The DAO crowdfunding is live

Good to keep this topic updated as we’ll see smart contract on SAFE in the future.

Researchers Find Security Flaws in DAO Ethereum VC Fund on the Eve of Its Launch

http://news.softpedia.com/news/researchers-find-security-flaws-in-dao-ethereum-vc-fund-on-the-eve-of-its-launch-504615.shtml

1 Like

The DAO should just start charging people for submitting proposals, that way it’s making money + preventing nonsensical proposals that waste time
https://dao.consider.it/

They should also a aggressive deadline (7 days for voting)
https://dao.report/

Besides being able to allocate Ether, it would be interesting to see them allocate their DAO tokens :stuck_out_tongue:

Always helps to stay updated with this, because we’re now in the passenger seat and can see how this test drive goes.

2 Likes

This is where proposals show up…

1 Like

And this wasn’t even addressed by the researchers (because it’s not a security issue, but a design challenge) so I’m very curious how this DAO project will move forward in the near future…

1 Like

Ouch…there seems to be a lot of possible concerns with the new DAO platform for Eth.

Makes me glad SAFE is taking their time and locking things down. Measure twice, cut once and all that… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This article makes it sound like all crypto is “illegal”…hmmm,…I always thought there was a distinct difference between “tokens” and actual ownership shares in a company…interesting…

"Why address funding? Because the practice of selling blockchain tokens as an investment over the internet – as THEDAO is doing – while not new, is a big problem. Hundreds of cryptocurrencies (e.g. Bitshares, Swarm, and Omni/Mastercoin, to name a few) have come and gone since 2013 which have used “token sales,” “software licence sales,” “crypto-equity,” “cryptofuel,” or other artifices to raise funds from unaccredited investors.

Unfortunately, this practice is against the law. Not maybe against the law, not possibly against the law, but straight-up, 100%, beyond-a-shadow-of-a-doubt against the law. This was my opinion in 2014 and it remains my opinion today."

1 Like

I happen to disagree with that on several levels. If it was really illegal, we would have known that already.

And this. Bleh. Or meh. Whatever you want.

“However, the current body of laws governing this sphere of conduct exists to ensure that people to whom investments are marketed can be absolutely certain about what they’re getting in exchange for their money.”

2 Likes

I agree, i may not personally agree with the project , but every crypto can be technically classified as illegal in some respect or other, especially all ico raised fund ones

The mist browser looks interesting in this instance & how to vote with DAO tokens.

1 Like

Voted on a DAO proposal today for the first time, it felt liberating. I sent some DAO from mist to a myetherwallet address and voted there, so all my tokens weren’t locked up for a couple of weeks. It is fascinating to see this crazy hot mess start to move.

Whatever your opinion is of the DAO, it is undeniable their is a high level of genius and creativity floating around. Each day it doesn’t take me long to learn something new.

5 Likes

I just got set up with voting with Mist.

It is cool, though still a bit buggy - I’m looking forward to future versions.

I’m guessing you know this, but just in case; the magnitude of your vote depends on how many tokens you vote with, so to maximise vote you need to vote with all tokens.

I hope that in the coming weeks some proposals get closer to the 20% voting threshold, or it’ll get a bit boring :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t wanna sound like a stalker, but hey is this Benjamin Bollen, at 14m15s? :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

It may be, or his doppelganger, idk. But can we talk about Alfred Hickcock in the foreground!

2 Likes

We have become spoiled indeed $10M unclaimed by DAO Token Holders.

Even worst, you have a currency that is worth more than some national currencies and it’s just in limbo.
Last time I checked there where over 1172M DAO tokens created.

https://sea1.discourse-cdn.com/business5/uploads/safenetwork/optimized/2X/1/1b84d6dc45591b01d87971bfc580cd99cdc20f42_1_660x500.png

Over $93M, that’s the gdp of some countries. Even worse you probably can’t even exchange DAO tokens anymore. Now we experiment with money and when our ideas don’t work, we just toss it aside and forget that that value could mean the world to someone else financially stuck. GOOD JOB CRYPTO COMMUNITY :scream:

1 Like