MaidSafeCoin (MAID & eMAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 2)

Well if the didn’t provide value and help us to launch and beyond they would not be there, it’s a bit obvious.

I suspect trolling at this stage to be honest. I am gonna stop feeding him now.

2 Likes

Maybe someone frustrated David. Its ok. You and the team need to focus. As you said. Launch is priority. :pray: trolls are just entertaining :joy:

5 Likes

This has and still is a research project. There is no guarantee of success and they have and continue to try their best to deliver a network so this project can grow from the seed of a well engineered product. It once again is sounding like we are getting close from what David is putting out on a basic version of the network, I will stay reserved as those kinda statements haven’t really panned out in the past haha, but I will forever stay positive as any other emotion would just be a waste of time and benefits no one. If you want a low risk project just DCA Ethereum and live like a king in 5 years. As for me I have enough risk appetite to support this crazy network idea and because the world needs products like this to avoid total censorship and control.

9 Likes

:grin::grin::grin:

Don’t get me betting against Mark again.

3 Likes

Oh no don’t bet :smiley: we need to smoke test this :face_with_monocle:

6 Likes

No buying or selling for those in the US. Those that hold MAID are a captive audience.
Hopefully with full Beta in six weeks we will see exchanges in the US pick up MAID so there is choice.

2 Likes

I have market access being in the US due to friends within this forum, which is a pain slightly to have to coordinate such transfers but the SAFE community helps one another and it is appreciated.

4 Likes

How does that work tax wise?
Are there any legal issues with transmitting money overseas for purchase?
For selling, how does it legally and tax wise work if I receive money from overseas for selling?
How is this officially recorded for the tax man and gov.?
Are there limits on the amount transferred in either direction?
What are the laws covering this?

2 Likes

Well, whoever gave such access is obviously risking his account, because the exchange does not allow you to trade on behalf of others. Also, the individual most likely owes taxes only if he trades crypto to fiat, so most likely trading is only crypto to crypto.

3 Likes

US requires taxes between crypto, also. There are some countries where it is only if converting to fiat.

2 Likes

Yes, Bulgaria is such a country. So if such trading is done by a person with an account from such a country he does not owe tax. Of course, the person who receives the crypto off-exchange owes tax but only if he withdraws the crypto to fiat or other crypto. However, most currencies are pseudo-anonymous, no one knows whether the addresses are for a person in the United States or elsewhere.

2 Likes

I read a few moths ago that Puerto Rico offers the best tax regulations for US residents. I believe it was only 6 months to establish residency.

I’m not necessarily saying anything good or bad to get anyone anymore fired up but can you imagine with all the exchanges and technology that exists today, that in order to trade a certain crypto as a US resident you have send your buddy a wire or a WU money order, or something so that they can trade it for you? I go back and forth a lot on what should be concentrated on here, but it does boarder on absurd that we are at this place in relation to access.

2 Likes

I am more in the boat of thinking best practice would be having a network created before the token gets issued(btc, eth) to avoid the conversion and issues around focus. But that’s how you can avoid the situation we are in. Kinda hard to do though unless some code wizard spends all their free time building out a v1 alone in spare time prior to ever announcing it to the world like Satoshi did.

Hopefully. It is unfortunate there is no exchange in the US. I was very happy using poloniex until they delisted. Hope there is an exchange before beta :pray:

1 Like

It looks like you know it all so please do :+1:

2 Likes

With all these discussion here lately and people questioning David’s choices I feel the need to say the following:

I’ve been around here long enough to know that David (and the rest of the team for that matter) has the networks best interest at heart.

We all care about the price of MAID, and as tempting as it is to shift focus from launching the network to increasing the value of MAID with marketing or listings, it wouldn’t have been sustainable. If it wasn’t for David’s ultimate desire to launch this network, it probably wouldn’t even exist anymore.

I couldn’t wish for a better team to get the job done than the one we have right now. I respect David for his integrity, communication and everything he has done and sacrificed for the project so far. I truly wish some of you guys here would show some respect too.

21 Likes

I always see people buying in the forum. A little here and there. It is possible to try and sell to the community.

Or someone who has access to an exchange cam help to sell and send the btc. But that requires you to know the person or someone credible. Someone who has been in the forum many years.

Just a few ideas. They aint perfect. :pray:

I wonder if, no matter how incredible and rewarding the technical aspect of ERC20, the commotion that would inevitably cause a ruckus, be it good or bad, will turn ultimately bad by the sheer volume of its existence. ONLY because it’d, well, deter from engineering development, as well as get the wrong types of crowds involved too early, which unconsciously deters things even further or at least makes it a stronger force to reckon with.

I truly don’t know anything about ERC20, because I’m one of those “sheep” followers of this project since 2014 who has an almost illogical uncaring towards the crazy top cryptos—so I don’t know if it makes it easier to get onto a DEX-like environment. One thing abundantly clear is how many traditional exchanges had listed MAID and ultimately turned into absolute flops. Every single one of them, besides HitBTC and Bittrex now. So there’s literally no more to be said, there.

Therein lies the problem: if ERC20 allows MAID to get on an exchange that doesn’t absolutely belly up basically instantly, then that’s quite a big damn focus change to ensure a hell of a lot of everything remains as calm as it is now sans the ***lords trolling.

5 Likes

I wonder what it costs to be listed on 30 exchanges. I don’t have any idea. Does anybody?

1 Like