Other Coins - Price & Trading topic

All I know is, there should also be a BitHobbit exchange launching soon :sparkles:

Who’s next, Gandalf, or Glum? :orangutan:

3 Likes

Decided to add MAID as a permanent currency on the Bitbot ticker.
Bitbot will wait for large USD price changes of all poloniex coins, and
compare them with the price of MAID.

Got to push out Maid of ‘SAFENetwork’ in anyway we can.

Looks more matrix like in green.

Should I stick with The System Matrix has you.
or… go with…
The Block Chain has you.

Edit:

Went with this in the end…

4 Likes

Are any of you lads using a paid signal or other type of similar professional trading service?

Nope. I’m writing one though. :wink:

I’m looking in to the telegram API.

Bitbot has a few phases.

1. Proof of simple market queries.
  2. Simple price watch, greater than 7% movement or $7.0 it will tweet a price summary over fiat.
  3. Tweet charts.
  4. calculate market indicators. ( Begining to do this in the backend)
  5. using market indicators tweet signals.
  6. <—. This one is what’s motivating me.
    Use Tensorflow to try and see if machine learning can predict in anyway market movements, trained on data gathered in step (4)

90% of a data science project is querying and peeping data. That’s coming to an end now. Very soon I’ll be playing with machine learning magic.

:wink: Might give you guys a reduced mates rate on launch.

Edit: I also thing from a marketing point of view, including maid in price tweets gives exposure to SAFEnetwork to the people mainly interested in finance.

8 Likes

This sounds really interesting. I don’t know if I ever want to give up the actual trading to an AI (even though it would be faster, I think it could make mistakes a human brain would see easily) … But I would love an AI advisor of some kind!

2 Likes

Ive thought of a similar thing for sports betting. Use a scraper to scrape fan data, analyse the linguistics and make a judgement call win/loss based on that. Its been done successfully by other teams before, one I think was from Harvard.

Could probably do the same for Crypto. I think that is what Clif High does from the Web Bot project.

But actually I was talking about non-bot or AI signals. More from straight up pro traders. Im looking into one at the moment.

1 Like

Anyone have any idea why the alt market is tanking?

Its just BTC needs to confirm a downtrend then the alt market will power back up as people look to hedge their BTC. By confirm I really mean something subjective like when has it gone down long enough for a person to decide ok the trend has reversed. So far today is looking good but I think it might take at least a week of red on the BTC charts to get people thinking they need to sit in something other then BTC.

2 Likes

On the USD cross something like ETH is still up 100% this year, so it’s really just against bitcoin where the alts are getting crushed, as for why alts aren’t going with bitcoin? One guess (based on web traffic stats to exchanges) is that retail isn’t really involved in this years rally, that it’s mostly institutional investors and people working around Chinese capital controls, and neither of those groups would be recycling their winnings into alt coin gambling the way small investors do.

2 Likes

Makes you realize how much BTC was involved in all those MLM and mining scams in the last couple of years. Easily a million or two of small investors who got taken to the cleaners.

1 Like

Isn’t the best hedge to switch everything into USD and forget all about this new fangled nonsense?

1 Like

maybe the safest hedge but alts are good cause if BTC goes down they will prolly go up but in addition they can have their own alt season so its like a bonus pull on that slot machine imo.

1 Like
1 Like

Alts getting smashed too still… for how long, I wonder?

I think he was being sarcastic if you look at it from a few steps back… :joy:

4 Likes

The manipulation of BTC and Ethereum prices by the main exchanges is incredible. If they aren’t careful they could kill the golden goose

1 Like

Eh I would not freak out over a retrace to the 5-6k usd range. I prefer slow steady growth rather than these crazy highs and financial ruining crashes. Plus I would like to pick up a few coins around that range with some powder.

2 Likes

So, the crypto tweet business is going well. Crypto tweets are a popular consumable topic it seems.
Of the 46K impressions 34K are of market price information with the safenetwork logo.

This means 34K pairs of eyeballs have seen something like this, with price movements
of a coin with exchange rates to standard FIAT, but also BTC and most importantly
MAID. That and the logo at the bottom should spark a level of curiosity.
I hope that people who see bitbot tweets find themselvs on this forum, if so, join and
say hello and let me know its working!!!

Followers are hard to get, the number of followers is creeping up but I am not sure how many
of these are going to be bots.

As the follower numbers do go up… they ill be on the reciving end of a hard hitting re-tweet campaign
of every friday update.

Retweet interactivity looks strong though.

Build an informative, yet effortless, price market service… and they will come.
And when they do, I hope they discover SAFENetwork.

17 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: What’s up today?

$GBP coin. Ouch. May reach parity or sub $EUR coin.

6 Likes