MAID listing on exchanges via community created foundation

I researched a little about fake volume and through articles from Forbes I found some interesting stuff.

Bitwise report to SEC, reasons for fake volume are to get higher ranking at sites like coinmarketcap to get more attention from traders/investors and to be able to demand a higher fees for listing from crypto-projects.

https://www.sec.gov/comments/sr-nysearca-2019-01/srnysearca201901-5574233-185408.pdf

“Exchanges make money by charging users to trade, and they have many reasons to artificially inflate volume. More activity means a higher rank on the still-popular website CoinMarketCap, which can attract new users. Exchanges also charge fees to new cryptocurrency projects that want to get listed in their marketplace, and the perception of popularity helps them command higher rates.”

Websites such as BTI and Nomics provide data-driven metrics to show real and fake volume.
From their latest report september 2019.

I think this might give a good reason to why you got such good response.
” The latest exchanges faking their volume which many token projects have reported to us, and are trying to extract up to $100,000 per token listing, include BitMax and P2PB2B exchanges.”

BTI shows rel and fake volume, exchanges and coins at:

I suggest that we add to the description of guidlines for researching centralised exchanges that coingecko BTI, Nomics or similar are used when mentioning exchanges real daily volume.
https://nomics.com/exchanges

I suggest that coinmarketcap is not suitable to use for evaluating real daily volume.

"CMC still lists numerous scam exchanges in its Top-10 “Adjusted Volume” rankings. Its Top-10 list includes LBank, BW.com, Bit-Z, Coinbene, and OEX, which our data is shows wash trading rates at high levels from 96.9% up to 99.7%. This continues to be because CMC ranks exchanges by trading volume without any basic checks, which motivates trading platforms to report false data and rank higher, thus becoming more visible to users.”

” According to our calculations, among the Top-100 exchanges on CMC, there are 73 currently which are wash trading over 90% of their volumes. Thus, only about a quarter of the exchanges on CMC publish truthful information about their true volume of trades.”

The links to BTI and the Forbes articles about exchanges fake/real volume might be useful to Maidsafe
so I tag @dirvine

9 Likes