New Video: The Internet Shouldn't be Blockchain-Based

I feel the exact same way about your nonsense. Please stay on-topic. There are other places on the internet to praise political ideologies that have killed millions. Let’s keep this forum about SAFE, shall we?

1 Like

I did keep it about SAFE and specified what I liked about it. But you two decided to make it into a bigger deal than it is–so, you know. Not really sure what is going on in this logic, but I agree that this line of conversation should stop.

So why don’t you stop it? It was important that your nonsense was not allowed to stand unchallenged, as it was defamatory towards SAFE and completely untrue.

Yes, you have the last word. Let the conversation stop here.

Yes, let it stop. Thank you for giving me the last word. :wink:

Hi, I submit a translation in Bulgarian. Can I ask to add it to the video? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Very interesting. Great job

1 Like

nice job. i hope to read more about his project.

1 Like

Pero si ese fuese el caso, ¿en lugar de la “internet” no deberían llamarle la “interred”? :stuck_out_tongue:
Si bien hay una traducción específica para la palabra “network” al español, el “Safe Network” es un nombre propio y debería ser mantenida originalmente.

Es como el “Cartoon Network”, no creo que en España haya sido traducido a “La red Cartoon” o la “red de viñetas”.

And lastly one nitpick:

I would suggest modifying “inutilizado” for either “no usado/utilizado” (unused), “sin uso” (without use) or “ocioso” (idle).

“inutilizado” from the verb “inutilizar” can convey to “rendered something useless” instead of it’s literal translation from “unused”.

My proposed suggestions would make it unambiguous for the laymen who reads it.

2 Likes

Great stuff, can “peer review” tomorrow :slight_smile: The Czech translation is still notin the list of available ones, is there anything we are waitingfor? Thanks!

I completely forgot about it. Do you know of the Czech FB group SAFE Network CZ-SK (MaidSafe) | Facebook

?

I should have known where those beanies come from :thinking:

I don’t do FB but am open to connecting in any other reasonably unsurveilled way :slight_smile: PM me and we can figure out a channel!

1 Like

I get it. It is a thing though, and now you know it :zipper_mouth_face:

I must admit that. And I lied just a bit. I do have a Facebook account but choose to use it only in self defense with people, who (for one bizarre reason or another) only use Messenger to communicate.

My question is though, can a community leader (@kayley? @Shona? ) comment on why the Czech subtitles have not been added on YT for this video or outline the approval flow, in order to have them uploaded?

I am sure we can summon a person with the required “linguist rank”/expertise and have the translation reviewed. I have just spoken with a CAE/CELTA-certified friend of mine, an English teacher with 10+ years of experience, who was very open to helping out with this.

Thanks!

Hi @petrichor, I have just checked there has been no Czech subtitles submitted for this video. All translations are created and submitted by members of the community and we will approve them to be added as soon as they are

2 Likes

Hi @SarahPentland, thanks for the swift reply – there is a link to @anon28980808’s translation earlier in this thread: New Video: The Internet Shouldn't be Blockchain-Based - #68 by anon28980808

Maybe we can have this one peer-reviewed and added? Cheers!

Honestly, it’s kinda passé by now and those FB guys do a heck of a job to keep the Czech community well informed. I think the guy who started it has actually translated the entire primer, so the vid is not the be-all and end-all of the Safe journey.

EDIT: Not to mention, we tend to understand English pretty well. One has to, as the world population stubbornly keeps refusing to adopt Czech as the new lingua franca :wink:

1 Like

Social pressure alert! OK I will join the gang there and see what happens. In preparation to throw a MAID talk relatively shortly anyway and that would be a great place to promote such an event locally.

Relatively shortly: as soon as I sufficiently understand PARSEC, still haven’t quite digested @pierrechevalier83’s video introduction and I’ve seen it probably four times since released last summer. Gets quite dense about a half in :slight_smile: Not his fault though!

3 Likes

Great technology. That’s the stuff dreams are made of.

2 Likes

I see great new renewed efforts by the mktng team - new article or video almost everyday. Thats exactly what we needed to spread slow and continous awareness. Development progressing strong in parallel. Once the beta launches and people start seeing full working capabilities in beta (hopefully by early next year) - adoption may be slow in the beginning - but hoards will come in 2-3 years as crytop in general gains recognition and adoption over the next 3-4 years. Maidsafe adoption will grow in parallel. It will take another 2-3 years for sure for adoption even if we launch beta early next year, which I am personally hoping for : )

Great work team - as always!!

1 Like