Other Coins - Price & Trading topic

Maybe not only concentrating on the technology, but role play uses…

cut to…

• YouTube escapee… “Not having the big bad algorithms take down my videos, building a real comunity on Jams”
  • Facebook escapee… “Owning and controling my data has really given back privacy and power back to me…”
  • Instagram Escapee… “Not having the service fail every other week really demonstrates the power of the network”
  • Coorporate Office… “Built in GDPR, 100% uptime, full encryption has really helped the business plan”
  • Politician (Comedic) … " Since the launch of the network, I’ve lost all control on the… ehem… “Spin”, people actually know whats going on…"
  • Farmer, maybe in a low economic area… "Low power consuption of my farming rig isn’t stressing out my electricity bill, and in return, im able to aford … "
  • The money shot… “sir tim berners lee” - " The world wide web, as solid version, as I intended the first internet to be" Maybe spinning round in the Father of the Matrix chair and outfit?

I think a shiny video like this would be great!

4 Likes

Fully agree… and to get really disruptive (as everyone claims everything) let’s go fully to the core and explain some of the things that people would be surprised about…

A little money spent with some of the YouTube ‘influencers’ (ad declared) or other investments, about why NOT to invest in Maid… 1) the longest startup in history 2) not blockchain 3) no pumping with BS 4) friendly forum 5) x lots of other examples. Too many to remember, but that’s why I love this project.

In a crowded space, I think playing up to ‘Maid’s’ superficially perceived ‘weaknesses’ could be our greatest strength to create cut-through. Let’s be brave. The product will speak for itself, but let’s widen its awareness not via traditional messages or means.

4 Likes

Could pay many many influences to say…

“I am the inventor of the crypto SAFENetwork” :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Tyler Swope of Chico Crypto is legit and did a very nice, unsponsored video featuring SAFE a few months back. I’m fairly convinced we’ll hear more from him after Fleming is released. Either way, he’d be a great guy to reach out to.

1 Like

Any ideas what to do with altcoins? I mean in regards to trading - and actually what to do with them in general, too?

I guess I have ever used four cryptocurrencies for anything else than trying to get rich quick:

• BTC - buy products that I would not have been able to buy with any other currency.
  • XMR - buy the same kind of products - hopefully in a bit more privately.
  • LTC - move money from exchange A to B quicker than with BTC
  • ETH - move money from exchange A to B quicker than with BTC

What have you used different coins for? Did you use them because they were particularly good for the purpose, or did you just want to experiment a bit?

I own about 25 different cryptos. Why so many? Because I don’t know what to do with them, but at some point they have seemed to have some potential. Most of them I have bought just a little with the thought that “maybe this one becomes the currency of the World”. Some of them seemed to have some potential for new clever use case apart form just money. Some of them I bought bigger chunks in 2017, and later decided to sell, but left just a little amount in case that it would somehow turn out to be the winner, in which case very little could go a long way.

My holdings at the moment:

MAID 33%
BTC 31%
ETH 9%
XMR 8%
cumulative 81%

FCT 6%
NEO 4%
DASH 2%
XLM 1%
cumulative 94%

all the following less than 1%
NANO
IOTA
MANA
ADA
XEM
GNT
ETC
ARK
QTUM
ARDR
NMR
ANT
SNM
OMG
STRAT
XRP
PIVX

Alts have been taking a lot fo hit during the recent/current BTC bull run. I expect the damage to be somewhat permanent except for some alts that deliver real value via some other route than just being “slightly better money”, because I think Facebooks Libra will fill that gap.

So are there any alts worth checking out, and why?
Also, I’ll appreciate any comments on my portfolio.

Bitcoin FOMO is in right now :smiley:

1 Like

The one million dollar question is when BTC will start to bleed? 20k, 40k, 60k or maybe now?
I thought that if BTC would be a person, he/she would be considered insane. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

T.he last time BTC went from $12k to $20k in 20 days. Looks like it’s on its way to repeating that and more

2 Likes

Might not this time. Thinking this is possibly a reversal. Pretty nasty for just a correction but maybe.

3 Likes

I don’t know if it can explode so fast this time. Last time KYC regulations were just taking hold. It was still easy to get into the game. This time around even if people are like wowowow BTC to the moon… They still have to take the time to gather up those documents and wait for and exchange to process them. That cooling off period I think will mean people are wayyy more conservative this time around.

1 Like

Stripe is involved in Libra and Stripe own Stellar. Just saying …

My guess is that the big boys are buying. Greyscale have bought a few hundred million USD over the past year and if the Saudi Prince who asked about buying 25% of available BTC supply is playing the game there is a long way to go, even before the halving

1 Like

ya the Saudi royalty is notorious for having no concept of money. They are just like I want an island so lets build one. who cares what it costs. just pump more oil and take all the profits.

1 Like

The thing is, about statements like that, from the prince. You really have to wonder if he already filled his bag and is pumping for his sell.

2 Likes

What is your source that it is a Saudi Prince? If find this: Cryptocurrency Broker Client Reportedly Aims to Acquire 25% of All Bitcoin Supply.
But also that Bitcoin is Illegal in Saudi Arabia and that at least 1 of the princes criticized Bitcoin.
Maybe Mister Bone Saw (the prince with the power atm) is more of a fan now?

3 Likes

I may have assumed it was a Saudi Prince because you would need access to a Treasury to buy that much BTC. Things are only illegal in the Middle East if others are doing it

2 Likes

Anyone have a buyback price for BTC? 9.4, 8.5, 7.2?

Im hoping for 6 or 6.5, but i sold way to early.

1 Like

I’ve learned a lot this time around, especially about my own psychology but I feel ya. Seemed so overextended so it made it so hard to not jump ship at certain key resistances. I’m not so sure we’ll see that much of a correction though since that’s somewhere around a 50% retrace. Might be too much for the exuberance and fundamentals in this market. On the other hand, we’ve seen clear manipulation so maybe we’ll be surprised yet again.

1 Like

Generalization is not a good idea, but for example Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman certainly seems hypocritical.