MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

Personally, I chose not to see the money I put in MAID as an investment anymore. Sure, it still is in a way, but to me now…it’s more like buying a house that’s still under construction. I already paid for it and I tend to use it and live in it when it’s finished. If my house becomes 100x more worth before construction is finished, then sure, I might be tempted to sell it.

If not, then I can still use my house as intended, and I’ll probably enjoy it the way I imagined when I paid for it.

9 Likes

It’s politics. Banker buy crypto with wall and sell before and during crash. Most of banker’s don’t like crypto. Gouvernment and banker will have what they want. A regulation with possibility to control the business or distroy it.

Remember the people who lost her house because the interrest of the bank raise month after month finally make thousand and thousand homeless… Now they care about people who invest in crypto and said it’s dangerous did not invest you can loose all your money!!

I like the project maidsafe because it give to us the possibility to be free + secure storage “maidsafefree”
Hope it will be happen soon. For instance we are under radar but when it will be online hope nobody said you have to close now.

1 Like

A house will most certainly be built. Whether the Safe Network will ever launch is not that sure.

Lol, one out with the bitconnect scam :joy:

10 Likes

I bought my MAID with the intention to hold and convert to SAFEcoin to utilise on the SAFE network. Its nice to look at the prices and be amazed at its current “price”. But at the end of the day the value in the coin for me is that I can use it to buy resources on the network.

Mind you at the time I thought that we’d have the network by now, but I have learned a lot since then and realised the true scope of the project and am happy to wait now.

7 Likes

It will be impossible for safecoin to be worthless, it can never be ZERO.
As long as there is a network up and running, and services exist - you will get something for
your coin.

NO other coin out there right now has this.

Those poor bitconnect holders, what can they use their coins for?

3 Likes

Yeah I know what you mean. At least with the USI Tech ponzi MLM, you can use their white paper for their Tech Coin for a practical use. It comes with perforations

5 Likes

Can someone explain how a coin that just scammed its entire user base out of their savings has a bigger market cap than Maidsafe? I mean it’s actually quite comical how this market works.

5 Likes

Which coin is this…?

The coin is Bitconnect

Easy Peasy…G R E E D :wink:

2 Likes

Easy way to explain away all logical paradoxes: Safecoin/its consensus doesn’t exist yet.
…And neither does Bitconnect! (I actually don’t know anything about it, other than it’s complete nonsense.)
But even the prospect of the fact of Bitconnect merely relating to a technology called “Blockchain”, an existing and proven device, is somehow used as an excuse as to why MAID is lower than x y or z coin.

Or there is literally no reason. There’s also pure pointlessness, greed, fluff, 100% marketing, all of which can inflate a price to great highs. The era of such happenings is pretty much over compared to years ago when XCoin etc. existed – but if you look at Bitconnect, it’s like some kind of insane revival of that bastard era.

MAID has pretty much told the world, through its struggles over the years, that its merits are purely development-based, utterly refusing any sort of hyperinflation of ego and market until the design is good and ready for it. To the point where I feel like investors almost feel bad about pushing it up too greatly. (But at the same time I encourage them to do it anyway, lol. More funds for R&D, higher placement in the CMC listings to indicate its behind-the-scenes seriousness. The stuff I say about struggles could very well reverse at any time, if it felt like it… I guess not too extremely, though, until Beta, etc. Heck, the next update may bring some more anticipatory news.)

8 Likes

Does anyone look at / follow the different exchanges? HitBTC always seems to be trading lower by a significant %. Below snapshot shows a difference of ~10%. Does anyone know why?

I would expect this to occur every now and then due to the difficultly to take advantage of arbitrage due to BTC price movement and fees to move money between exchanges, but from watching it over the last few months it is consistently lower than Bittrex and Poloniex.

Exactly everything @Antifragile just said. Hoping that HitBTC will get cleaned up…till then: avoid, avoid, avoid :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I couldn’t help myself and sent some ltc to hitBTC it took several days for the transfer to show in my account. The trades go through as expected. However, I have not try to send MAID out of there…I heard the fees are insane. I will check next time i am in there.

2 Likes

I recently recommended investing a small amount into MaidSafeCoin to a non technical friend wanting to dip their toes into crypto investing. They went off and did some research and i was suprised when they came back with a dubious list of exchanges to buy at as listed here:
https://www.investinblockchain.com/what-is-maidsafe/
(Bittrex, HitBTC, LiveCoin, Curex)
No mention of the biggest: poloniex. Just thought I would mention it as there may be a rise in misleading information getting high ranks in the search results.

I usually always leave a tab open on this topic as it gets way less (distracting) updates than the main page but still gives alerts when something big and interesting is happening. Great topic thanks everyone!

2 Likes

Although I agree with the other ones, I wouldn’t write Bittrex off as a dubious exchange. Only two days ago I bought some MAID there during the dip, withdrawals were approved without a problem with a fee of 2 MAID. I have done quite some trading there and never had a problem, or maybe I’m just one of the lucky few if all of you would have encountered some dubious sh*t going on there :thinking:

11 Likes

Agreed

Bittrex and poloniex are the reliable ones compared to the others.

8 Likes

At this point I have read negative things about virtually every major exchange. I went to Poloniex first but they wanted my SSN on signup. I then tried out HitBTC, transfered bitcoin in (which took about 5 minutes), and was able to buy MAID anonymously. I cannot comment on withdrawal fees just yet as “technical maintenance” is preventing withdrawal.