What’s up today? (Part 1)

a2Qbx

Hmmmmm your probably making more sense about the blue :ice_cube:

I thought it represented this:

@zoki that holds all the universe’s data, gets updated in real-time with new entropy and is actually the size of an atom. I know this because… :vulcan_salute: I’m not sure if Spock’s orange (can also be eaten?) represents microsoft’s logo…

:rofl:

1 Like
3 Likes

Thank you very much for sharing! I will test this with pycharm - sounds super interesting!

1 Like

Sounds handy for archive nodes! :slight_smile:

1 Like
1 Like

Maidsafe mentioned. Also states that Kim dot com wants to use maidsafe technology.

(journalist incorrectly states maidsafe is blockchain tech)

Full story…

I bet… one of the biggest holders of maidsafe is Kim, he’s going to build his next solution on the SAFENetwork, and he wants the sweeeeeeet funding that the rise in SAFECoin will give him.

Edit… Look at that, this was news year’s ago on here.

:wave: Waving hello at Kim. He is most probably a reader here.

6 Likes

I’m not sure whether his vocal support of SAFENetwork would help or hinder the team. However, supporting it in other ways could certainly help.

1 Like

And the silly thing is that no one needs to use Kim’s (money making) scheme and just use SAFE directly

8 Likes

Scammers are trying out new schemes (this is scam, don’t send money!)

Not that I find the color meaning important (probably because clouds are in blue sky), but I’m wondering how much Microsoft marketing has molded the contents to be able to reuse the 4 squares in their logo.

The blue in this logo means (originally): Windows, SQL Server, Azure, etc. the red Office, the green Xbox and the yellow was there to complete the window.
It was introduced in 2012 with Windows 2008. It of course also resembles Metro: the (unsuccessful) UI with tiles.

1 Like

Mercury transit occurring now. Rare event. EDIT: Will take many hours to transit

Here is a live feed from an amateur (Any bands across the sun are power lines around his location)

3 Likes

Interesting article about “ant cannibalism” of two physically separated tribes. Since we often draw parallels between ant behavior and SAFEnet I immediately had to think of a possible related situation with SAFE. :sweat_smile:

The nearest possible scenario I could think of was an extreme form of network split over a long period of time. I’m not sure if the current (or future) design(s) would allow both parts of the network to still work independently.

The cannibalism part could be a bug where one part of the network harnesses resources of the other network without the other network knowing it, maybe? Just some funny thoughts on monday afternoon. :smiley:

1 Like

Another 60 satellites to go up within an hour or so:

Elon already shared details about it’s encryption at firmware-level:

8 Likes

Listening to Elon on the test launch of these satellites, the service is being sold to ISPs and the like, not to individuals. Basically a back haul service.

Less people to deal with, basically a layer 2 service.

1 Like

I doubt this is still the goal. Elon likes to sell directly to customers. They’re working extremely hard on low latency etc. Wouldn’t make sense to add more lag by adding another company in the middle. I remember him saying something about selling WiFi-routers as well.

2 Likes

The issue is the customers could be billions and the routing in those satellites may not be able to handle that workload or switching needed.

By using layer 2 the switching is between say 10,000 points of presence where as for a direct to person/IoT a billion (many billions) customers/IoT the switching tables would be many TBytes to 10’s to 100’s TB worth.

Power is an issue

To Elon the customer is one of the thousands of ISPs

2 Likes

He talked about receivers the size of a pizza-box and working to get that smaller. That doesn’t sound like just ISPs to me.

EDIT: ‘SpaceX wants to offer the service to the U.S. government but is now focused on how it will serve the consumer market. Many of the details of how the service will be rolled out remain to be worked out, she said. When possible it will be offered directly to consumers following Musk’s Tesla model for selling cars. In many countries the company will be required to partner with local telecom firms to offer the service.’

Here you go. Probably both.

2 Likes

Maybe, I cannot be sure, but Elon says many things and finalises things when the engineers tell what is and is not possible. His Starship has been through many changes and quite different to what he said he wanted at the start.

He did say something like the WiFi thingo but changed after that and when quiet on what would be offered after he said they would sell the services to the ISPs only and a lot of annoyed people complained.

EDIT: from your link it shows they are not sure yet. For some people they will try to sell direct to them. (Like Tesla cars big $$$ is my guess). But most of the world is to the ISP, and I call that initially it will be to the ISP in the USA too. The customers who get direct will be those who pay the $$$ and thus few. Like US defense, the Airlines, Hollywood stars, Bill Gates, Elon himself, etc.

When possible it will be offered directly to consumers following Musk’s Tesla model for selling cars. In many countries the company will be required to partner with local telecom firms to offer the service.

**Shotwell recognized a lot of

I hope they sell to the person, but IoT seems it will miss out and have to piggy back

2 Likes