MaidSafe rebuilding secure decentralised internet with BnkToTheFuture equity fundraising

We thought that you would like to know that our equity raise with BnkToTheFuture commences next Monday at 9am BST. Most of the details are contained within the following IBTimes article.

34 Likes

Well done and congratulations.

5 Likes

I think it has been posted elsewhere, but it would be good to have a single page with FAQs about how to invest in this, e.g. Minimum investment, how liquid is the investment, how do you create an account, etc. It would be a shame if people didn’t invest through not understanding the process.

7 Likes

Smart. Also the difference between this type of investment and buying maidsafecoins.

And I’d also like to know what percentage is being sold :slight_smile: I guess we can find this information once it is live but would be good to know these kind of things ASAP.

4 Likes

BnkToTheFuture already have FAQs in place, you can see them on this link. Hopefully everything you need to know!

5 Likes

What is a self certified sophisticated investor. That phrase grates my carrot. There is no such thing.

It’s 6.25%, Melvin. I have been warned to only answer questions related to the investment within the BF website so would need to refer you there for any future queries once the campaign is live, making one very small exception here though :).

3 Likes

Article:

closed group consensus

Closed or close?

Great stuff Nick :smile:

1 Like

Ok I understand :slight_smile: thanks for the small exception

6 Likes

Should be close, Mark. Good spot, I’ll let the journalist know.

2 Likes

oh but there is now :relaxed:

2 Likes

Blame the FCA in the UK.

It’s a good job this category exists now, it means that equity crowdfunding is available to all who self certify to show that they understand the risks involved & won’t invest more than they can afford to lose - you don’t actually have to be high net worth or a ‘sophisticated investor’ (professional investor / business owner etc).

3 Likes

This is to make sure that people take responsibility for their investments on the platform. You can’t come back later and tell them you didn’t know how to read the terms, etc, etc. So when you invest in a pitch you know what you are investing in and are also familiar with the fact that the pitch is a high risk venture and that you may end up losing all the money you invested in the pitch.

I will invest in this pitch not because I’m expecting better returns on this then let’s say on investing in MAID or BTC, but because I think the success of this pitch is crucial for the success of the project. Of course it helps if this contributes to the MAID I already hold becoming worth more in the process :innocent: I’m hoping more people on this forum will invest either for the same reason or other reasons.

9 Likes

Fair enough. I am officially a sophisticated investor now too :wink:
I just don’t like the word especially when it is used to describe oneself.

2 Likes

Fair enough. I am officially a sophisticated investor now too :wink:
I just don’t like the word especially when it is used to describe oneself.

I guess they overlooked the market of @Josh investors!

2 Likes

Born and bred in Africa, not self certified. Original. :wink:

5 Likes

The FAQs on BtF are always pretty good and they have a forum page on each pitch for you to ask questions direct to simon or the pitch host if you can’t find answers in the pitch itself. It’s all very easy, obvious and well-managed.

Self-certification is a joke, it doesn’t really serve any purpose apart from lip service to bureaucracy. I’m sure it does put a few people off though, I almost didn’t click one of the options to self-certify when I first found BtF because I thought I might have to prove that I met the criteria. I hope no one is put off by that pointless little step.

2 Likes

Of course I’m supporting this, I just hope that I’m in time, this will probably be overfunded within a day. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Some advice for anyone considering this. Get your account set up at bnktothefuture now, even if you may not use it. The reason I say this is that it may take them some time to manually confirm your uploaded photo and address ID. I think you cannot invest until this step has been completed.

I agree with you @19eddyjohn75, that this may be overfunded very quickly. I guess the amount has been selected based on what would be optimal for MaidSafe, rather than what they think they’ll be able to get!

8 Likes