MaidSafe Loan Opportunity - APPLICATIONS NOW CLOSED!

I appreciate your response, it makes total sense now and provides a clearer picture of your approach. Thanks.

9 Likes

What is the timeframe for transferring tokens for the loan? As usual Iā€™m having to wait for DAYS for omniwallet to start working. Had it running for two days now and in the terminal itā€™s fully synced (edit: not fully I guess, just discovered itā€™s 34 weeks behind still) and reports ā€œOmni Core initialization completedā€ but the qt app is just blank and wonā€™t refresh ā€¦ this happens every time I try to use it (historically) and typically takes a long time before it starts working ā€¦ just wanted to make sure that Iā€™m not up against a deadline here.

3 Likes

I can take his spot if he is not ready :joy:

5 Likes

The email they sent says the following:

We ask that you deposit the number of MAID detailed within your agreement to the address showing in the agreement, which is unique for each applicant, with 7 days.
If you are unable to deposit in that time, we could possibly extend if there are extenuating circumstances, please let us know if this is the case.

3 Likes

oh duh, thanks @Dimitar, I somehow missed that.

3 Likes

You will be fine, I use omni locally as well and understand.

2 Likes

I wonder if the price is up from that 1300 floor because people pledge more then they actually had and are now scrambling to actually buy it lol

Surely easier to use Omniwallet ?.. it works well.

2 Likes

I didnt receive e-mail response from maidsfae team. Is it ongoing ?

Partly itā€™s the QT client for Linux thatā€™s problematic for me - the interface doesnā€™t update/refresh quickly -when I switch workspaces the screen shows the image from the previous workspace within the window of the QT app and takes ages for it to refresh.

Plus itā€™s been super slow going verifying the blockchain data - now at 33 weeks ā€¦ I gained one week in 24 hours ā€¦ I mean WTF!? I feel like something is wrong with it. Iā€™m using the latest version 0.5, so donā€™t get it really.

I used to keep it on omniwalletā€™s shared central wallet (on the net), but then thought cold storage would be a better option ā€¦ kinda regretting it all now.

You should have received it by now. Maybe you didnā€™t get in by the close of the window?

If you applied then you should have got an email. Can you resend so we can check please?

I resend an e-mail ā€œre sendā€ title. Thanks!

1 Like

We will do our best and get back to you.

Yeah - OmniCore is shockingly slow to sync the entire block chain (I think took about 3 weeks from scratch?!). I always keep a backup copy of the chain as if Core crashes or exits forcibly for any reason (power outage, reboot, etc.) it can corrupt the files and you may have to start over. Need to disable antivirus software too or you may discover the random little bit of virus code someone put onto the chain some years back. I have a halfway decent computer dedicated to just running it as it is quite a resource hog. There are places online where you can download the entire block chain, but I never felt too comfortable with that.

4 Likes

Yeah. I have all of the chain - I had actually updated it two months ago - fully. So what itā€™s doing now seems to be just verifying stuff. I think that I ā€˜shouldā€™ be able to send coin now, but until itā€™s done with itā€™s verifying the interface is just sort of locked up and I canā€™t get access it.

It does that sometimes, usually if it didnā€™t exit cleanly. Most times the verification works, but sometimes not. If it takes more than a day for the verify I usually exit out, restore my backup chain, and sync from there. At least it feels like progress is occurring.

Omni Core 0.7 released yesterday

Maybe youā€™d have more luck with the daemon instead of the Qt client? At least until getting syncā€™d up. Might be worth a try if the latest release isnā€™t better

1 Like

doh!

Iā€™m not really sure how to use the CLI with the daemon - I looked around the web but didnā€™t find any tutorials on that - presume can send, receive. Or does the QT client use the daemon if already going? I have the feeling that it doesnā€™t and that if the daemon verifies the blocks and then I open the QT client it will just start over with verifying the blocks. I dunno. If anyone knows where I can find detailed info on how that works Iā€™d be grateful.

At this point Iā€™m a bit concerned that if I shut it down and upgrade, itā€™ll just reset and start over again - back to square one with the same issues.

Hereā€™s what my wallet looks like now!:

Just shows my screen background through the window. If I stare at it for 10 minutes it might show part of the wallet - thatā€™s how I know how many weeks behind the verification is.

Does anyone know if the 0.7 is any better?

That itā€™s not #.99 perhaps mandatory update.

Eitherway itā€™s signing the transaction with the private key that matters, not having the full Blockchain for the luxury of knowing the balance.

The balanceā€¦ which is funny for typing on the tubeā€¦ is visible using the public key on any online omni wallet compatible service.

Daemon likely has a -h and - - help option
I recall using it a few years back. I donā€™t know ā€¦ but would expect the GUI to allow broadcast without having the full Blockchainā€¦

Deeper into theory, there are options for signing offline and manual broadcastā€¦ but too much unknown about that.

1 Like

oh ā€¦ well unfortunately I have to add BTC to the wallet as I donā€™t have enough dust to send maids ā€¦ and I donā€™t think I can send then if it hasnā€™t verified the balance.

Yes, but doesnā€™t tell me if the QT interface uses the daemon or if it ignores it. So I canā€™t be sure I wonā€™t be set back.

I did a little searching around and Iā€™m not the only one who is having trouble - even the bitcoin-QT wallet goes super slow when ā€œprocessing blocks on diskā€

Iā€™m really unsure what to do ā€¦ it seems as it stands (24 hours per week of blocks processing) ā€¦ itā€™s going to take a month before I can send anything ā€“ 33 weeks to go. Being an uber hodler, this has never been a problem for me.

Just changed the ā€˜niceā€™ priority of omni from normal to very high ā€¦ will see if that makes any difference.