MaidSafeCoin (MAID & eMAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 2)

8 posts were merged into an existing topic: Other Coins - Price & Trading topic

13 posts were split to a new topic: Safe Computation & Plugins

How is it “absolute and unarguable”?

Does no-one on here have the balls to point out how crooked and flawed and utterly dumb that is?

I mean, you’ve just spent an entire day writing walls of text leading to nothing. Wouldn’t it be better to try find out how to get us on a reputable exchange instead of writing essays on why we can’t and how that would slow down launch?

What’s slowing down launch in this context anyway? The launch is a fairytale, David. It’s a freaking unknown. No timescales when it suits you, but close when it please. And potentially slowed down by anything anyone asks you for.

EVER.

Landing on a reputable exchange could as well save this project from falling down the drain pipe it’s been sliding down for years. How does gaining more notoriety slow this project down?

BS excuses, David.

All BS aside (and as always, there’s plenty), that’s quite a revelation! Because I have never got the impression you felt limited by OMNI token in any way. I thought OMNI token was always fine. I mean, it took a dedicated community member taking matters into their own hands to get even remotely close to erc-20, because, just like with centralized exchange, all you could come up with were excuses why it can’t be accomplished / should not be attempted, and why chasing that, attention please!, slows down launch.

But you know? OMNI was actually part of the problem. In the bigger picture we fail to see?

Now what the hell did you do to solve that problem, ever?

Wake up, people. If you believe this Mr. We-cannot-because- will ever, I mean ever, complete this project, you need a reality rehab. In the end, if anything gets completed, it will be a community effort following David’s ultimate excuse why he couldn’t.

If anyone is serious about it, fork it, throw together your own dev team and save it from Mr. Excuse.

We should have never given him more money when he failed. We should have just done it ourselves. In the end, that’s what we will have to do anyway.

The risk of investing in this project has significantly been reduced. That this is not recognized by the market price is an opportunity. Not a problem! Let the crypto world have its Bullrun and let the team have 100% focus on delivering a Live Network. The potential upside is huge. I predict +10 dollars this year. What is the community’s price prediction for 2021?

3 Likes

Check the denial army:

Ouch. Show some respect, dude. MaidSafe used to have a diverse team of engineers and administrative folks but as it turns out that did, indeed, slow things down so they pivoted to a team almost exclusively of engineers. That was a bold move and, no doubt, ruffled some feathers, but that’s what leaders do, they adjust, recalibrate and make the tough decisions. Patience, my man.

6 Likes

Slowed things down by what measure? In respect to what?

Because David used this excuse to justify his utter failure, surely the bigger team was at fault? So now that it’s fewer devs left, surely the should-have-happened-seven-years-ago launch is almost underway?

We all need something to cling to I suppose, but hey, I’m not buying his BS anymore. Critics have been right all along.

I’m not sure my man @Johnny_Ou should have gone straight savage on the entire project and team but it’s obvious many people are getting thin with patience. I regularly (and sometimes openly) oscillate between patience and desire for completion. I’m sure you can find times on this forum where I have contradicted myself from one day to the next. With that being said, he does bring up one valid point that has been the case for a very long time. Criticizing the timeline, road bumps that nearly derailed the project, potential flaws in funding and similar things are avoided at all costs, even from a constructive criticism aspect, as not to cause mental damage to development. I’m not sure what can be done to change any of that, I think what was written was a bit harsh but some of it truthful in nature.

2 Likes

It’s not dumb. If you’re unhappy with how the project is progressing then just sell your MAID and bid adieu. Trying to get MAID on another centralized exchange is a bad idea and waste of time.

I agree that it is not wise, but disagree that it is worth looking into. I was trying to push the enthusiasm towards app development. After Safe, every other blockchain project will go the way of the dinosaur. Increasing the complexity for those reasons is not worth it when the app layer can handle the functionality. There is a client api that any other project can use to integrate themselves with Safe in a safe manner that doesn’t tweak the nodes.

3 Likes

Yes! You are utterly dumb!!! All the value of this project is about delivering a live network. Short-term profits from trading are not!

1 Like

Haha. No, I’m plenty of things, but most definitely not dumb. That’s why I see that if the whole value of this project is about delivering the live network, this project is worthless, because all it delivers is promises it will deliver unless we want anything from it.

Ah, the good ole get in or get out. Free and secure access for everyone. Except it’s not that free, it’s securely unaccessible, and not quite for everyone.

The fun part about this approach is the level of denial this requires. If everyone genuinely unhappy with this project were to sell their maid and leave, there would be no-one but you and happybeing left on here in a couple of days. So happybeing only… the day after.

Don’t you dare! We’re building the new internet that can’t be censored, but we feel it’s our duty now to censor a couple of troublemakers on the way.

1 Like

Obviously troll is obvious. Hope you’re having fun!

5 Likes

Excuse me, I take cum very seriously.

2 Likes

I should have added obvious. If you think for a millisecond it’s not gonna take managers time, admin time, lawyers time etc. then you are pretty ill informed. I see your trolling though so probably does not matter, have a happy time doing what you do dude.

3 Likes

For 7 years as I have been in the crypto world, I have collected over 100 coins. I have many, many dead coins. Many of them were schemes to make money for their creators, but others were real projects that just failed. Everything in the crypto is just insecure. So invest only money that you are ready to lose and without which you will sleep peacefully. There is no point in losing your health for money…

4 Likes

You sound like you may be dangerously over-invested. Sorry about that. Hope you are OK :kissing_heart::kissing_heart:

4 Likes

Do shout it helps us and you at the same time. It’s certainly stable enough to poke around and play with, set up local networks to test etc. For our end to end testing we do that, run up a section and run client tests, add more nodes to split the section and poke around. Just on Thursday reward flows kicked in so you may see payouts happening (branch to be merged, could happen over weekend on early next week).

So we are at smoke test here, a perfect time to jump in.

12 Likes

Whats keeping you here? If you are not happy sell and move on. Why bother

4 Likes