MaidSafeCoin (MAID & eMAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 2)

I will happily create volume by selling some of my holdings once the price gets around 2€.

2 Likes

You’re welcome. When I emailed their customer service, they responded within 2 minutes on a couple of replies.

Volume will eventually occur organically when we have many people who are interested in actively trading. For the time being, still too many holding and trying to accumulate a little bit more.

2 Likes

I reuse to trade with any more than ~2% of my holdings in any one deal. Just little trades trying to catch the waves and slowly slowly accumulating.

1 Like

Not sure how I was this dumb, but I was looking for something like Bitquick to sell a minuscule bit of BTC to USD, and an article mentioned Wall Of Coins (scammy!!!)—which all seemed OK up until the point of sending the BTC to the selling address. It confirmed everything on the Blockchain; but their UI didn’t update jack squat, so there was no interactivity/connectivity at all, there. Then I see a whole bunch of horrible reviews. I contacted them digitally, but ain’t expecting much, or anything, so guess I’ll call their number, which will totally work (not)! Don’t use this site. How did I even get to that point? Wow it says they’re based near where I am, too. Absolutely horrible.

I was actually trying to be a bit provocative with my previous reply. I mean that I don’t understand why any level of volume is deemed healthy or unhealthy? And even though trying to provoke an answer, I’m not coming from any particular stance or with hostile attitude. I just honestly don’t understand what is the framework for saying some volume is healthy or not?

I think the lack of volume is because markets have an agreement that very few are willing to buy or sell at these prices. Move the price to either direction and volume appears. I don’t know if this would change by having more exchanges? But I kind of don’t see the point of saying that it is unhealthy that coins don’t exchange hands with any spesific price. But I do agree that wider access for MAID would be good thing, mainly because then we would have backup exchanges in cases of delisting.

I see your point and you’re right that who’s to say what is healthy or unhealthy levels?! But in general it gives an indication of how much interest there is in the project or how people are constantly trying to enter or interact with the market of that asset. Given we don’t have the live network (yet) and most of us are HODLers then it makes sense but apparently HitBTC wash trades and fakes volume so it makes it maybe less likely that an exchange would list for trading fees because there isn’t high demand to acquire, which then makes it harder for anyone interested to get their hands on. So on and so on.

With the upcoming MAIDe I think access will improve and I hope we can all come together to provide some liquidity and maybe set some sell orders we all agree are fair value :grin:

4 Likes

I see, thanks for explaining. Let’s hope for nice testnet, more interested people, more volume, listings etc. :beers:

3 Likes

I think deciding healthy or unhealthy volume is subjective however when someone suggests we need “healthy volume” I always read that as “consistent volume” which at some point is necessary rather then just random spikes and drops.

1 Like

Wouldn’t mind building a poll on what people think is “fair value” for 1 Safe Network Token (SN), represented by MAIDe until then.

Could people share their opinion of fair value for a just live network without a mature app ecosystem. Basically the functionality you see in the UI/UX Maidsafe has provided so far on Figma.

If you could provide reasoning along with your fair value suggestion, even better.

Then we could build a poll around those suggestions.

2 Likes

I will fist suggest anywhere from $20-$85 for a brand new network.

Psychologically I feel $20 seems affordable to purchase and use and also affordable enough to purchase as investment. Even though there is divisibility and PUT cost will likely be cheap, a lot of new investors in this space call Bitcoin “shares” as if it’s a stock and obsess over the full cost of a whole Bitcoin, which is often deterrently high to them. The price of one full SN before Safe has reached network effect should then be a price that seems “valuable” but yet “affordable”.

LINK is only an Oracle service and is at almost $15. The prospect of Safe is far far more than most of not maybe any project currently out there.

For reference, here is the Feature Tracker for the functionality we should have upon a live post beta network.

Would like to hear some technical opinions to a fair value price but I know some things hang in the balance like circulating supply, PUT cost, farming algo/reward maybe.

3 Likes

The interesting point for me is, if what you say is correct, why LINK is where it is and Safe where it is from a price perspective. Is it all in the marketing (spin) cost?

3 Likes

Well there are A LOT of factors I reckon. First it almost seems like an apples to oranges comparison and I brought it up just because LINK has limited scope compared to the Safe Network, you know that obviously. Off the top of my head though Chainlink is live and provides a service that other services depend on for oracle data. Some of those services are high profile or semi high profile and investors see this as validation/approval, so a less risky investment with potentially large upside and room for growth.

There are many reasons an outsider would see the Safe Network at this exact moment a higher risk investment. I don’t myself because of my trust in the team, the transparency and weekly updates. Soon outsiders shouldn’t have to feel skeptical. Even without the minimum viable experience, when the core network is up and stable in home environments then things should start picking up and people should feel more comfortable.

3 Likes

Nothing less than $180-240 at launch (will likely then correct down before resuming growth). Filecoin debuted at ~$60, and I think the Safe Network (due to its broader scope/range of utility, enhanced UX, superior tech, etc.) is worth at least 3-4x that.

In the interim, I honestly can’t see myself letting go of any substantial portion of my holdings below $50. I’m sure, however, if a platform is available to do so, there will be many people who won’t hold till that price level. I just won’t be one of them.

4 Likes

Nevermind this for now. It was a tech error. Still took forever to realize Twitter was the way to go for contact. Either way I’ve not had the best past 2-3 days (except for the MAID price!). We’ll see what happens from here.

Obviously we are all guesstimating but the rate at which the network pays out will surely have an affect on token price.

My haphazard guess is anything between $5 and $10 leading up to launch is possible.

I’ll be honest you guys make me feel like a bear for my prediction now, I felt I was very bullish in my mind until moments ago :rofl:

I certainly hope I am wrong and the two of you will prove me so.

2 Likes

Given BTC took a bit of a dive not too long ago, I’m not surprised other coins (MAID included) dipped too. At time of posting, MAID is still back in the top 100, however.

2 Likes

$10 get us back to the top 10

How do we appropriately factor in that filecoin (from what I can see) currently has 1/10 the circulating supply of tokens?

1 Like

Yeah I’m hoping that either sections can securely hold the supply to be released or they can just create them on demand or as the network grows. That way the whole supply isn’t out there or perceivably so. If the inflation is balanced with network use and growth then it’s proportional and I don’t think an issue. If the whole supply exists in some manner on network start then I can see the perception being that the supply has inflated but unless it’s circulating then it’s not.