Cyber-Fund: Technical comparison between Safecoin, Bitcoin, Ethereum and more

Curtis is highlighting how a “Survival of the fittest” free market political ideology has bad social consequences. Game Theory is a useful tool in many disciplines and is not about how to manipulate people or anything……honest.
I have watched the Curtis video before among many others and I’m in alignment with his analysis on most things, I don’t see any conflict or similarity in the videos tbh, they are about different things, though touch on each other. I’m not really getting the technocracy bit - in what way?
I found the 1st video very informative, particularly around the 103 min mark where it is explained why it is important for devs to build altruism into their software. He seems to be of a similar mind to myself when he states:

“Crypto-economic protocols are social protocols”

By extension, I would say crypto socio-economic protocols are political in nature. By this I mean you can follow a free market economy dependent on charity, or a more “altruistic” model. One is forced to make a political choice.Why Devs should be doing this rather than leaving to users is nicely explained (via Game Theory). :smiley:

2 Likes

I want to elaborate on why society as a whole must be included in the win-win consideration. Think of society as a human body. Without proper interactions between the trillions of cells in the human body there will be disease. Cancer cells may individually see it as a win-situation for themselves, but in the long run the whole body dies along with all the cancer cells.

And another thing: it’s not about being selfless. Being selfless is a disregard of oneself and is therefore a lose-win situation. Win-win is about taking both oneself personally and others into consideration at the same time.

2 Likes

All very interesting, and I don’t want to belittle or insult them, but who and what is the cyber-fund exactly? The article makes it appear like this is a pretty big deal, but as far as I am aware cyber-fund is not an established renowned think-tank or anything like that. It’s likely from people that are heavily involved in the crypto-currency/decentralization community already, so it’s in a way self-promotion. Not really that news worthy to me… I consider their forecasts to be mere hopes then.

4 Likes

Yeah, but it still stirs the blood.

1 Like
3 Likes

We are just guys who excited about technology like you from 2011 and want to deliver thoughts further with investment idea in mind!
I have pretty interesting business circles. They was wondering why I turned so fast to something abstract and so intangible… I tried to explain them for years and eventually decide to gather all our experience in one place.
That is how #cyberep has been born. Though it should serve as a tool for self-promotion (and I feel nothing bad as it free and open to discus) the ultimate purpose is to spread information about the most meaningful projects and as result to be win-to-win for the whole crypto | blockchain | decentralized community.
We was in need of something similar. But find out that there is nothing similar in existence. So we’ve decide to create it. Thanks for any feedback.

That is quite easy to see :wink: