What’s up today? (Part 1)

One of the main goals of the project is to reach rural customers currently not served by ISP’s so I’m pretty sure at least some direct-to-the-consumer service is planned.

1 Like

Elons network will be download only, I’m not sure we will all be up linking to a sattelite. He will need to partner with telecom firms to accept requests, forward the requests to some uplink point, figure out approximate area where the request was made and then beam the content down at that spot. Correct me if I’m wrong. I don’t see any other way of implementing this.

The Satellites are low orbit and the antenna for upload is small, smaller than for a sat phone probably. But if ground based then bigger to make it cheaper

1 Like

That would be brilliant.

2 Likes

Encrypted dapp ‘whatsat’ messenger service works on lightning network. Cools proof of concept, and its great the masses are being prepped for dapps.

If you read the article, you will find that although they have managed to send a message, the blockchain based tech is creaking… and they would like miners to lower their fees to allow dapps on the network. :joy::joy::joy::joy:

SAFENetwork, I can wait for release… it will be loved.

13 Likes

Boxmining, an update about the situation in Hongkong.

3 Likes

Galaxy Note 8, surely I cant be getting those messages already :confounded:

2 Likes

I get the same error on a regular Linux desktop.

2 Likes

Do you mean the video in the previous post?

Screenshot:

I’m on an huwai p30 pro, I’m able to view this video on a Chinese spy phone.

Edit: I told a lie. I hit play. And bang… I assumed being able to see the play button meant I could watch it.

This is what I see.

So what is happening in Hong Kong

Not playing on Sony, Samsung, Huwawi.
Not playing in UK, Russia or the Netherlands either. No one else in my network wants to try, especialy anyone in Hong Kong. :joy::joy::joy:

I am able to play all other videos in the youtube app. Interesting. This wouldn’t happen on Safenet, feels like some political pressure has been applied. I really want to see the content now.

7 Likes

Hikvision Markets Uyghur Ethnicity Analytics, Now Covers Up.
Hopefully the Uygurs also get help from the CIA, but I fear (for the Uygurs) that is not the case.

Now, all of a sudden, it started working for Brave on Linux with VPN through Sweden.

4 Likes

MeToo…

4 Likes

Me too

20 charachters

4 Likes

So it looks like ISP blocking than device.

1 Like

Stroustrup continued saying: “When you build a tool, you do not know how it’s going to be used. You try to improve the tool by looking at how it’s being used and when people cut their fingers off to try and stop that from happening, but really, you have no control over how something is used.”

3 Likes

Never trust hardware that you haven’t built yourself!..
One man’s bug is another man’s feature… :thinking:

2 Likes

That’s probably not good enough either unless you make your own processors :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can’t trust processors!!..I flip bits with a magnet and a magnifying glass!..

Anyhow… one less problem perhaps for US:

3 Likes