MaidSafe rebuilding secure decentralised internet with BnkToTheFuture equity fundraising

I see it differently if the min is not made you will probably buy more back than you sell now to invest. There will be some panic selling if the min is not made so you should get them cheap. Just my guess… Im betting big on that theory.

3 Likes

Without Maidsafe, Safecoin won’t be worth much. So theres a pretty direct connection there. Supporting Maidsafe will in turn “support” the price of safecoin. This also goes the other way around, but not much imo. What Maidsafe needs is the price of Omni to rise (i think?), but you can’t help with that I guess.

Another point is: Equity are also more “real” things. Patents, for example. With those patents, there’s even the possibility for revenue if the Safenet utterly failed. Cause they could use their technology (e.g. self-authentication) without a safenet. Coins are, on the other hand, part of “market dynamics”, which means they might aswell plummet and you lose money. That won’t just happen with maidsafe. Although I must admit, I don’t think this will happen.

Your calculations are not correct, if I understand them correctly. The 5% are a revenue stream, which is basically infinite as long as the Safenet is running. Infinite in the sense that there will always be 5% revenue, but it is unclear how much the 100% will be… Also Maidsafe won’t earn those 5% forever, because they will encourage competition, for the sake of a well-maintained Safenet.

To be honest, investing in MAID seems tempting. But then again, imagine if the Safenet is a success, the value of MAID rises to say, 10 dollar, and then stays at that price for the forseeable future. If you sold your coins, you would make a nice return - and then what? Maidsafe will continue to grow, produce fantastic products (and get revenue for them!) and start paying dividends to their shareholders. Of course this is all speculation.

Also an interesting point Polpolrene made: You will get 1 Safecoin per 2 Pounds invested (Until the 30th I believe), which means IF Safecoin rises enough in price (to 4 pounds - Idk, maybe my logic is flawed?), and you sold your 500 Safecoin, you basically got your investment back, but you STILL held equity.

I invested in both, because I see it from a holistic point of view. :tulip:

3 Likes

I do not believe, that there will be big dumping or pumping after it the minimum is achieved or not. It is more than 90% clear that minimum will not be hit. So if there were any dumping, it would already happen or will hapen before the end of fundraising. And since price dropped from 0.00020 to 0.00014 with very small resistance, market is counting with the failure already. Sure, it can dump more, but price manipulation always happens before the “news” come.

1 Like

Anything is clear, it´s just 100% your gut feeling. Can´t say that the development looks promising atm, but if there is one big investor spending 100K in the project at once, everything can turn around quickly. So why don´t we keep statistics where you can actually apply them. Also your interpretation of price drop as a rational expression of failure expectation doesn´t match your (imho correct) assesment of what is currently happening (manipulation).

I wish all investors and Maidsafe good look and strong nerves. Keep working on PR, reach out to multiplicators anf everything´s gonna be fine.

I also wanted to say that I like the incentives, especially the USB drive, dunno why it got bashed. A real token! Not some “digital” stuff! I’m happy about it :slight_smile:.

5 Likes

For license deals, consulting and Engineering solutions the coins won’t help here. It will require solid business models and delivery of services. Many of these markets may “hide” the coins or even not use them. The wider Enterprise markets do not operate in the same way consumers do. So there are likely several differences and partnerships that will become apparent over time.

Considering only the consumer market can be argued would be a mistake, although it’s absolutely our driving force for creating SAFE. The technology and skills are extremely transferrable to Enterprise markets though.

I think the Paas, Laas and even Saas markets may be a small component of the Enterprise opportunity, but we will see.

9 Likes

I wonder what would have happened if Maidsafe the company had issued tokens that represented stake in the company rather than going through BTTF. I feel certain there would have been a far greater amount of funds raised so far. I understand that it may not be as legally binding to do it that way. But as most crypto enthusiasts are anarchists at heart that would not have deterred most of us.

3 Likes

Slowly, steadily, but still not fast enough, I’m afraid… :frowning:

Raised so far €306,738 / €2,313,877 (13%)

1 Like

I guess that this would have raised severe legal issues. Not for the people who buy shares, of course, but for the company.

It would raise the same legal issues as Bank to the Future, but MaidSafe would need to set everything up to address them, which has already been done by Bank to the Future.

I still like the idea, but it would likely be a lot more effort than offloading the admin / legal tasks to a platform that does it regularly.

I dont agree on this for sure, cause yes you have your money back then and doubled at 4 GBP that you invested, but if you keep all your coins you would have a rise of lets say 60 times from this point. Btw im bullish on this coin but i think a market cap of around 13 bn GBP wont be made any time soon. Dont forget you will have to sell your maidsafe for 0,07GBP, so if i invest i still rather wait till the last moment cause i think around that time the price of each maidsafe can be already higher so you get more equity, the safecoin they offer are great specialy for the ones already invested.

