I had no problem with any exchange of the 3 or 4 made
One of these exchanges was the sale of BTC to buy Maidsafecoin, everything was fast and smoothly, the exchange did it directly from my trezor, Segwit addresses that start at 3 everything went well, I think I remember with 0 commissions, currently very low.
Remember guys when the network is live or post fleming dont sell your holdings cheap, let them non believer pay the price for being impatient. Alex Fortin predicted 600$ per coin , we might get there even if the network is user by a fraction of the world to begin with.
Now that Chainrift closes… where do I move my MAID (as a european)? I moved them from Poloniex not so long ago to chainrift, now they close too… It’s getting quite nerve wrecking to have to move them constantly…
@Tilmann_Beyme If you are not trading them then you really should have them in your own wallet. eg a paper wallet and keep them there till either you want to trade them or during the exchange for safecoin.
Just to note the abc, that you should only put coins to exchange when buying and selling. Hold them on a BTC address that is Omni compatible. Omniwallet is useful but always know your private key… on exchanges you are liable to third parties.
+1, not sure why anyone would leave money on an exchange. It’s the easiest way to get hacked or scammed. So many scammy exchanges out there. Leaving anything on them is tempting fate. Get your money in and out as quickly as possible!!
depends how you trade. If you are daytrading you kinda want to have a little kitty there always. Although even then it’s wise to keep your main stash separate. If you just buy and HODL though there is no question… do those buys then move it to a wallet. Exchanges are not like crypto bank accounts!
I understand that the price of MAID isn’t the point of this project, but not being on a reputable, high volume exchange is going to be a missed opportunity in the next 8 months. The potential of increasing MAID value during the next BTC run outside of major markets is small. There seems to be hesitation in pushing MAID onto exchanges before SAFEcoin comes into existence. But again, for the teams financial position, another BTC bull run is a looming opportunity for all alts - one that should be planned for.
if it was me I would be unloading that loaned MAID ASAP on trex. Or at least whatever is needed for a very long runway well past Fleming. This is a very weak link in the chain now having only 1 exchange. I think it is best for the company to remove themselves from the risk of anything going wrong there.
All depends on liquidity, they can’t dump on folks if there isn’t heavy buys coming in. I think it best they dump time to time when the price looks appealing. Ideally + $.10 cent USD range seems to be where we set the baseline to figure out runway. Obviously if we see runs up to $1.00+ again I hope they be a little more liberal with their dumping if we have that kinda growth again haha.
not at all. Just saying from their perspective if something happens with this one last market for MAID there is no real way to fund the project. MAID is a respectable price and BTC is sky high. This is the time to say ok thank you for all that extra runway and exit.
That said, of course I would love to buy some cheap if they really push the price down
I always have have a filter for reading comments from day-traders which have alot to gain from short term changes in the market, you should see inside my head it is like an auto correct on a phone.
But for the discussion I think price is too low, we also have HitBTC, close to Fleming and Maidsafe probably sells in chunks not to affect the market and selling so they make it to Fleming, then price goes up and they can sell more for long runway.
One or more of the weekly updates randomly might spur investor interest. Not sure what kind of update… or when. But there must be some kind of force being expected to be had, that basically is the epitome of an increase with regard to this project. Whatever that force is must be called forth before a renewed increase happens—even if it goes back down again from possible unexpected error/flub. That plus liquidity would provide dev selling confidence. Anyway just spilling my thoughts.
selling in chunks is fine as long as you have a market to go to every so often. Right now that situation is perilous. I don’t think it’s worth risking the whole project for some maybe crypto gains. When you have 2 or 3 good exchanges you can at least say well they won’t all go down at once. Now we are down to 1 or 2 (if you count HitBit as a major exchange.) At some point you gotta say this is to risky for what I am doing. But I guess in the end it’s up to them what they want to do.