MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

All the hype said that futures heralded the massive entrance of institutional investors, but, so far, that just isn’t the case.

…the much-anticipated Bitcoin futures contracts are also being dominated by individual investors.

3 Likes

In Davos, the credit card companies seemed to have gotten together to collectively interfere with Crypto. I don’t know that to be true, but right after Davos, two major CC companies announced they would be forcing any transaction to a known crypto exchange to be treated as a cash advance rather than a normal transaction.

For myself, right about that same time, Coinbase is no longer able to charge to a (completely paid off and often used) card that has been on file with them for years, claiming the transaction is rejected by the cc issuer. (citibank visa) This is a card I used monthly for crypto purchases for years, as it was my main payment method in my coinbase account.

I don’t know how much effect this new escalation by the credit card companies will have, but I bet we notice it.

3 Likes

Well, if it goes all the way and the gates between the IMS and newer systems is sealed off, it has big ramifications for the inherent ‘value’ of Safecoin.

If you cant purchase Safecoin for fiat and you cant cash out, the only practical way to ownership is Farming, Development, Core Dev or ‘Pay the producer’ (which puts that scheme in a different light for the naysayers)

The Safenetwork would have been perfect (no omni scammers) if there was no ICO (wealthy benefactors instead) and everything would be ground zero. Instead we have a big chunk of coins already in existence…and those coins (given network success) become immensely valuable within the Safenetwork economy if the IMS gates are shut.

1 Like

after 4 years ICO, safecoin is nowhere~,what is a joke!

1 Like

From memory you have/had some crazy amount of MAID…

if your unhappy go and sell it for a whopping profit, put into something else and come back with more ammo later on. There your problem is solved and not even a need for a can of Mortein :wink:

3 Likes

Given that nobody else, including Ethereum with billions of dollars of finance behind them & hundreds of available developers, has managed to achieve what the MaidSafe team are aiming for, it’s not a joke - it’s how technology research and development sometimes goes.

Everyone hopes it’ll happen sooner rather than later, but there’s no point getting too frustrated. Irrespective of time taken, if the tech is worth building, keep going until its ready, and this is exactly what MaidSafe are doing.

As @beermenow said - feel free to sell your coins. You could get involved in some shorter term projects based on new applications for existing tech or small advances, rather than those trying to build innovative new tech, which is always unpredictable in terms of timing.

4 Likes

So you can use credit cards to buy equities but not cryptos. Sounds like a conspiracy to me

1 Like

I didn’t read any promise from the team that this coin will moon. All they promise is a safer and more secure internet. Those disappointed are only upset on their own choice. I think it’s okay to sell when faith is no longer there.

Agreed. But Dug did mention those who invested and have been loyal should not be let down. Investors support the project and without that there may not be a project. I think its a fine balancing act and if they deliver everyone benefits.

1 Like

I never understood this. The card is mine. What i choose to buy with it should be my decision. Why does the bank want to dictate that? Who died and made the banks God that they decide what i can or cannot buy?

6 Likes

Agreed. One silly and entirely non sequitur argument I heard was that purchasing crypto with a credit card is tantamount to using a high interest instrument as margin to buy a highly volatile asset; therefore, credit card companies are trying to shield customers from undue risk.

The fact that credit cards have high interest rates is immaterial to the point. Credit cards have limits, and whether people max out their cards buying coffee or crypto doesn’t matter. In fact, it’s better to max out the cards on crypto because at least there’s a chance that the purchased product might actually accrue value.

7 Likes

Unfortunately and i would like to stress unfortunately…its a world that lives on short term gains. No one ever tried to find out how many years it took Satoshi (or the team) to develop bitcoin. For all we know it could have taken years. People have tuned to picking up on hype and making short term gains or losses and they try to cover these losses then. I always say this…when the tide disappears we will know who was swimming naked. But having said that i do hope the team does not take another 4 years to launch. The world needs the change that it will bring and the technology has been in need for a while. The tech needs to be delivered before privacy becomes something of the past.

15 Likes

^^^This is actually about the only thing that has me worried when it comes to MAID.

That privacy issue may soon become one of those platitudes regurgitated by old folks who lost it a long time ago. Just another lost cause.

We’ll have the first generation raised by FB and Instagram growing up before long. How many of them care or will care about privacy?

If government and corporations and army and intelligence agencies know everything about everyone, what do I care what the hell do they know about me? I know they know it all. And for all I know, they might be about the only people who actually care, LOL.

There will still be people and groups pushing the privacy issue though, and it will come and go in circles. And there always is this hope… I mean criminals.

3 Likes

Don’t lose hope. I teach a 15 year old French guy English, and he surprised me a few weeks back. I casually assumed he was on fb and said something that implied he was, and he even more casually mentioned that he doesn’t like or use any social media, he just has Whatsapp for keeping in touch with his friends.

P.s. our lesson after that was us reading the extract from the recent Guardian article about MaidSafe :smirk:

3 Likes

24xzwy

2 Likes

Looks like MAID is available on Changelly again?
I have not completed a purchase but it looks good.
Anyone used them lately seems Visa and MasterCard accepted too.

3 Likes

Yeah right. That’s exactly the sort of behaviour I associate with credit card companies. I had a friend who was massively in debt a few years ago and every day a new card offer would come through the door.

They see a future defined by cryptos and they see themselves losing out as a consequence so they are trying to slow things down while they work out how to respond. No doubt they are being supported in this stance by various authorities too.

1 Like

The SAFE Net will offer far more than just privacy: from a new decentralized economy every one can share in, to protecting an uncensored history, autonomous cars, and far beyond.

Edit: not to mention scalability :v:

7 Likes

The credit card companies are only trying to protect their profits and stop a competitor. I’m not saying it’s right in the least.

it blows me away how many people say this here in Asia

Does nobody realize facebook owns whatsapp??

I’m always amazed ppl think there’s a difference.

There’s truly nowhere to hide… :cry:

SAFE or bust

5 Likes