Most wanted APP for the SAFE Network

Right, got it…

…now what?

Lol sorry.

To tell the truth I don’t really understand what I’m trying to do.

But I made my list into its own thread, if that helps

@whiteoutmashups No worries, I’ve edited the OP to include your list so when you want to updated it, just edit the OP. I added a note to the other list post saying it is now in the OP so you could remove the items from that to save confusion, but for now both lists are the same so it’s ok at least until you update one (or both!)

1 Like

Awesome! Thanks!

When it needs edits, I’ll just remember to apply them to both :slight_smile:

Hopefully this helps spur some great projects!!

1 Like

Can we get a maidsafe port of PopcornTime? The source code and subsequent forks are available on github.

http://popcorn-time-free.com/

Also why is my mmorpg game idea not mentioned in the app list?

Oh and another idea I had. You know Jarvis from Iron Man? I was thinking it might be cool to have a digital man (or woman) servant to handle all one’s data. It would basically be a very advanced user interface to one’s SAFE network data and even if it’s not as advanced (at first) as what’s in the movie the concept is what I’m trying to get across. Think about it: SAFE has the potential to handle massive amounts of one’s data so having such a user friendly and admittedly awesome interface to handle it all would be great. Your own personal data management AI of sorts. Which of course you could customize to your heart’s content in whatever way you liked. Male or female, whatever personality you prefer to work with, it would learn your preferences and so forth. And of course since it’s based on SAFE it would be as decentralized and secure as the rest of your data.

1 Like

The recommended version is https://popcorntime.io because as far as I know it’s the only one that’s open source.

I’m personally very interested in seeing a port of Popcorn Time to the SAFE Network :smile:!

2 Likes

Was a SAFE browser on the list? Maybe adapt Breach (as others have suggested) to work with SAFE OS?

This may not be popular on this forum, and it’s not my own most wanted app but anyway I would like to see advertisement services on the network. :blush: Most popup ads are horrible and those 20 second YouTube ads are usually tedious. I’m often a great fan of non-intrusive ads however. And users could be paid safecoins by opting in to have ads. They would not be paid extra for clicking on ads though since that would merely cause a tidal wave of click fraud.

I thought a specific site that is similar to the yellow pages would be useful. Basically an add page that is categorized.

The OP is a Wiki go add it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

What?! It totally is.

It’s called “Decentralised, community-built MMORPG”

Sorry you missed it

Can we get a port of Duolingo or a duolingo clone? Great concept but it would be better on the safe network.

1 Like

Self-moderated services would be nice. The tricky part is how to deal with spam, trolls and illegal content etc. A user voting system could act as an automatic moderation function without the need for people to have to administer and moderate content 24/7.

Moderation for what?

1 Like

Moderation of user-generated content. Just think about how much YouTube must spend on moderating all the videos and comments in lots of languages every day 24/7. If that can be automated then huge decentralized services can easily run on the SAFE network.

So we create an anonymous free network only to put more restrictions on top of that. Riiiiight. Notice I don’t bother worrying about moderation when torrenting stuff. Not everyone cares or even wants to deal with a network that moderates people. Some of us like our freedom. I’d opt for user generated filters rather than community moderation.

1 Like

I was thinking about a video sharing application for example. The videos would be owned by the people themselves. That’s great. The difficulty comes when those videos are shared publicly. I imagine that if I developed an app that would present videos, then I would be responsible for all the content. Or? Take PirateBay for example who doesn’t host any files yet still can be taken down by legal authorities. Wouldn’t there be a similar situation on the SAFE network?

And don’t you think that if you had a video sharing network that “moderated” people the pirates would just fork it and use the unmoderated version instead or simply just develop a network of sharing files directly? Less efficient but it can be done. Also the pirate bay was taken down but they moved to switzerland and reopened. And you can’t take down sites on the maidsafe network because it’s encrypted and decentralized. Notice the reason a lot of people are getting aggrivated with YouTube right now is BECAUSE they keep taking content down because of “copyright infringement” if SAFEtube does that then it won’t be a huge leap for it to be forked and SAFEPirateTube to be created with no moderation controls. People DO NOT WANT their content moderated. They DO NOT WANT to go to their tube site and have the video they’re watching suddenly say “this video has been taken down because the moderator says so.” They do not want to have their content censored in any way shape or form period.

1 Like

Don’t like it don’t use it.

2 Likes

Well yes that’s what I’m saying pretty much and creating moderated services will create demand for unmoderated services. As I said I myself would prefer user filtration to moderation.

1 Like

Sounded more like you were scolding the poor fellow for not sharing your views! also sounded like it went without saying

2 Likes