Pre-Dev-Update Thread! Yay! :D

seems like theyr updating the user guide so got to be moments away…?

5 Likes

Or fixing this ?
https://github.com/maidsafe/safe-testnet-tool/pull/14

Fixed 12h later :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Squeaky bum time

8 Likes

… ahah! Yup, a partially digested :mouse2:

4 Likes

You have NO idea how true that is.

Feeling in awe of these folk plugging away at github 2 days before Christmas.

Much love and respect guys.

20 Likes

hey

Everyone , Be Safe this Christmas and happy as the Networks in the New Year!

11 Likes

Attempting to launch a shared network? it’s Thursday and we might be Live.

14 Likes

8 days until the next update, any chance of a mini update tomorrow? I see GitHub activity, so I know your all busy working illuminated by Christmas tree lights.

2 Likes

I can see where you’re coming from zeroflaw, but if there was a vote I’d be strongly in favour of the opposite, no update of any kind, and instead plenty of fireplaces, whisky, mugs of tea and walks for the whole team, and thinking about something else other than bugs and complex systems :smiley:

9 Likes

Agreed. In addition to JayBird’s points above, I think saving the news for Jan 7 will make next week’s update all the more powerful. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I think any activity on Github is a mini update in itself.

4 Likes

Local weather for next 3-4 days is mainly dry, broken clouds, just above freezing through the day – sounds like excellent walking weather.

3 Likes

That’s from a year ago.

1 Like

My basic Pre-Dev-Update mood has changed since the release of the current testnet. Not so tense anymore. Just interested to see what steps has been made, how the community feeds back to the development processes etc. And I don’t even expect new releases every thursday, necessarily. Just new insights, accumulation of ideas etc.

By the way, when reading about CRDT’s do you read it inside your mind as ‘credit’? I just cannot read it any other way.

4 Likes

Most spellcheckers also see it that way :smiley: :smiley:

6 Likes

No, acronyms are very common in engineering/tech, so just the letters C R D T to me.

3 Likes

Ah… so that’s why it takes some time :wink:

I presume there would be a lot of activity here if the testnet was fully ready for lift off?

:grin:

1 Like

New sn_messaging with fresh release v1.2.0

3 Likes