MaidSafe rebuilding secure decentralised internet with BnkToTheFuture equity fundraising

I want to like that several times.

Amen!

I don’t need the crowd to agree with me. In fact, I feel much more confident if I’m aligned with a small group of smart dissenters ;). The crowd will get there when they can see it and don’t have to rely on their imaginations.

5 Likes

Immediately before a large, rapid change, most people are wrong. Otherwise it couldn’t be a large, rapid change.

This is not to say it will happen, just that the conditions are right for that possibility. And won’t it be nice to have been one of those to be ready, involved, witness, and playing a small part in it!

I sensed this about bitcoin when it was $1 and still possible to mine on a PC, if you were patient enough, which I wasn’t! I’ve learned that lesson :slight_smile: so I’m sticking with MaidSafe and it might just turn out to have been a lucky break not to be a bitcoin millionaire!

Fingers crossed the offer picks up and makes the minimum, but if not, I will stay and help David and the team to do what they need to do.

It’s great to see so many here have that same spirit, and not out of blind adoration or faith, but for a variety of good reasons, and much understanding based on life experience.

When it comes to SAFEnetwork, “Let’s make it so”.

17 Likes

I guess we can speculate all day long about how “cryptomarkets” work and the psychology and all. It is, I agree, very weird in general. A lot of fomo that drives the cryptosphere, and a lot of hostility between projects. Whenever I take a look at bitcointalk I’m baffled about all the unrestrained FUD and hostility everywhere. I’m sure theres already companies providing FUD services. :smirk:
It goes to show what a powerful part marketing plays in manipulating people, especially in the cryptosphere. You need to really dive in to understand the pros and cons of all those projects, which is something a lot of people don’t. Then they invest heavily in this new “supercoin” during a pump, lose all during the dump and then get pissed at everybody else for not supporting the supercoin. Ah, humans. Gotta love 'em :wink:.

Regarding Safenet. The more I dove into (hours of reading, listening, watching, listening to FUD, reading again etcpp) all those projects and coins that are currently developed, used and/or hyped, the more I realised that they are all blockchain based, which they obviously sell as a pro argument. But, it also means that more and more competitors will arise (and one can already see it). And while theres still a lot of growth potential for blockchain-based products, they’re all based on the same principle.

That’s why, in my humble opinion, it makes sense for any crypto-investor to also invest outside the blockchain (e.g. safenet) - you need diversity, especially in such a young and “dangerous” market.

7 Likes

I resonate with Jabba and MerkleTree. If ever in the future there is to be another crowdfunding or even if Maidsafe could benefit from understanding group mentality then they would do well to contact Jabba for consulting advice.

4 Likes

I just had an idea which I’d like to run past you all. I think it might create a really strong incentive, and could result in the minimum of £1,000,000 being met. It is risky, and for it to succeed, we’d have to make sure plenty of people know about it.

You know the bonus Safecoins which MaidSafe are now offering? What if MaidSafe promised to give these Safecoins (or MaidSafeCoin equivalent) to investors EVEN IF THE MINIMUM IS NOT MET?

Surely people would then invest more because of the prospect of free (Maid)Safecoins, in the event the minimum isn’t reached?

I literally just thought of it, and instead of thinking it through thoroughly I thought I’d slap it on the forum to see what you all think…

Edit: is there anyone knowledgeable on game theory who’d like to comment on the situation this would create?

It is not my case, therefore you make your affirmation based in subjetive assumptions.

Not the pitch value, the pitch success or we gonna discuss this too?

And if “no one” sees the value (it is not this case), what that means for you? All of you are wrong? This is what you mean?[quote=“Jabba, post:386, topic:11039”]
Not sure I agree with this. I think one could demonstrate how undervalued it is in a few different ways.
[/quote]

One could demonstrate the opposite too and this does not mean nothing.[quote=“Jabba, post:386, topic:11039”]
Not sure it’s worth walking down that road though.
[/quote]

Not my intention.

Do you have recommendations?

Too much rough things to say in how they are coducting some of the problems, I don´t work in/for Maidsafe therefore is much easy for me :zipper_mouth: Besides, talk is easy, do is not. Lets see how everything goes, they can reach success yet.

1 Like

In the last few hours we attracted 5 new investors.

10 Likes

Has anyone calculated the btc mining offer? I dont trust my math.

It’s too little to bother calculating. just send it to an omni wallet and you’ll have btc for fees there, that’s all it is good for really. it’s only a quid or two a year.

Safecoin is the only bonus worth thinking about… and really, bonuses are just noise, it’s all about maidsafe and buying into all that hard work and history.

3 Likes

Best post of the decade. I was just thinking heavily along those lines – while scrolling down before reading it.

Have you calculated it or is this an assumption?

1 Like

Another big one just now.

I have received it for several other pitches, I can see that it isn’t worth working out by my omni btc balance ;), but I guess that depends on perspective. I’ve never been a ‘look after the pennies’ kinda guy :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Oh, so bnk has done this before? I assumed that it was nothing, but when I tried to calculate it, well lets say it seemed like a nice offering :smiley: .

Yeah, they do it on loads of pitches. Some from the start, others because they’re struggling. There’s something about the idea of a daily dividend that really appeals to people… :confounded:

1 Like

Anyone know what happens if the minimum is not made will the btc be credited to your account ?

Im in doubt to invest or not maybe someone here can tell me if i miss something or not;

The maidsafe network will get a 5% maintanance fee on al safecoins but it also says this
•MaidSafe revenue is only recognised when safecoins are converted into Fiat currency?
No idea what they mean with that exactly cause what if they keep it into coins ?

If we count this all out atm 4,3 billion safecoins will exsist but already 452,552,412 MAID * exsist
so that means 3,847,447,588 safecoins will be created. 5% will be maidsafe maint fee so thats
192,372,379 of wich 6,25% will be into equity payouts thats equil to 12,023,273 they are asking for a price of
€2,313,877 and one maidsafe now cost on average €0.075927 atm so that means 30,475,022.
So based on the maint fee only if im thinking right it is not a great investment

But they have some more additions

1. Part of the 10% apps for networks funds.
  2. Selling licence for 1% annual cost , but they expect that to be only 2% of the total price by 2019

But how will maidsafe earn from the paas and laas market any idea? Im not formiliar with this.

Yes. Make sure not to send is directly from an exchange. Use an address where you have the private key as well.

It’s not revenue as long as it isn’t real money I think. So when they sell some of these coins they can count it as revenue. These coins aren’t created all at once. The 5% are paid to an address when coins are farmed on the network. As farming goes on 24H a day they might have a steady stream over time.

EDIT: Check this link as well

That still make me choice the coin over the equity, cause i think at this point that is were the biggest profit lays.

Ofcourse i wanna support maidsafe but looking as a investor i can see the coin reach much higher. maybe someone thinks im wrong and can give me some good examples to change my mind. Im atm afraid to sell my maidsafe and if the min is not made not be able to buy back even close to what i need to sell atm. That would be really sucks, also why i dont understand they dont accept maidsafe, cause no one will lose if the minimum is not made.

Also maidsafe is aiming to compeet in the Paas and Iaas market, but im not really formiliar with this and i wonder how they can earn with this cause isnt this a service of the maidsafe without cost already ? Or min cost of safecoin ones?

The Laas and Paas market are 52bn in total of wich the coin can take advantage much more then the foundation if im right atm