What’s up today? (Part 1)

@jlpell, being in the finance section sounds more like a claim and they want financing to continue research. Make claims of solving a big thing, be it robots, drugs, cancer research, they all do the same release press releases when they are at the 1% stage sounding like they are at the 75-90% stage to attract funding.

We’ll see though. If I can buy a “thinking” robot that can do the house work in the next decade then I’ll say they were a lot more advance than the normal press release would be.

And our government will demand Google (Australia) has to backdoor it so the tax department can get the records for “taxation” purposes. Otherwise google will have to pay upto 10 million dollars PER request they cannot satisfy. 10 million taxpayers by 10 million dollars – well I think google will backdoor it for the government.

So no thanks I will stick to wallets provided by non-austraian (presence) companies when I need one in the future.

1 Like

I forsee bugs galore with bundled wallets on release.
Private keys on display or easily accessed, and thats without mentioning apps that hide stuff in the smallprint if at all.
Ill be sticking to my desktop wallet.

2 Likes
3 Likes
4 Likes

Either it’s a fishy story or a literal textbook example of criminal negligence and why m of n, m<n multisig is a basic requirement. Anyone want to take the over/under on whether those coins start moving in a year or two?

They don’t “like” Rust, they made Rust.

7 Likes

MIT, Stanford Academics Design Cryptocurrency to Better Bitcoin

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2019-01-17/mit-stanford-academics-design-cryptocurrency-to-better-bitcoin

4 Likes

Here’s a link to the (very long) white paper for those looking for greater detail:
https://dtr.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/2019-01-16-Decentralized-Payment-Systems-Principles-and-Design.pdf

3 Likes

https://breakermag.com/facebooks-chainspace-acquisition-is-amazing-news-for-the-blockchain-industry-and-terrible-news-for-the-world/

Edit: Interestingly, Chainspace have been working on a ABFT consensus protocol called Blockmania

Very interesting
Did anyone of you guys know Bellingcat investigation source?

1 Like

What do you mean by their investigation source?

Sorry, mispelled in english. I mean if you know Bellingcat (i think that’s a good investigative-journalism source)

Yes, I’ve followed them for a while. They do some amazing investigative work. Sometimes they publish quizzes where they put out photos and challenge people to work out exactly where (and sometimes when) they were taken. I haven’t got one right yet, but it’s fun trying to pick out the clues to work it out.

1 Like

I’ve just found them. Reading currently few of their investigative reports and i find them amazing. Hope they’ll consider someday to bring their work on the SafeNetwork

1 Like

When I met @povilasb at FOSDEM he mentioned QUIC and HTTP/3, which I didn’t know much about. I found this great introductory resource explaining how it works: English - HTTP/3 explained

Not sure if this is the right place to post this :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

It was designed and created by a Mozilla employee and then some more (including one of the founders of Mozilla) and then it got sponsored by Mozilla. I won’t go into details about the semantics of the word “made” or about how open source works and how those two things may interact because I’m curious about all the fun ways you will go about splitting hair some more.

3 Likes

What kind of an idiot does think authoritarian governments need cryptocurrencies to subvert their citizens’ rights?

:cry: rip financial architect

2 Likes