The problems the community is having with the Maidsafe token are quite serious as Maidsafe’s continued financing depends on our ability to maintain a market for the tokens. Things like Bisq can help a little bit, but I think they have little liquidity.
A couple of years ago a few of us here on the forum were working to form the “SafeApp foundation” ( SafeApp Foundation ICO? ) … we made steady progress, but I decided to park the project until the Safe Network reached a point of greater viability.
We did however form a board of respected forum members and at some point I hoped it could be reactivated and forward progress made.
So I am curious about the possibility of creating this new foundation ASAP and immediately using donations we would hire a respected and experienced person or entity to get the existing token listed on major exchanges (and pay the required listing fees) and to keep it going - obviously this won’t be cheap, but if the end result is that MAID is valued much higher than it is now, then it’s worth it.
After the general crisis is over then we could look at the possibility of launching an ERC-20 that we can peg to MAID and listing the new ERC-20 on multiple decentralized exchanges.
Donations and funds would be held in a multisig wallet controlled by the board which is composed of well-known forum members – I won’t list them here now as the board will likely need to be rehashed as quite a bit of time has passed.
Importantly these steps would take the worry away from the Maidsafe team.
As the SafeApp foundation idea has it’s own goals as well (see link above). I would hope that we’d be able to roll that in as value-added potential for any and all donations made. Obviously a lot of details to be worked out … before I do a poll to gauge support, I’d like some debate, what do people think? Is this too complicated? Are there any other options that don’t require Maidsafe to act?
Please read through the thread and then come back here to vote:
A couple polls to gauge community support:
How should the community proceed?
- Do nothing, wait and see what happens.
- Collectively research exchange options and costs and compile data, then re-poll community for next step.
- In addition to research, go ahead and work to form community managed organization to be able to accept donations and facilitate listing Maid either omni and/or erc-20 (see other poll).
If we are to form an organization to accept and manage donations to facilitate listing, should that be the sole focus of the organization or would it be okay to have other pro-Safe network goals as well ( assuming all not-for-profit )? Assume also that if an organization is formed and it only has the goal of getting Maid listed, it may not survive long and we might end up having to reform it later if delisting occurs again - OTOH maybe that’s not likely if we create an erc-20 and get listed on decentralized exchanges … what do you think?
- Just have the central goal of getting the omni and/or an erc-20 token listed on a few exchanges, then wind it down, donate excess money to Maidsafe.
- Multiple goals are okay and it’s best to create a stable long-term organization to deal with problems down the line.
ERC-20 and/or Omni?
- We should focus on getting the existing Omni token listed on large exchanges, and then if there is time/money we should work to create an ERC-20 solution for listing on decentralized exchanges.
- We should only focus on creating an ERC-20 solution and listing on both centralized and decentralized exchanges and not worry about listing the Omni token.
Thanks for your input