How do you set up the IP?

Go here:
https://invite.maidsafe.net/

Login with your Maidsafe forum id

when your logged in you arive here:

https://invite.maidsafe.net/chooser.html

Choose Alpha-2

Registered IP

is empty but when you click “SET IP” your ip is include.

You can now use the invite token in the SAFE browser, when you create an account.

Hmmmm you get the eternal “please wait” when your not logged in with your forum account.

2 Likes

That helped to some extent. I was able to set my IP. But still when I try to create an account I get the code error: Unexpected…

Bummer i also get the
“Core error: Unexpected: Could not connect to the SAFE Network”

That while I was on the SAFE Network yesterday and all was working fine.

Hmmmm in my case the Core error is due to the fact that my ISP changed my IP today.

Check if your IP also changed maybe that’s the reason, like always I’m a little in dreamland you can update your IP, but still I get the Core error :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s wrong - use the invite.maidsafe.net to update your IP. Mine changes daily.

I updated the IP, but still get a Core error

So I created a login with the same credentials of yesterday, I got the message that that login already exists, but when I try to login I get:

“Core error: Unexpected: Could not connect to the SAFE Network”

I restarted/cleared history but still the same error.

Sidenote i’m using my invitecode as Account Secret + Account Password, but my laziness shouldn’t be the reason that I get this error right?

I don’t think you’re doing anything wrong - that should work, certainly does for me - over to @maidsafe I think.

2 Likes

@happybeing Thanks again sir, now it’s working

@Maidittoyou try if it works now and good luck

2 Likes

Thanks for the help guys.
So I tried everything I got so far but I just can’t get passed the CORE ERROR. This is frustrating.

Hey all when i login it acts like I’m logged in, however when i try to go to a site in the launcher, for some reason firefox opens up and then displays an error such as cannot connect to pay or something to that extent. Any ideas? not sure why it goes to firefox. I even try to enter into the madesafe browser manually does the same thing. please help

I was just having this issue and I fixed it by clicking “Set IP” when it shows your IP address and that fixed it for me.

1 Like

Yeah. I was able to do the same. The problem with mine was the fire wall set up by McAfee and it was blocking SAFE from accessing the internet. I had to manually turn 0ff the fire wall. Well I ran out the free trial so I am good now.

I am using Alpha2. I was able to work around the error by deleting the files in:

%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\SAFE Browser\Local\Storage*

This is on Windows, of course the path would differ for other OSes.

After deleting the files, reopen the SafeBrowser and I no longer got the core error.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.