Other Coins - Price & Trading topic

Zoki, I’m not sure how to tell you this but I don’t think you got the job.

6 Likes

Some consultant you are her coin outperformed both of yours :joy:

5 Likes

thank god whe have the DOG command. We’re all good!

But just an example why it is important to get rid of all the technical terms at user level

1 Like

Aye I know - but she still thinks I am a genius - Anyway after week1 I had near doubled her money on MAID and ETH and DOGE were up a mere 10-15% So I was flavour of the month straight away - then the wee yappy dug went chasing the moon… and I’m left thinking - I should have put my fee into DOGE, no mair MAID

EDIT: In the long run, MAID will far outperform DOGE and ETH – its just that definitions of “the long run” vary wildly

3 Likes

I think they’re main aim will be to use it as part of a process to remove cash.

2 Likes

I guess handing out £50 to help a mate out or someone in immediate desperate need is going to be a thing of the past - I don’t want to be a link an any transaction chain outside of a supermarket, or any chain actually.

Silver coins are going to become fashionable again.

5 Likes

Copy that… I am out of BTC for almost 10 days, converted everything but MAID into XMR.

3 Likes

What is Litecoin/Dogecoin’s environmental impact? Is it much different from BTC? For some reason I am getting a hunch telling me that it’s way better for the environment, which is based on approximately nothing. Must be the Doge hive mind infection.

1 Like

Hope governments will have the same fate as fiat money… the sooner the better!

2 Likes

And if the new digital money is not tied to anything, like gold, any country can just keep digitally printing the new money just like fiat. But they will know who owns it

3 Likes

https://www.publish0x.com/cryptoinvesting/richard-hearts-pulse-chain-ethereum-fork-will-make-some-folk-xmklmrr

Privacy. Security. Freedom

Premonition? Eth fork inevitable…

4 Likes

With 40k bitcoin and 100k eth, Richard can keep the pulse network alive for quite a long time … He has already proved once that some of the people in the crypto are ok to play in such games - 300k bitcoin claimed free tokens. I think more people will claim their free ERC20 tokens…

And if 1 or 2 legitimate projects migrate to Pulse to save on fees there will be a chance to do something.

1 Like

FB_IMG_1618900064099

3 Likes

Those comparisons might seem bonkers, but frankly we’ve had memes or rather brands with ridiculous valuations since a long time. Why pay a hundred pounds (probably more, I really don’t follow such things) for Adidas trainers that are no different to some a fifth of the price?

All the ‘value’ between two brands for essentially the same product exists only in people’s heads. Almost every consumer product has brands where most of the value is brand based, psychology. It’s why we have advertising and one of the nasty effects it has - distorting values and priorities, and creating inefficiencies and harms on a massive scale (cf. Tobacco, SUV’s as town runabouts etc.)

I forget the history, but think that this was quite intentional when Doge was created, to replicate that effect. TBH it’s the same with bitcoin, most of the value in that very costly, dangerously inefficient and incredibly limited technology is in people’s heads.

4 Likes

Yes but how have the whales managed to get the fiat value where it is?

The same with diamonds which are compressed carbon. I understand DeBeers hit the jackpot with diamonds connecting its appeal to the concept of love. In reality diamonds are plentiful around the globe. In Australia, there was a river bed in the north western area where the Indigenous could collect raw diamonds off the river bed. RIO bought the lease of the area, started the Argyle mine (which recently ceased production) and produced the world’s most expensive pink diamonds.

Marketing must have a part to play in both BTC and Diamonds even though they are of little real value.

2 Likes

I am selling an apartment in Sofia (Bulgaria) to buy from this currency with a strong foundation. Bonus real dog (but not an Akita Inu, but a German Shepherd):

2 Likes

SHIB is in all aspects better than BTC. Wonder why it’s still under 1$.

2 Likes

I didn’t understand, are you getting involved in the bidding for my apartment?

1 Like

Sorry, but I cannot help you with that one. I lost most of my money on Sunday when the market went against my leveraged long on REN. It erased my whole portfolio on Binance.

I guess I was just unlucky this time. SHIB is a safe bet though.

2 Likes