MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

Matter of not depending on what data. Privacy matters to companies, especially those handling sensitive data like medical records or $$$ involved. What’s private and what’s not is an interesting question and it varies individually. To have a deeper understanding we can run a poll, result will help @dugcampbell in his marketing effort later.

Definitely. I was at a crypto conference last week, and the word on the streets is that banks are pushing for regulations that would make it illegal for anyone but a bank to sell crypto. In all truth, the conference was chock-full of lawyers, accountants, and bureaucrats all salivating at the mouth at the opportunity to extort rents. It’s ironic; crypto & blockchain arose to decentralize, yet so many parties are inserting themselves as intermediaries to leech profits without really creating any economic (or social) value :roll_eyes:

9 Likes

…and many of those justify their leech act by pointing out crypto does not create any economic or social value besides serving criminals.

I believe that many bankers and politicians are very, very schizophrenic when it comes to crypto. On one hand, they love to regulate and ban stuff. Especially any sign or any trend that threatens to render them obsolete. It’s their greater purpose and self-preservation instinct. On the other hand, they see crypto and they see dough. So much dough. Oh, dough! And ruining something that makes dough goes against another of their powerful instincts. Greed.

I think they actually don’t know what to do. And I think they won’t know what to do for a long long time.

5 Likes

The black market will prove to be a rich seam! :grinning:

This is why mibting/farming needs to be inclusive and distributed. The gate keepers need cutting out of the equation.

3 Likes

Yes. Theoretically, everything could be bought and sold through the safecoin economy, when the network goes live. No more need for banks…

7 Likes

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/videos/2018-02-21/automakers-want-to-use-your-data-video

When i see technologies like these developing i feel Maidsafe needs to step this up. The technology will raise the bar or at the least help educate the needs for privacy. I often get calls from companies promoting their products or services and it worries me how they get my details. Pls pls pls pls pls pls pls pls pls pls pls…we need to Network…No pressure though :grin:

1 Like

I am among the people who are aware of this, but I don’t know if my 15 year old student is. It’s at least possible to use whatsapp in a way that is very different to posting pictures of your kid to your 1000 fb friends.

But I hear what you’re saying, I’m not a fan of whatsapp whatsoever, and SAFE or bust, yeah I’m on board. I was just trying to make the point that we sometimes have this picture that all the kids nowadays are posting every detail of their lives onto snapchat and instagram and etc and soon privacy will be a historical curiosity in underfunded universities, whereas in actual fact there are little pockets of resistance.

I asked him why he isn’t on those apps, and if his friends sometimes annoy him about not being there, and he said it’s not an issue, because most of his friends don’t use social media. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I’m not following it that much but Facebook isn’t that cool anymore, certainly with the younger generation.
This trend is also not new (Facebook → Instagram).

2 Likes

12 posts were split to a new topic: The Third Industrial Revolution: A Radical New Sharing Economy

#TwitterLockout
More than just uncool, they’re biased and conservatives are leaving in hoards for places like Gab and Discord. Internet companies, especially social media, are in for an awakening. Social media has led to a kill_rogue list, whatever that means.

An estimated minimum ~50 million died in Maoist China after political speech was encouraged, lists made, then guns taken. CNN Town Hall last night is not a coincidence. The U.S. 1st, 2nd, and 4th Amendment are the biggest impediments for worldwide digital feudalism. Comms are compromised. We need a SAFE Network ASAP.

5 Likes
1 Like

Removal scheduled from Bittrex for :cry:

1 Like

After bittrex delisting we will be out of 100 in coinmarketcap…

1 Like

Well, it will force a pile of people to liquidate. That much is obvious.

Let’s hope the new, large, non-US exchange will be bittrex’ s loss and our gain.

3 Likes

So. Relisting when the network goes live?
:relaxed: Cheap coins on the way!!!
But, what’s the use of cheap coins if you can’t find a place to buy them.

3 Likes

Guys we need this: We could add maid to bankera exchange - #11 by Lackys

1 Like

Well I for one will be buying a chunk here right before it gets delisted on like the 7th :slight_smile: . Otherwise I will go ahead and start buying on Polo, don’t like em as much and they have a higher withdraw fee but I will deal with it. And I gotta deal with their verification process which is never fun…

1 Like
2 Likes

Spectrocoin with bankera have about 1 million customers already, it will be really big exchange!

2 Likes