MaidSafe rebuilding secure decentralised internet with BnkToTheFuture equity fundraising

The new video looks cool indeed. But is it me: at 0:34 I really hear ‘the trade of illicit drunks’ instead of ‘the trade of illicit drugs’.

I hear “drugs” basically. (Also, cool video…! First to like it on YT page.)

Haha yeah I guess the word could have been pronounced somewhat more clearly, but I think people will know that she means drugs and not drunks. As far as I know there’s not a big market for illicit drunks :joy:

1 Like

Man this new video is how a pitch should be done, this is better than traveling across the world in utraHD virtual reality. :kissing_heart:
MAN THIS VIDEO IS THE BEST EVER!!! sorry for my over enthusiastic behavior, but I just love this latest vid the most. :stuck_out_tongue:

Don’t we also need a letstalkbitcoin article?

3 Likes

Yeah, I invested (but it doesn’t matter so much, I just want the project to succeed). I guess I’ll have to provide my ID when the fundraising completes and I want to claim my shares.

8 Likes

Over 10% of the minimum has now been raised (£100,049), and we’re on “day -1”.

6 Likes

only 5% so far …

The minimum amount needed for the pitch to be a success is half of the target, so we’re 10% towards the minimum and 5% towards the target amount. :grin:

2 Likes

Big thanks to everyone that has invested so far, good to be starting day 1 with £100k!

9 Likes

Maybe it was posted here already, but on this link we can follow the progress:

https://bnktothefuture.com/pitches/maidsafe-net

RAISED SO FAR
€119,503 / €2,365,240

Edit,15 minutes later :slight_smile: :

RAISED SO FAR
€121,726 / €2,365,240

Edit, another 10 minutes later :slight_smile: :

RAISED SO FAR
€137,810 / €2,365,240

(last time I’ll do these edits, go check (and invest!) for yourself now, please… :wink: )

5 Likes

@nicklambert any more press during the equity raise? I was happy to hear it mentioned on crypto show and also Ernest Hancock.

3 Likes

Some bits and pieces, Computing Weekly just [published] (MaidSafe secure internet concept enters testing phase) and we’re waiting on a couple more titles doing the same. Typically the equity raise has been mixed in with descriptions about the technology / alpha release.

5 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic

So anyway, does anyone have some good ideas for pitches on why it’s a good idea for people to invest in this? Like what are some direct reasoning that Maidsafe as a company will have its worth go sky high as a result of The SAFE Net final product being successful? We all know why/how Safecoin itself will go sky high. But is there something about Maidsafe the company that will be up on the world stage in the future?

The critical point

1. Do we have innovation abilities?
  2. What routes to market will we chose?
  3. How well will we execute these?

1 Is possibly easy, 2&3 are the main issues to ponder and figure out from our plans and partnerships how successful that will be or not.

I’m going to shoot from the hip here, I think though some of this is covered in the “investor” page on bank2tf so I’ll check and link after this.
They have the most experience in maintaining and in innovating the software number one.
They can make money off from an enterprise model I believe
They intend to make great apps with excellent features that will earn Dev rewards from users plus from the network not to mention revenue from the network to maintain core code.
There are multiple revenue streams for them, if they are seen as valuable to others to aquire then that should make the value go up plus they could go public someday possibly I think. But I’ll check for that link so there is something more official than things off the dome I’m not 100% about :smile:
Was ninja’d! Oh yeah partnerships too haha

Their business model

2 Likes

Does Simon Dixon invest in all the pitches on the platform or only the awesome ones… I see he invested in MAIDSAFE! !

Edit: I see now he does not invest in all :wink: nice compliment from the CEO of Bank to the Future.

7 Likes

Saw Simon at a conference last year and suggested Bitcoin Capital should invest in MAID. Don’t think I managed to convince him though they would have made a tidy profit :innocent:

3 Likes

Has anyone thought to put the info graphics from the description and investor pages on the the bnk2tf site to Pinterest?? Haven’t checked yet just popped in me head they’d look good there. Also has the Bnk2TF pitch been shared on community Facebook page? @frabrunelle

What happens if the minimum is not met? The whole thing is cancelled?