MaidSafeCoin (MAID & eMAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 2)

On my chart it debuted at twice that! $120! Crazy stuff. I would like to see steady moves up, not a nose dive off a cliff :joy: so sustainable growth would be preferred.

1 Like

I think it’s hard to say given how little of Maid’s circulating supply actually circulates. I think another way of asking your question is: what do I think a reasonable market cap would be? In terms of market cap (and I’m going to assume we’ll be in peak bull market), then I don’t see why a market cap of $80 to $110 B is impossible. Particularly, if Bitcoin has a market cap of about or above $1 T at the next peak.

For context here’s a comparison against the top 10 at the 2017/18 bull run’s peak:

-10. IOTA: ~$15 B (because Tangle sounded cool)
-9. Stellar: ~$16 B (because like XRP but less icky…)
-8. TRON: ~$17 B (because hype and the promise of dApps pays)
-7. NEM: ~$18 B (because they supposedly have an ecosystem of platforms, but honestly, your guess is as good as mine)
-6. Litecoin: ~$19 B (because they were supposed to be silver to Bitcoin’s gold, or some such)
-5. Cardano: ~$34 B (with no working product)
-4. BCH: ~$67 B (because of a questionable fork)
-3. Ethereum: ~$135 B (because of the ICO craze and crypto kitties)
-2. XRP: ~$145 B (because supposedly a bunch of banks were going to use it or something…)
-1. Bitcoin: $330 B (because The OG)

Largely, speaking, there’s no reason why many of those coins had the market caps that they did from a practical, usability standpoint. Plus, we should also factor in that this next bull run will largely see the top 10 peak with much higher market caps.

I think Coin Market Cap shows the initial price around $60, but I honestly thought it was around $120 too. Totally agree that I’d rather see steady, sustainable growth. Markets are capricious though. Even highly anticipated IPOs often see a dip sooner after launch before climbing higher. Hopefully, Safe will be different. :smile:

16 Likes

I love these :joy: and my god how ridiculously true. Once you’ve been around the block it really is humorous (amongst other things) that some of these projects had the market cap they did and that ranking. Puts things into perspective for sure. It helps to see your projections are feasible.

8 Likes

I had forget where some of those caps were and how absurd the projects were at that point in time.That’s was a nice refresher haha. I kind of like the cardano comp. the best for a base level which with current supply puts a $75 mark on it. I was just trying to get a feel for filecoin as well. I still believe we are much higher numbers but I guess time will tell.

5 Likes

If thats the case the price would skyrocket :grimacing:

Depends. In many markets USD20 is a lot. Maybe USD5 may drive more people to buy🤷🏼‍♂️

1 Like

I had forgotten how big those altcoin numbers got! It really does put things in perspective.

Whenever talking about caps, we must consider that bitcoin is likely to go up by many multiples, likely dragging the rest of the market up with it.

If maid only manages to get back up to that BTC price of the crowd sale, we should be expecting at least 10-20x USD and that is probably conservative. If the team really start delivering the goods and the crypto fans love it, heading up to peak BTC price would seem likely. 30-50x would seem plausible then. Who knows beyond? 100x or more?

Of course, its early days still. We don’t have the test net yet and even when that arrives, we will be at the start of the next phase of development. The end of the beginning, but only the beginning of getting something production ready.

6 Likes

Saturday dose of skepticism.

Regarding 2018…

Projects that had apt marketing and/or had been started just long enough for people not to realize it would take a lot of time or that it was not that good of an idea to begin with shot up really, really high, in part thanks to the fact a mass was getting in crypto for the first time and part of the mass was just undergoing the “altcoins are actually superior”, partly factually correct, financially entirely foolish period, or they haphazardly hoped one of them coins would somehow catch up with bitcoin sometime soon.

So many people could be shilled so much nonsense as so many people were so green and so greedy. That is the reason the top ten was so padded, although some of those projects have always been fishy to say the least.

By then, our momentum had long worn off and we were steamrolled by much more developed hype monsters. That is why we barely scratched the dollar checkpoint. And it did not matter that our goal was even better sounding than the goal of those other useless projects behind those other useless coins. And it still does not and it will not again, unless we deliver it.

If the ICO had taken place in the latter part of 2017, who knows where the price would have been in early 2018. But it was not. And in our case, big words and big promises will not ever work again, just like they did not by 2018. When people stop naively believing the great, world-changing, all-industries disrupting thing will launch in a couple of months, and once the team does not deliver as promised enough times, most of the green enthusiasm wanes and skepticism settles in. Uncomfortable questions arise. Plus the stench of suspicion maybe we got screwed.

I actually helped one guy retrieve his plentiful ICO maid so he can buy… Pillar… Even after many years in crypto, thanks to the marketing, he thought David Siegel would become the Steve Jobs of crypto, that Pillar would reach 100USD by the end of 2018, and he stuffed his cold storage full with that nonsense token (he chose over us). A nonsense token that still peaked higher than us because it was fresher.

Then they did not deliver. Then people did not like what they delivered, and although they have a decent looking wallet with an exchange implemented, the useless token remains a useless token, and it is basically worthless. So worthless, David the next Steve Jobs Siegel coped out by trying to pull Satoshi. You know, saying something to the effect of “oh I finished my job with Pillar. The project is in good hands and for me, time has come to move on.”

