of dealing with Nemgun he defended Nemgun’s ridiculous claims and bad behaviour. Ton just accepted everything Nemgun said and did without question, at least in our private conversations.

I think it is very sad and I’m sorry for all those who invested. I very nearly did myself.

The lesson is to look for quality and integrity in the people asking for your money, and expect from them mutual respect when they are being asked searching questions. Be careful not to be blinded by your own wishful thinking, or to believe people who make exceptional claims but won’t explain them, and don’t demonstrate any ability in necessary areas, while instead claiming they can do much better than everyone else.

11 Likes

The above is what worries me the most. I can’t find the quote, but at some point @dirvine also wrote he knew this Alex to be a good and competent guy. Alex has been quiet as a mouse the whole time. Even now I don’t believe Ton or Nemgun are true scammers. They are way too childish and incompetent for that. Alex may be one, though.

Agree that the escrow should be stepping in and getting more involved. When we were working with Alex in the past he did come across as hardworking and knowledgeable so hopefully he’ll make sure the participants of the ICO are looked after.

4 Likes

This isn’t an exit scam. There is more to the story than what that imbecile cool4y has posted.

Time will prove it.

the story is that they are people you can not trust for anything…

2 Likes

All the stuff I’ve read and commented on was written by the CEO, Ton so I’m not sure what you are suggesting there.

2 Likes

I am responding to the steemit article, not you. I may have responded to the incorrect post.

There’s no link to a Steemit article!

2 Likes

Someone posted one on this board, maybe a new thread and I somehow got back to this one. I don’t frequent here much but got the email about it. Sorry for the confusion.

1 Like

Just seen this on Reddit. I knew there were problems, but didn’t realise it was this bad. What is the feeling here about this project? I remember there were quite a few battles with the guys behind this on the forum a while back.

3 Likes