Storj raises $30m, Maidsafe is so overlooked in the market

Wow. So if I don’t like hyping then I am an idiot/hypocrite.

Sounds like all you are interested in is quick money.

Let you in on something, SAFE is not about the money. Strange concept that people are interested in the product rather than quick money

Its called waiting for success and not worry about what a bunch of traders and get rich people think.[quote=“Kingslanding, post:20, topic:13787”]
Maidsafe losing its market position because there must be something wrong.
[/quote]

Wow again. Surely you know that is BS

This is sounding more like a trader who has too much MAID and wants Maidsafe to hype MAID so the trader can make money. And a lot less about the project

You are on a different planet from me, and I guess that’s why you don’t understand me or this project. If all you care about is coin value you can’t see that there is more to this project than than making money.

This lack of understanding is why MaidSafeCoin has not followed the market up, and why it won’t crash as hard as the others when that happens. I’m content with that because I’m here for the tide, not the waves.

So should I invest in Storj or not?:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ah ah ah ahah ah ah aha a ha ah!!!

Currently it’s at $28,069,045.88 with a cap at $30,000,000.

I truly agree with what others have expressed here; the best path forward for SAFE and Maidsafe is to just make it. The proof, as they say, will be in the pudding. The best buzz/advertisements for the SAFE network will be progress. When alpha 2 is released, when beta is released. when the final public release goes live; these milestones alone will draw much more buzz and awareness towards the project (each one greater than the last) than any marketing effort.

This can only happen if the core team is focused on their work, and building a solid network that will stand the test of time.

The other great/free advertising we get is from 3rd party developers using SAFE. For example, NVO is building a decentralized cryptocurrency exchange facilitated by SAFE, and Project Decorum will be used to power social networks and forums.

Once people see the power of SAFE, and all the things its capable of, to the moon we shall go. These 3rd party apps and milestones will be so much more valuable in the long run for raising SAFEnet awareness and drawing investors (and more developers!) than catchy sensationalist articles with little substance.

I’m not concerned about MAID’s market cap rankings yet, and neither should you. Let’s see where it is a few years from now, eh?

1 Like

It’s is not advisable to advertise until there is a viable product to advertise.

3 Likes

Does anyone know what’s going on with the crowdsale?

How can they claim to have a 30,000,000 USD cap, and then lower their claim for the total amount raised? I posted this:[quote=“Runswick, post:23, topic:13787”]
Currently it’s at $28,069,045.88 with a cap at $30,000,000.
[/quote]

and about half an hour later it’s at $26,679,212.95 - which is LESS! (How can I do a ‘confused’ emoticon?)

Maybe there’s an explanation for this somewhere, but currently I don’t see how they can justify this kind of behaviour…

1 Like

the fund raising is ongoing and almost reach 30m cap, now passing 29m, should be done in several hours.

Agreed. Eventually Storj may adapt and utilize the Maidsafe Network and store data on it for a secure background “substrate” for their network instead of the old web. Also many believe that large corporations will run to Maidsafe for better security when they realize how cheap and easy it will be to store terabytes of info away from the prying eyes of corporate espionage

1 Like

It said it had gone past 29m a while ago, then it dropped down to less than 27m again!

1 Like

Again! It’s back to 26,747,667.89!

In addition to some of the comment below regards business stage, I think it should also be considered what is being sold to raise the funds. MaidSafe’s £1.3m BnkToTheFuture raise was for equity, whereas Storj and some of other large raises we hear about are exclusively about coins. So I think in this market place coins and not equity are what people want as they are easy to track, fungible…etc…Bear in mind that Mega Upload raised £818k on the same platform at the same time. In Storj’s case they are selling coins at $0.50 in their current coin sale against a market price of $0.70. This is not to take anything away from the level of demand they have created, but the 40% discount is most certainly a factor.

Totally accept the view that MaidSafe are choosing not to hype too much until we are just a little more advanced in the rollout, but I think the comparison between our equity raise and the ICOs of others is akin to comparing apples and oranges.

5 Likes