Other Coins - Price & Trading topic

So… My bot can tweet, output to telegram.
Collect exchange trade data. Build charts.
It can now calculate market indicators.
I’ve reached the exciting part now, designing the machine learning experiments on the above data.
I do have one question…

Do any experienced traders here know how to measure trading volume? Is there a measure? What is considered a good trading volume.

I want to train my bot on a fair market, not one moved by a couple of trades.

3 Likes

https://zage.io/report/
EDIT

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=93198534749182384560

2 Likes

Is there a link where they aren’t harvesting personal data?

1 Like

1 Like

Only if it goes lower, its been here in the last few weeks and rose again. This is not even the time for the steady rise towards halving.

1 Like

Looks like that substratum project bit the dust, one “decentralized web” project that has failed, supposedly they released a buggy node after 2.5 years:

8 Likes

No doubt the guys at the top of this had a wonderful time. When I first saw it, it didn’t pass my “gut feeling” test

5 Likes

Yeah apparently the head of substratum group is a 4 time convicted felon. Crazy they raised like $14 mil, what a huge loss for the funders of that effort. Compared to MaidSafe which raised like 7 million(but dwindled to 6 because of master coin flop) goes to show at least how well MaidSafe has been at managing money to sustain as long as they have. Fingers crossed our little team delivers on some goods and come out on top :+1: .

8 Likes

It was a bit worse than that for us £3.3 million from the crowdsale. The mix of mastercoin and then immediate bitcoin deflation in price hit us with a double whammy. Lucky for us we are pretty good at managing the money we have. No fancy parties or huge wages/bonuses for us. We are on a mission and I think this is key, the fundamentals and vision are key for us and we mean them and live by them. It makes us stronger in many ways, but does mean we have to be ever diligent which is a good thing, but makes the journey a bit harder. I feel it is worth the pain/pressure of managing resources though. It keeps us lean, but sometimes it would be great to have more funds to be able to sub-contract some things and so on, or just go to loads of presentations/talks and conferences. However I think getting the job done is more important, so we limit all of that, probably too much, but we need to work like this. As we say here we work with what we have and work hard.

Updates make it easy for us to validate what we are doing weekly and I wish every project in this field did likewise.

32 Likes

Thanks for the insight, most articles have it a bit wrong then in their info on MaidSafe in the early days. Fully agree that learning how to run lean in these small startup years will pay off later when yah deliver on this network and a great chance larger funding becomes readily available through a variety of means.

6 Likes

A timely reminder that market cap can be completely driven by hype in crypto… Or at least it could be during the boom.

It was obvious to a lot of folk that substratum was promising the earth, without much evidence of how they would get there. Quite the contrast to Maidsafe, who always appeared to have a strong grasp on the goals and the technicals to get there.

I think we are now seeing the projects with quality shot through them starting to deliver. Those without are starting to go to the wall.

11 Likes

My skill seems to be finding the ‘real deal’, and David and Maidsafe are without doubt that. It’s a privilege to be on this journey with them and this community.

Thanks David. Thank you very much.

26 Likes

$1.00 for 11,000 impressions.
Best price for an advert ever.

*number of conversions : Zero

2 Likes

Another web 3.0 project:

2 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue:

I’m looking forward to the day I get an email like this from kraken for SAFECoin.

3 Likes

Bear fud is back. Is it warranted?

1 Like

Question: What will happen to BAT if the SAFE Network offers PtC rewards (Pay the Client) when users opt in to viewing ads in a hypothetical future release of the SAFE browser?

Answer: The same thing that will happen to all the other crypto projects after SAFE goes mainstream.

5 Likes

Gold coins.

They say gold is the canary in the economic mine. Looks like its ready to start singing again.

If you bought Krugerrand / Britannias 10 years ago you would have outperformed banks, but not crypto.

I’d say start stacking gold and silver… but why do that when you can stack sats.

4 Likes

There is a private mint in Singapore that makes bullion (Copper, Silver, Gold) coins as a crypto cold storage solution. I’m not sure about the security (not qualified to judge) but i think it’s a savvy way to introduce crypto. :slightly_smiling_face:

The owner of https://coldstoragecoins.com/ testified in US Congress a few years ago, “Parallel Currencies: the Roadmap to Monetary Freedom” for the United States House Financial Services Domestic Monetary Policy subcommittee a few years back.

Rob Gray @ Ron Paul’s Final Domestic Monetary Policy Hearing (6 mins, 30)

3 Likes