NVO Decentralized Exchange - Crowdsale

Interesting. Certainly looked like a scam once Imed showed up in the forums & Ton defended him!

An interesting recent post from NVO:

https://medium.com/@nvoteam/what-happened-d16844ee10da

Whether the Escrows have the funds in place to give a full refund I don’t know, but will be pleased if it happens.

A partial refund is ready. Look in your wallets…

4 Likes

Great that this refund has been given… while it’s only a partial refund in BTC terms, in fiat terms it’s a nice ~35% increase on the initial investment… which by this point I thought I’d never see again (even if it was a pretty small investment from me)!

4 Likes

Glad its sort of resolved, hopefully for you all.
Could have been alot worse.

3 Likes

Can the same be done for GamerBits case?

1 Like

I tried to edit my original post to include the apology, but I think the topic is locked. We are very sorry about the incident that happened a year ago. Already sent a direct message to David Irvine for an apology. I had to process the refund for NVO before posting the apology so it took some time before I could post this public apology.

David Irvine and his team has been right all along. @happybeing predicted everything. If a mod can tag this apology post to the main/original NVO topic it would be great. I don’t think there needs to be an explanation here since it was obvious to the community. Just a quick recap:

I have been a safenetwork’s follower for years and wanted to build a project using this technology. I brought along technological cofounders and their roles were to verify and build the requirements. One of them was very problematic and lied his way into the project and caused trouble with Maidsafe. He used the established trust as being a cofounder to cause problems for everyone. I didn’t stop him due to ignorance and defended him because I didn’t want him to be humiliated by the Maidsafe community even though it was obvious he was in the wrong and was indeed humiliated through no one else but his own faults and shortcomings. He is removed and everyone is refunded and no one will ever work with him again.

I don’t think mentioned person needs to have more attention. He acted the way he did to David Irvine because he is a small person who couldn’t stand being ignored as David was busy and didn’t reply to him even though David didn’t owe him anything and didn’t need to reply to him. He isn’t worthy in any way with questionable morals and ethics which should have been detected since day one. Sorry again to the community and especially David Irvine’s team.

8 Likes

Quite a ride for you I think @tonbi. I won’t answer regarding the refunds because only investors can respond there.

For my part as a non investor your apology is welcome and accepted.

6 Likes

Well, isn’t that nice. The fact remains you walked away with crypto worth millions of dollars of the original investors’ money. Fortunately, just a very small fraction of that crypto was mine. I took a chance and lost a little. So be it. Nothing to cry about.

What’s worse is, after a year of constant lying through your teeth, you still keep censoring your forums and delete any comment doubting or criticizing you even in the slightest, just like you did before. Are you “sorry” about that too? If so, how about you just stop doing things you will later be “sorry” about. Like right away. Like, let’s say, now.

Just “sorry” doesn’t really cut it for me. I do, however, need somebody to chop me some wood for the coming winter. If you come over and do some extremely good chopping, I just might consider taking your apology seriously. I could house and feed you together with the chickens while you do some real work for a change.

1 Like

The price of faith can be a terrible one. I hope @tonbi has refunded 100% of the remaining funds here. If so then there is little else that will help. It was a travesty to watch and hopefully will not be so easy to happen again. I know how hard it is to stay true and honest (it’s not a choice), but at the same time, you do need to understand the human cost of actions and they can be immense.

The apology is great, the refund, wonderful, but there are a lot of hurt people about. Perhaps more can be done? I am not sure, but if not then it is worth saying so. If more can then there is no question, it must be so.

Always remember " The honest man, tho’ e’er sae poor,Is king o’ men for a’ that." There is no need to keep anything back, the more you give the more you will get back, in spades. I am a testament to that one for sure.

4 Likes

Hmmm, thanks for at least posting Ton.

If you do by chance interact with your escrow on any level in the future please pass on the personal disappointment I think many long termers in the space here feel towards him.

Alex with his position in the industry simply should not be allowed to blissfully go off into the good night which is what is going to happen.

Deceit, lies and theft are things all humans are guilty of but the silence from his end tbh was a great big giant middle finger to both this project and the space in general which is to me a lot worse than what you and Imed pulled.

All the best Ton.

1 Like

Hi all how has this refund been processed ? I would expect for e.g. returned to the BTC / DASH / ETH addreas that any funds were sent from via the initial ICO right ?

The refund should have gone to the Bitcoin address holding your NVST.

It’s all finished now, and the refund was 0.00009292961 BTC per NVST.

The project has been re-launched as ENON, without Imed being involved, and all NVST holders automatically get ENON.

Hope it makes it further forward without a toxic team member!

Do you know how and when this will happen?

The Enon website

is just full of broken links.

No idea to be honest. I peek at their telegram every now and again, and apparently they’re launching a new whitepaper with plans in November.

1 Like

What was the BTC address that delivered the refund guys ?

There must have been a few, used by the various escrow providers.

The address that sent to my wallet has only done 7 transactions, so I guess there must be quite a few addresses used in the process.

If i post the BTC address that i received could anyone check its the same one you had ?

I can check. My transfer was on the 3rd of September, and it should be for around half of what you originally transferred to NVO in BTC terms (basically full refund in fiat terms).

I just realised that this (I think?) means some people will have to pay more capital gains tax as a result of having partaken in the NVO crowdsale! Oh… my… word! :grimacing:

Possibly - they’d need to calculate their own capital gain & pay accordingly. Proceeds from the NVO refund minus value if initial investment at the time would be a taxable gain.