MaidSafe Loan Opportunity - APPLICATIONS NOW CLOSED!

I have issues when it tries to reindex and rebuild the db. It is a nightmare, but make sure your computer does not have power saving/sleep etc. while it is happening. That makes it really die on you. I switch off all power saving when that happens and just let it run for a few days.

2 Likes

I donā€™t use power saving stuff at all, so thatā€™s not a worry. :wink: And I have a UPS, so power outage doesnā€™t shut me down either!

2 Likes

I donā€™t think you verify your balance yourself. Otherwise offline transactions would not be possible ā€¦

I can send you some MAID and bitcoin to another address if you want to test?

1 Like

Thanks - I will test soon. I have to send some coin to the wallet yet - took me a hour to get omni-wallet to give me a receive address for it! Now have to go to my exchange and push some bitcoin out ā€¦ then I may be able to see if the wallet lets me send maids.

The big pain in the arse is that for every action I do in the wallet, I have to wait for the wallet to refresh the screen - literally this takes 10-15 minutes for every click in the wallet ā€¦

1 Like

It says ā€œv0.7.0 is a major release and changes the code base of Omni Core from Bitcoin Core 0.13.2 to Bitcoin Core 0.18.1ā€, which would have itā€™s pros and cons. Pro - code for syncing is improved (theyā€™ve been able to keep the sync time roughly constant over the years despite the blockchain growing). Con - existing database will be restructured, which takes extra time.

1 Like

Ah, what would we do without the decentralisation of blockchain! Hopefully, so we will be :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Man, I am SO over the blockchain!! lol ā€¦ bring on the safecoin (or whatever itā€™s gonna be called.)

4 Likes

Hear hear!!! (20 char)

I think, for the moment I will stick with what I have - the devil I know. Thank you for the explanation though.

2 Likes

Hi again,

So I sent my portion to the adress given and it went through ok. Just wondering if you are still going to send me a ā€œYes we got it, thank you!ā€ -type of email? I know it is not necessary as the proof is in the blockchain, but what do I know, maybe some clever hacker managed to somehow inject his address in to your contract. Very unlikely, but a confirmation on your side would give me peace here. Iā€™m not terribly nervous, so no hurry.

And I want to thank you once more for this opportunity. It gave me a perfect way to move some coins out of Poloniex which has served me as another purse just in case my own stupidy would somehow render my paperwallets insecure. Also the coins are now safe from my ever tightening finances and with a hefty interest - very nice.

3 Likes

they sent to meā€¦ :wink:

1 Like

I didnā€™t pledge any so maybe someone that did can correct me butā€¦

It seems to me you can pledge then just keep your MAID to sell if price goes up short term, and say it goes down in 6 months, buy some then and send it to the address and the contract is still binding. Heck nothing to stop you from just waiting right til the day before the contract matures and do it for a quick 50% Of course doing either of these things effectively means you arenā€™t really gonna help with the funding the project part but still reap the rewards.

@andyypants They state it in the email to potential participants: MaidSafe Loan Opportunity - APPLICATIONS NOW CLOSED! - #167 by Dimitar ,

They should have done so in the original post as well for better clarity too but its nbd.

They probably should set a hard time frame too like no later than 30 days from the original posting so folks canā€™t try to play the market with those coins first. I would suspect a majority have already sent them over.

3 Likes

no I mean if you pledged while it was open. Then I understand they send you a signed contract that basically says send coins to X address and get 1.5X safecoins at final. If there was no clause about time I fear its too late to say that now. People have those contracts in hand and can now send the coins whenever it works for them and the dev team is legally required to send them the 1.5X safecoins regardless of if the spirt of the deal was honoredā€¦

Are you making an assumption the contract does not state a timeframe? And honestly those that probably participated want to see the project succeed, not trying to drag MaidSafe along being nit-picky about what there is or isnā€™t in that doc they agreed toā€¦

not assuming anything. Just asking for someone that has one of the contracts to confirm or deny this. What sparked this concern is a lot of people having problems with wallet and asking if there was a time limit. And I am like so what happens if they pledged but then just say F this wallet I give up.

Ya I would expect the vast majority to just honor the sprirt of the deal. When we talking about money sometimes people get snakey though. I could see at least a few people thinking what is ethical is exactly what the contract says and nothing else.

@andyypants Iā€™m glad youā€™re not involved in the loanā€¦ :wink:

3 Likes

I would not scam it. I do all my business above board. That is no excuse to be naive though! I am always thinking what potential scams are there here, cause someone is gonna be that guy, and I want to protect my interests by being one move ahead of the scammers.

Anyways really all I want to do is ask a simple question. Is there a time limit to deposit the MAID written into the contract? Like does it expire if not filled after X days? Or is it always open to be fulfilled whenever the lenders want to do their end?

1 Like

dimitar had commented this above about the offer letter:

We ask that you deposit the number of MAID detailed within your agreement to the address showing in the agreement, which is unique for each applicant, with 7 days .
If you are unable to deposit in that time, we could possibly extend if there are extenuating circumstances , please let us know if this is the case.

So sounds like they are covered legally as someone would need approval to go beyond 7 days.

9 Likes

So last night I transferred BTC to my wallet ā€¦ and unfortunately as expected the wallet, which is STILL 33 weeks behind after 48 hours now, doesnā€™t not ā€˜seeā€™ the new BTC in the wallet and still says my BTC balance is too low to send maids.

Iā€™m in a quandary here. Further my maid is in two different addresses in the wallet and I need to do two send transactions not one for the loan ā€¦ double the fun.

I really donā€™t understand why itā€™s processing the blocks so slowly - I gained one week over three days so far with 33 weeks to go. At this rate itā€™s going to take months before it sees my BTC hit the wallet and I am able to send coin.

If anyone out there has any advice, Iā€™m listening. Maybe I should try the daemon instead.