How i see this they offer every 2 pound 1 safecoin, for that atm i need to sell (lets say maidsafe price of 0,07GBP) 28.5 maidsafe to get a extra 1 back, So that is a profit of 4% extra (great deal dont get me wrong) but maidsafe just dropped from 21k to 14k thats about a 50% increase from here. that means 50% more equity if it go back there. And that would be my point to invest,

If i had some spare money i would def. invest but im not really happy with selling my Maidsafe or Factom for the equity.
And i think many people see it this way thats why it goes slower then expected.

1 Like

Well, I agree, if your main focus is on revenue and you’ve already invested all you got into MAID and FCT, theres (imo) no point in selling to buy equity, especially if you don’t think Maidsafe will become the new Facebook or Google (which it won’t, let’s face it).

I indeed believe that it wont become the new facebook or google, but if its more safe and cheaper they can run on the maidsafe network ;).

And yes i believe maid and fct will be able to get the biggest gains in the crypto world.

If I ever need to raise funds im coming to you hah.

1 Like

Spent many years entrenched in deposit bonuses and incentives and spent my whole life surrounded by gamblers, speculators and people with money.

If Maidsafe do try another crowdfund of some kind then I’d really like to get my 2 safecoins worth in earlier, as would many others I’m sure.

Sometimes it takes a greedy, hopeful punter to really understand the psychology that drives his breed and behaviour. Gut feelings are everything (esp for lazy, arrogant people with money), but they don’t really come from our guts, we draw them out of the context and call them ‘feelings’, then we let confirmation bias run riot over our reason. If everyone else is falling over themselves to buy then your gut says BUY! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: If no one else steps forward you start getting a bad feeling about it.

HYPE, FUD and FOMO. They sound simple and inane, but really, they are the fundamentals that underpin the $12bn+ floating around crypto these days. Practical use is still very small by comparison to speculation. Maybe safecoin will change that… I’m betting it will.

There was no hype and no fomo in this pitch… now there is a little bit of fomo for 26th and a bit more money has started to come in. There has been much FUD recently around maidsafe too, that hasn’t helped.

HYPE is not interviews and articles, hype is news and developments, partnerships and technical progress that excites people.

None of this should matter. Why should David and even Nick really care about this stuff? It doesn’t really matter compared to the tech and it’s implications; or serious, grown-up marketing stuff like doing the legwork to acquire partnerships and create an ecosystem. FUD couldn’t kill a live safenet, nor would HYPE or FOMO be needed to set it on its way. Safenetwork will be and is bigger than the speculative world of crypto. It’s such a powerful idea, it just needs to get built asap, the rest will take care of itself because enthusiasm for it IS infectious.

The only reason any of this matters is if maidsafe need to play to the crowd one last time to avoid having to dance a jig for the big boys.

If you do decide to go that way again at some point in the near future then please clue in a panel from the community to give you some feedback on how you’ve set it up… there’s plenty of us here who want to help and we could have made a big difference here imo.

Anyway, it’s not over yet… if one or two big boys drop in they could still create the confidence required to hit £2M+! 17 days is a long time. It’ll probably fly as soon as/if it hits £1M.

12 Likes

This project needs some personality. Marketing strategies need to be reviewed.

1 Like

HYPE is not interviews and articles, hype is news and developments, partnerships and technical progress that excites people.

I agree on this some partnerships will be great, technical progress i think it would be great to see vaults really connected to the mainnet, im around crypto for a long time and the amount of times i heared maidsafe is vaporware is insane, that was also one of the reasons why i joined so late and i actually was surprised how well everything is and felt stupid to listen to those people. When people will run there own vaults on the mainnet (thats still testnet ofc) and its not run on the maidsafe network that would be great.

Jabba what do you think about the equity compared to the coins, long term and short term?

1 Like

I’ve gone for both for several reasons. Not least because I know what I’m like and I sold all my Eth way too soon ;). I feel like tying a chunk of investment onto maidsafe is sensible. Liquidity isn’t always your friend. It is still possible maidsafe makes it big and safecoin doesn’t. I’d feel sick to be on the wrong platform at the right station. I like to cover my bases.

I sold a few maids when they announced a few weeks ago. I have now added to my btc investment on BttF because I reckon maid will drop a bit more if it does fail, so when/if I get my btc refund from BttF I’ll be able to buy back more.

Really, I’m like you bob and bullish long, so nice to have short and long term covered. I don’t want to miss out on any of it :wink:

2 Likes

You are one sneaky little tactician! I’m impressed! :smile:

2 Likes

Unclear how much advertising there has been.

I couldn’t see a thread on bitcointalk for example… so just added the abc at SAFE Network - Incentives for bnktothefuture equity fundraising and SAFE Network Alpha Release! - JavaScript and AJAX forum at WebmasterWorld - WebmasterWorld