A few of my friends, who I often find myself preaching SAFE to, are interested in buying SafeCoin, but wanted to know something first.
They have been following a bit, but are worried about what has happened since August last year. I told them about revamping the huge codebase to get it cleaner and easier to developers to use for once the API is released but they want to know a bit more.
Could anyone in the community give me some good points as to what some of the recent advances have been? Since last August? I know some of the MaidSafe web pages have been redone since then.
Thanks a ton guys!
- rudp → rudp v2 (called Crux and headed for boost library)
- routing → routing_v2 (in progress, takes security consensus and accumulator + signature checks into a more base layer, this is potentially a very large change though and may require rudp2)
- Finalising the messaging services now
- Addition of RESTful API for client applications to mimic the likes of Amazon S3 Google etc. to allow easy swap of apps from those to SAFE
- Addition of App Launcher to provide a very high level interface in many languages
- Port to Android / python / node.js / c#
Plus a load of analysis by us and local universities into security and efficiency (ongoing works with Strathclyde and Stirling Universities)