MaidSafe Dev Update - 14th June 2016 - TEST 4

Any more talk in house about data chains?? I’ve been seeing some activity on the repo

Tech presentation tomorrow, then we take it from there. I suspect it should be good, but we will see. It’s only my hunch so far :wink:

9 Likes

Awesome! Thank You for the next TEST network. Started 20 vaults on my Linux virtual machine :wink:

12 Likes

You mentioned archive nodes and it came to mind. I think that it will be a very inviting feature for the block chain obsessed folk. A feature that if implemented you couldn’t imagine the network without it. :slight_smile: just my take. Oh yeah and I love efficiency soooo just makes all the more sense for a truly decentralized and resilient network :wink:

4 Likes

One oddity… upload of a large file failed and then creating the service failed in the same way as Testnet3.

Uploading the directory without the large file, worked fine, then uploading the large file as a file gave an error “upload failed”… but seeing the file then listed as with file size I checked, and it had uploaded ok. So, in case of large file failing that might be a way round it.

Seeing chunks stored in the vault I’m hosting is a great site! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

hmmm maybe because of many many people being over-enthusiastic (like me at first - i wanted to see those many nodes on one pc) and running many nodes an a singled pc :wink: … that makes the network becoming slow and maybe some chunks not stored correctly

it’s like a pretty massive cyber-attack xD

Yes… I wondered that too but it’s important that the network can resist weak nodes. Having some better sense of upload progress and especially ability to try again will fix this. Not being able to overwrite a failed attempt to create new service; dir; file, atm is a small nuisance.

100% true - but keep in mind this is a testnet - and as david said:

that is pretty massive overload of slow nodes…

3 Likes

Everything is working but it seems pretty slow in the beginning.

wuhuhuuuu but how cool is ist that it is POSSIBLE to run so many nodes on that few pcs…!!! :smiley: great testnet! amazing to see safenet evolve :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

I am sure that this has been asked, but where are the safe vault files stored on Ubuntu?

/tmp/safe_vault* These will later be in named directories though. For now these are them :smiley:

6 Likes

So many safe_vault.XXXXXXX folders in there!

1 Like

Have the download.zips been updated? Launcher looked the same to me.

YEs they were updated. What is there now is good.

2 Likes

Great job, team Maidsafe!

Seeing amazing improvements in terms of CPU load which now goes basically unnoticeable compared to last time. As a constructive feedback I have to say uploading a website in the demo app was stuck a little much at 99% (hope this per centage provides some clues).

Congrats again, I appreciate your work!

4 Likes

it is safe-vault* for me at least.

ubuntu@ubuntu-VirtualBox:/tmp/safe-vault.3OpruPPZQC7b$

Network error on downloading SAFE Vault v0.9.0

That is an internet or github error I think

2 Likes