Ideas for SPREADING THE WORD OF S.A.F.E

Who here uses Reddit?

BECAUSE I’M SICK AND TIRED OF THE TOP POSTS (which receive over 4,000 upvotes DAILY!!) ALWAYS BEING PEOPLE COMPLAINING AND PETITIONING ABOUT NET NEUTRALITY!!

The corportacrocy will never allow this through legislation, because doing so would DESTROY their money-making empire that they worked so hard to build!!

SO LETS GO ON REDDIT, EVERY DAY, AND POST ARTICLES ABOUT MAIDSAFE AND SAFE AND HOW A NEW, PRIVACY-ORIENTED, UNCENSORABLE, DECENTRALIZED INTERNET PROTOCOL IS BEING BUILT AND IS ALMOST READY!!!

These people NEED to know, and ALWAYS complain about the current state of things, and HAVE NO IDEA that an actually realistic solution is being made!!!

I bet theres THOUSANDS OF CODERS reading those posts DAILY and if we could inspire just like 10 to help code SAFE then that would MORE THAN DOUBLE the amount of people working on coding SAFE today and it would come out TWICE AS FAST :smile:

SO LETS DO IT!! POST ARTICLES TO REDDIT!!! IT’S A HUGE OPPORTUNITY!!

(I already post articles/links about MaidSafe to Reddit DAILY, but I just want more people to do it also, so that the chances of one of our articles rising to the top will be MUCH HIGHER and maybe receive the upvotes it deserves.)

I WANT TO SEE MAIDSAFE ON THE FRONT PAGE OF REDDIT, OKAY?!?!?

Possible subreddits to post to include:

• r/Technology
  • r/Futurology
    -r/NetNeutrality
    -r/Politics
    -…and more! This could fit ANYWHERE!!
7 Likes

If you got the time maybe there is a better approach. Instead of posting on Reddit, why not make a list of people on Youtube or other channels who can best explain Maidsafe. And the people I mean, are people like Eli The Computer Guy, Vsauce. Basically people with a lot of subscriber but into techtalk…

Vsauce’s “Misnomers” of 2 weeks ago, has already had more than 1.7 M views, those are the numbers you want…

ING for instance is firing more than 600 IT people over the next 3 years. When I read things like that, I wonder how/what we can do to get some on board. And not to even mention Microsoft firing a lot of people… These are people you can potentially recruite to start their own company on Maidsafe

3 Likes

Oh hell yes, the Vsauce and Mindblow guy!

1 Like

First MaidSafe needs to get SAFE Network up and running. Once it does then it should focus it’s marketing on the people who stand for Network Neutrality.

Marketing should be really easy if it’s targeted at the thought leaders and political activists.

2 Likes

I think we should mainly market to common people. SAFE having a reputation as only something for activists and people “who have something to hide” is not beneficial, it could hurt mass adoption and makes it easier for opponents to attack SAFE. Government actors will probably try to frame SAFE like that, I see no reason to help them. Let’s emphasise the ‘E’ in SAFE.

2 Likes

Is that how Bitshares are doing it?

If I get invited onto RT’s Keiser Report to explain our ePlugs (hopefully January), I vow to give MaidSafe a major awesome mention.

3 Likes

I second the notion of waiting until there is something practical to show for. If there is no client and we’re spreading the word then we won’t reach as many people because a) it is just theoretical and b) once the system is really up, we probably won’t reach the same amount of people because they were “burned” the first time around.

I reckon we wait a bit more.

2 Likes

I third this.