MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

Good to see the new Upbit getting some volume and at a decent price too.

7 Likes

Found another gem today

6 Likes

Dear Sir,

Please give me enough money to buy a new mouse. I looked at the information you lead me to and completely knackered my scroll wheel looking at the derivatives. Are you a scam artist? (I’m joking) :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6 Likes

Derivatives and all debt based things on that list make no sense.

Crypto does. Asset-based instead of debt. No inflation. Lots of room to grow.

Hodl :slight_smile: strong hands win

4 Likes

Generally debt based assets that have been created for productive purposes and lent to credit worthy people make a lot of sense to me (including much fiat currency, bonds, shares, and some derivatives).

Not all debt based assets fit that bill & there’s a lot of nonsense (like was shown in 2008 with nonsense mortgage debt products), but debt per-se can be, and is very helpful. It has been transformative to the pace of human progress in the past decades & couple of centuries & without it I doubt technology would have progressed at the rate it has or levels of human poverty dropped as fast (though perhaps we’d have found another way).

Crypto assets could create more of the sensible debt, via platforms like SALT lending, and bring further accountability to prevent bad / nonsense debt product from going undetected due to idiots who issue & trade them losing track of underlying assets.

This can break the monopoly banks have on creating debt backed money, and the new money can have far fewer restrictions, at the same time as far greater accountability & transparency where required.

There’s also greater potential for crypto currencies & assets than they’ve currently achieved, so the future will very likely be bright for them.

4 Likes

Bittrex get brutal reviews over at trustpilot for not allowing a significant number of people to withdraw crypto in addition to long periods without any support response for panicking customers with frozen funds. A cursory search on them turns up pages and pages of the same complaint. Seems risky.

This occurred as part of the long announced removal of legacy accounts. The people had to give ID. Its a problem of the regulations of USA more than being doggy. And Poloniex is the next one doing it too, so expect the howls from their legacy users

Most exchanges have had support problems over the last 6-9 months.

4 Likes

Credit worthy in what sense? Do you mean the average Joe who makes enough money to never quite pay off his credit cards, and thus always be a slave to his holiday cycle and consumer addictions? Debt might be great for those who understand how to use it, but most do not, and become slaves of it, which I think is what central banks love.

Debt is good if it increases your net worth or has future value. If it doesn’t do that and you don’t have cash to pay for it, it’s bad debt.

Sadly seeing that most people are in the latter category, debt is just another form of control.

6 Likes

Credit worthy in the sense that they can quite comfortably afford to make repayments and understand what taking on debt entails & its potential pitfalls.

Apparently in the UK 16.1% of the population have ‘problem debt’, which is terrible & should be tackled, but is far from ‘most people’ - 83.9% don’t have problem debt. Most people are either borrowing responsibly, or not borrowing at all.

I’m not for banning debt because some abuse it, but I am for innovations that enable good debt and discourage bad debt. I think well designed non-bank, non-government lending products may have a role in helping to achieving this, so that in the future fewer people get into debt problems, or can find ways out of existing problems.

Can you give any examples of ‘control’ that lenders have over debtors other than demanding re-payments?

Anyway, this is very off topic now - apologies!

1 Like

“Good”
“Debt”
Uh…

Anyway really hope the price goes up soon. It’s like the whole biggest-crypto-boom-ever-recorded never even happened for MAID. Was around 40 or 45 or 50 cents before, and now only 67. Ludicrous! Feels like a hundred other projects have tons more value increase than that.

2 Likes

Kill me, but I love it. Shows that MAID stands and falls with what it has to offer; not riding anyone’s coattail. It also allows me to get preloaded. It’s not a problem. It’s an opportunity.

5 Likes

I just don’t like it because it makes people have a false notion of the project and think that it’s unproven.
Is this project deserving of its "unproven" status? Feels like nobody considers MAID part of crypto, just because it’s not block chain, let alone its being provable.

Maidsafecoin has had a 8-10x rise per year for the last 2 years. Not too shabby! It is a slow burner! :slight_smile:

The real test was the wilderness of 2014 and 2015… pretty much side ways for 18m.

3 Likes

I just woke up from a dream. MAID was $1,000.

10 Likes

Wasn’t a dream, you just time travelled to 2025 :smile:

1 Like

Not even bro. It was this year :wink:

2 Likes

Well, if Bitcoin does get to $50K this year, that would leave BTC with a market cap of ~$750B. If the Maidsafe team surprised us all, and I don’t know, hit beta by midyear and went live on, say, new year’s eve (I know, I know, crazy aggressive, but suspend disbelief for a moment), then–at a price of $1000 per coin–the market cap for MAID (or more aptly, Safecoin) could be ~$450B on 12/31/18. That would be about 60% of BTC’s market cap. Do recall back in June 2017 when the flippening almost happened between BTC and ETH. A girl can dream… :smile:

8 Likes

Quadruple bottom here around the 5800 satoshi level… strong support. This is a good entry level for a move to 6800.

1 Like

I’m on board with this dream, but I think a few post-beta milestones have to be met, e.g. key partnerships, widespread community development, education of the blockchain-biased world, and just time itself for testing attack vectors and people to feel comfortable with further adoption. Certainly, having actual safecoin is a seal of approval. The whole intermediate Omni layer token is a pretty huge impediment IMO.

9 Likes

Yes I agree. For me it’s really easy to convince people of buying MAID, But then the problem begins…No easy exchange, explain that MAID is not the real safecoin, Omnilayer…no one understands and they back off.

Maybe we should launch a new ICO ;-), swap MAID for this new coin. Give the coin a decent name (sorry maid). ICO’s are hot, we got a better coin, and a lot of attention! win-win maybe?

2 Likes