MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

what do you mean, relax… someone dumped probably to gamble on some pump/dump markets or maybe maidsafe corp. sold some to pay the bills.

You have to be crazy to sell now imo, if you lost hope you should sell 1-2 years ago not now. if you follow the github activity then you will have no doubt we are so close to first testnets and fleming

8 Likes

I smell arbitrage opperchancities

2 Likes

I’m bullish, BTFD

3 Likes

No, we don’t at the moment, but would do everything to avoid price changes if we were selling maid.

19 Likes

I guess someone dumped all their MAID to go all in on Bitcoin SV and they’ll be back next week when Craig Wright can’t find his Bitcoin key after all :smile:

13 Likes

The volume on Bittrex is very high 80k, Chainrift also very high 30k, wonder what is going on. Before Poloniex delisted MAID bittrex was 3k-6k daily volume. It happens sometimes that Maid goes down when BTC goes up but I also have a feeling that volatility still comes from the Poloniex delisting.

2 Likes

Price down-swings volatility = people moving from Poloniex to ChainRift and occasionally selling?

3 Likes

I have to agreed that moving my MAID to cold storage was intimidating. When I finally got to it, I couldn’t believe how easy it was. I did look for how to’s but they did not dispel the seeming difficulty. Now that I’ve done it. I helped 5 others do the same.

6 Likes

Price down or up swings = volatility. We have seen bounces both up and down pretty drastic lately, from one day to the next. As I see it markets don’t like uncertainty. When Poloniex delisted it was sudden and gave uncertainty, there of the volatiltiy, and that it will take awhile before price becomes more stable and normal again. After awhile the market will realise that it is business as usual and that nothing has changed that would affect the value of the project in a negative way.

4 Likes

It appears now that MAID has decoupled from bitcoin to be the only red in a sea of green. Always good to see projects that have zero chance be up 20% for no reason as we remain flat/in regression. The pain is real.

1 Like

I’ve gotta’ say it’s quite infuriating in reality. I’m expected to get quite a big chunk of this investment out for months now, but I keep delaying it, because I know this is going to take over everything one day, it’s 2020 now, everything’s gearing to go up (because why would ANY traditional world systems even f***ing work today, or in even the super near “long-term”?), and am doing everything in my power to not even sell 5-10% if I don’t absolutely have to. What is wrong with this world.

1 Like

the volatility is more tolerable if you are trading on it. I really don’t mind it visiting some low prices so I can recharge my MAID bag after selling some when I was up.

1 Like

It’s not really even about the price, it’s about how these trash projects with no expected outcome ever can somehow get pumped and MAID doesn’t move at all. The only thing we can hope for I guess is a working a product and when that is unveiled that it will have an ever larger buying effect than simply getting pumped with bitcoin.

5 Likes

Nobody trusted blockchain until it was proven, once it was proven countless projects used the new technology and hype to get to heights that are still very unreasonable for some.
We are not blockchain, we are not yet proven.
I think its fairly priced.
Now I’ll go hide before I get murdered.

13 Likes

Well then I’m just impatient and don’t wish to wait any longer to both use the network and see price movement.

6 Likes

I think even with Fleming you are still gonna have to be patient to see the big price movement. Reason being it will still just be our relatively small (but devout!) community. Of course within that group confidence should go up and we will see something… but to go up orders of magnitude is gonna take time to find more users that have not been investing in MAID already anyways.

4 Likes

The only reason that should be true is because it is not based on blockchain. I guess my point is look at all the total garbage that went parabolic simply “just because”. My take is that if it coincides with another bitcoin run and the technology is beginning to get proven out, why would we not see larger increases. You may end up being right but that’s basis for those comments seem to deal in real world fundamentals not “crypto world” absurdity.

4 Likes

well I guess I am kinda agreeing with you and @Josh. We aren’t another blockchain that can piggyback on blockchain stuff generally being hype. We are gonna have to prove this tech is viable, and only then will we get that kind of feeding frenzy on MAID.

4 Likes

In my little dream world once the network is up and running safecoin will rule over all the other coins that will inevitably be built on the network.
I imagine it being the bitcoin of SAFE so it will be king and all SAFE alts trade against it.
Of course not all dreams come true :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

11 Likes

bitcoin was measured in cents at one time. I also dream that this will be a revolutionary new tech, and with the advantage of being first out of the gate will blow up like bitcoin :slight_smile:

That said, bitcoin took years to catch on. People that are like oh man we just gotta make it to Fleming then I am rich are gonna capitulate and sell too early. It’s not just getting it out there, but also getting that critical mass to cause a runaway effect.

4 Likes