MaidSafe Dev Update - September 21, 2017 - Alpha 2

Howdy folks, @maidsafe or @frabrunelle can this post please be updated with the latest info about the current browser versions and maybe add Peruse to it as well.
We have been linking this to folks in the chat communities, for gaining access to the latest Alpha.

Thank you.

7 Likes

Done, apart from updating the changelog. I’d be in favour of ditching the changelog now or moving it to GitHub as it needs constant updating and doesn’t really add anything for the new visitor.

By the way, @maidsafe and @joshuef - a simple change that would spare a lot of heartache among new users would be to relabel the zip files so that the default versions are listed alphabetically above the developer versions. For example safe-browser-v0.10.2-linux-x64.zip and safe-browser-v0.10.2-linux-x64-mock.zip, peruse-v0.5.3-linux-x64.zip and peruse-v0.5.3-linux-x64-dev.zip. People will intuitively select the uppermost choice.

11 Likes

Yes, I agree it’s probably not necessary to mention the changelog here. I just removed it and replaced it with:

See CHANGELOG.md on GitHub.

Thanks for the feedback :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

@frabrunelle @JPL Thanks so much guys, looks great!

1 Like

Just giving a prod, after seeing this A2 thread

It’s been 8 months, what are some of the big blocks left for alpha 3? And progress on them

4 Likes