Pre-Dev-Update Thread! Yay! :D

I don’t knowwhatthis all means but boy am I excited

8 Likes

https://github.com/maidsafe/safe-api/pull/574

The ants just keep marching!

14 Likes

Incoming…

Ready to play your part in a shared network by adding your vault from home to a single section with other people’s vaults? Keep reading…

MaidSafe are currently hosting some bootstrap nodes on Digital Ocean to kickstart a single section, you can bootstrap using these nodes as hardcoded contacts, then watch the logs as your vault joins the network, progresses to Adult status, and plays its part in hosting Immutable Data Chunks. Of course you will also be able to create an account on this network, login, upload data, create keys and wallets, and all the other commands described in this user guide. This guide will take you through connecting to that, but of course it can be applied to connecting to any shared section, hosted by anyone.

The above is part of a new section being added to the SAFE CLI documentation.

21 Likes

Can you connect to the shared-section right now? I am having problems - see Shared-section problems

3 Likes

You guys are on the ball!
You won’t be able to connect just yet - we’ll be releasing a new CLI, authd & vault which you’ll need to update to before it’ll work :slight_smile:

26 Likes

I just built the latest safe-api a couple of hours ago…

Sorry @happybeing - testing of the bashed version of safegit will be on hold for a bit…

7 Likes

Hmm… seems like a possibility for a community testnet, doesn’t it, you techie-members-of-the-forum?

10 Likes

Looking forward to this! I have a bit of time to get my laptop connected up this time too! :sunglasses:

6 Likes

I spy with my little eye something very cool in github. :boom:

11 Likes

Downloaded and unzipped - just waiting for its pals to show up :slight_smile:

Agog level: 9.5

6 Likes

Just opening my eyes with a cuppa joe and I will be there waiting with you.

4 Likes

I am so excited guys can’t wait :smiley:

5 Likes

can you run a local network after updating everything?

2 Likes

I havent tried yet.
I can’t get onto the shared section right now . I could last night after reverting to the last release. I suspect some components that need to be in sync is probably not quite in sync for the next few hours until everything is ready.

Seems the answer is no - for now at least…

illie@gagarin:~/projects/maidsafe/safe_vault$ safe networks switch my-network

Switching to ‘my-network’ network…
Fetching ‘my-network’ network connection information from ‘/home/willie/.config/safe-cli/networks/my-network_vault_connection_info.config’ …
Successfully switched to ‘my-network’ network in your system!
If you need write access to the ‘my-network’ network, you’ll need to restart authd, login and re-authorise the CLI again
willie@gagarin:~/projects/maidsafe/safe_vault$ safe auth restart
Stopping SAFE Authenticator daemon (safe-authd)…
Success, safe-authd (PID: 79882) stopped!
Starting SAFE Authenticator daemon (safe-authd)…
safe-authd started (PID: 79917)
Success, safe-authd restarted!
willie@gagarin:~/projects/maidsafe/safe_vault$ safe auth create-acc --test-coins
Passphrase:
Password:
Creating a SafeKey with test-coins…
[2020-06-11T12:05:34Z ERROR safe] safe-cli error: [Error] NetDataError - Failed to allocate test coins: Unexpected: Connection timed out when bootstrapping to the network - CoreError::Unexpected::{“Connection timed out when bootstrapping to the network”}

2 Likes

Yes I get the same, thanks for checking.

2 Likes

https://github.com/maidsafe/safe-api/releases

Wrap yer gums round, that, Daphne!!!

Sadly cant play with it now – called away on family stuffs

5 Likes

bam…

safe vault join

Creating ‘/home/josh/.safe/vault/local-vault’ folder
Storing vaults’ generated data at /home/josh/.safe/vault/local-vault
Starting a vault to join a SAFE network…
Launching with vault executable from: /home/josh/.safe/vault/safe_vault
Node started with hardcoded contact(s): [“167.172.55.70:12000”]
Launching vault…
Vault logs are being stored at: /home/josh/.safe/vault/local-vault/safe_vault.log

13 Likes

hmm… that encouraged me to look past this error.

So, clean install without thinking to start baby-fleming gets:

safe vault join
[2020-06-11T13:46:48Z ERROR safe] safe-cli error: There doesn't seem to be a any network setup in your system. Unable to read current network connection information from '/home/safe/.config/safe_vault/vault_connection_info.config': No such file or directory (os error 2)

but
safe vault run-baby-fleming
sees

$ safe vault join
Creating '/home/safe/.safe/vault/local-vault' folder
Storing vaults' generated data at /home/safe/.safe/vault/local-vault
Starting a vault to join a SAFE network...
Launching with vault executable from: /home/safe/.safe/vault/safe_vault
Node started with hardcoded contact(s): ["127.0.0.1:12000"]
Launching vault...
Vault logs are being stored at: /home/safe/.safe/vault/local-vault/safe_vault.log

:partying_face:

or am I doing it wrong… with yours showing a hard coded ip address and mine localhost 127.0.0.1 ??

3 Likes

just the man I need, how do I get the logs to display in the terminal? previously we used RUST_LOG=info. but that is not doing the trick for me.

hmmm, I had no luck until I updated CLI.
I updated vault, auth, cli… restarted auth, authorized cli, and joined.

not sure what the the bit about IGD response means… comes from being an impatient child I guess! :laughing:

INFO 2020-06-11T09:51:44.253219748-04:00 [/usr/local/cargo/git/checkouts/routing-616e72cf40f12bc0/4a092f0/src/node/mod.rs:807] 652ce7…(?) This node has been approved to join the network at Prefix()!
INFO 2020-06-11T09:51:44.253463438-04:00 [/usr/local/cargo/git/checkouts/routing-616e72cf40f12bc0/4a092f0/src/consensus/parsec.rs:348] 652ce7…(?) Init new Parsec v6
INFO 2020-06-11T09:51:47.143267414-04:00 [/usr/local/cargo/git/checkouts/quic-p2p-9a2715614ed5c99d/c6ae051/src/lib.rs:292] Could not send the IGD response: sending on a disconnected channel - “SendError(…)”

3 Likes

Perhaps this?..
tail -f some.log

2 Likes