HAHA.

But it shows, if you disappoint once, your product had better be top-f*cking notch, or the once-enthusiastic crowd may not come back, and, in truth, they might not come back either way.

The fun part is, we have not covered that much ground in terms of a usable product since then. We still have nothing to use. AND some of the mass that boosted top ten altcoin price back in the day are now bitcoin maximalists, or they got burnt too painfully and quit on crypto as a pyramid scheme altogether.

That is why I am cautious when I catch myself thinking

It may, or it may not. No quick way up there for us anyway. That ship has sailed. And MAID will not get back up there until we launch, if it ever does.

3 Likes

just goes to show how people that do marketing can pump their piece of garbage coin up to the moon. You would think people that got marketed to and then rugpulled (and there are many these days!) would now be more interested in a company that just pays product developers and doesn’t bother with marketing. Anyways we don’t need to wait for a MVP to see a big MAID pump. We just need to go shill the hell out of it. But that’s not really the culture here, so I don’t expect that to happen. We will just have to make do with a few nerds at a time finding a useful computer thingy and buy a small amount. No psycho bulls that mortgage their house to go all in for us :frowning:

I was going to stay out of this game to predict the release price but now I feel the need to counterbalance these other extremely optimistic predictions haha. I am gonna say 1 dollar. That’s still a big move up from where we are now but doesn’t count on suddenly traders go crazy buying it. That is the target for the situation I described above where we gradually have actual users trickle in and buy the small amount they need for their use case.

4 Likes

well at that point ICOs were much more rare. So just the fact there was a crowd sale = good marketing at that time. Sure maybe some super rich people have heard of MAID, but I am sure they have heard of lots of things that might be a good investment. I don’t think they have their ear to the ground for a release rumor of something they were thinking about in 2016. We have lost the mindshare we used to have and I have to doubt it will magically come back because people in this forum are hyped we finally have an MVP. If we want that attention back we have to win it. Just sitting here hoping people will follow a star in the sky to us won’t work.

2 Likes

I for one am glad that the team has never faltered, unlike some/lots of other projects, especially for so long (going on 15 years next year). Gone on some wrong paths, sure. But now most mistakes are learned from. Without that, I wonder if the price would be where it’s at now, and not somewhere in the further-down hundreds of ranks. (Or ironically even higher for weird superficial reasons people love to do w/crypto.)

2 Likes

fact check: people that buy the top are not whales because they lose all their money lol.

1 Like

Well, I know of one who does. But one whale does not make Christmas for everyone. Plus they realize how ridiculously complicated this has been and will be still.

People are impatient AND too optimistic. If it took us years to get even here, how many it takes from here?

A year ago, when I tried to shill this project to a guy who is rich, but not carelessly rich and also old and not too bullish on crypto, and who is overall a very nice, very smart, very decent person, I told him,

“In 2014, it started as a decentralized storage project, but then, later on, they decided to aim big and build a whole new web layer. With all kinds of services and content on it. No authority, no censorship. Just an autonomous network and a whole new digital economy. That was a couple of months later.”

“And now?” was his question.

"And now-- " I kinda mumbled.

“You hope they can put together that storage thing at least, huh?” he figured out. And we had a huge laugh. Because, you know, point taken.

You cannot fool these people with just silver linings. They have seen all kinds of BS and they know… They know their stuff. And they know when people try to fool them or when well-meaning fools actually believe in their nonsense.

So his take is, if there was that decentralized storage thing working properly in the first place, maybe he would buy in on the new web layer promise. Not like this though. Old school. Great guy though.

2 Likes

You are oversimplifying an entire class of people. Within the circles of the rich and wealthy there are people who have different levels of appetite for either being conservative, more risk on and/or have a more speculative side that they allocate attention to. It sounds like the guy you are describing doesn’t have any gamble in him. That’s fine, but you were just talking to the wrong guy.

I think it would be best if you just let me buy your entire supply of MAID so you don’t have to complain anymore about unrealistic goals. You let me know how much you have an I’ll buy it all at 26 cents USD and save you anymore pain.

3 Likes

I think we are in agreement. If this can be successfully shilled we could see some big big growth. I am glad you put in some effort. I to have tried to shill it over the years. I just don’t see a big thrust towards that in our community. Most think “if you build it they will come”

Blabber, not worth it.

@anon28980808—just curious, at what MAID price would you be willing to sell your whole stash today?

1 Like

To satisfy your curiosity, Sotros.

600 bucks a crumble, just for you. One at a time. I will cover the transaction fee of course.

In case you cannot afford it and struggle to find a generous yet gambling whale willing to grab this lifetime opportunity, ask waveman. He knows a whole lot of these people, duh.

no need to be hostile just cause people are not as bullish as you. I see this alot on CT. Its like you are not perma bull on my fav coin so now I don’t like you personally. This seems like a more adult community though, so maybe we can rise above that…But if you do want to be hostile please hostilely buy my MAID for 26 cents and I will go buy back twice as much off the market lol.

1 Like

We will need a Shill Machine. Post MVP / MVE We should really put as much energy and money into Shilling as possible.

3 Likes