What’s up today? (Part 1)

8 Likes

Someone should ask him to see if he can get a SAFE Network Wikipedia page to stick… Seriously.

4 Likes
7 Likes

And yet another reason for not buying iphones.

6 Likes

What this demonstrates is that you can remotely turn on the microphone without users consent.
Do we all feel comfortable yet?

2 Likes

Wake word tech in phones mean it is probably always listening 7 Things You Didn’t Know About Wake Words | by Rowan Trollope | Medium with varying consequences No, you’re not being paranoid, your phone really IS listening to you

This particular attack in question means other bad people can listen, however it is likely in normal working that it is the device manufacturers/suppliers who listen instead. That attack will annoy them into saying this is a tragedy and we need to fix it. These are our products (the people) and we cannot have them stolen by others for profit. That profit is ours :slight_smile:

I heard a while back about hardware mics and it is plausible. A mic that requires no power, but the sound into the mic is enough to raise a line on a machine to wake and record proper. So a low power device can idle waiting on sounds and then waken up. That has a lot of ramifications as well if it indeed made it into phones, unless it already is.

I am not paranoid, but I think things may be much more sinister than a hacker turning on a mic that is under the control of big corps normally. I see the discussion as hiding those who are listening normally.

12 Likes

Sometimes I get the feeling that google allways listen, like if you just talk about something and then you get ads about that topic without you have searched for anything similar. There are some videos on youtube where some people try to demonstrate that google allways listen but I can’t confirm if they are true or not.

I wonder why not google has got the same attention as facebook got last year, I get the feeling that facebook could be a saint compared to google.

4 Likes

Is this some kind of sign maybe. :thinking: Got mail from mozilla that they like Rust, did they ment to say "there is a new SAFE programming language called Rust. :grinning:!

5 Likes

Not that I’ve an Iphone, but concerning privacy it could be that they are better than Android in general. That is what they say themselves anyway:

2 Likes

My first React-static project is a website/blog for web and DWeb (SAFE!):

18 Likes

While governments ban HTC and Huawei to be potentially insecure for nation security.

Interesting thoughts to keep in mind when participating in those crypto currency project debates:

Constrained vs unconstrained vision, which are you? I sense the MaidSafe project team is of the contrained vision approach, and that is a good thing!

More details to the FaceTime story:

7 Likes

Kryder’s law in full effect.

7 Likes

Apparently the S10 will have an integrated bitcoin wallet as well. I’ll have to find the source though.

1 Like

The website of cryptopia is gone. Does it mean cryptopia will not come back again?

Probably the skilled hackers, the guys really interested in getting money from this, had it for multiple years already," says David Jaeger, a researcher at Hasso Plattner Institute who analyzed the collections. “After some time, they’ve tried all these on the major services, so it doesn’t make sense to keep them any longer, they sell it for a small amount of money.”

2 Likes

Not just Bitcoin, but also Ethereum (and I think I heard BCash too)

2 Likes

Well that’s promising for a future with a built in mobile vault then isn’t it? :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes
3 Likes