Help with blockchain.info wallet

Hello people of the safe network forum,

I posted on reddit but thought I would try here as well.

I participated in the crowd sale and had my maid safe coin deposited into a blockchain.info wallet. Blockchain.info updated their wallet software and it is now not user friendly at all to export my private keys. Their help desk sent me the following:

This document will help you recover funds that are sent past the 20 address gap limit for the Receive Payments v2 API. After following these steps, you should not use the same account for the Receive Payments v2 API, but it is safe to use this account for normal web-wallet related use.

The first step is to login to the wallet (preferably in Chrome) that has the account that has not ‘received’ the funds, used with the Receive Payments v2 API.
Go to View → Developer → JavaScript Console

You will see a window pop up with the message “This browser feature is intended for developers. If someone told you to copy-paste something here, it is a scam and will give them access to your money!”. We will not be taking information outside of your wallet, so there is no chance of you losing access to your funds. To the right of the greater-than sign >, type in (case sensitive) or copy/paste:
Blockchain.MyWallet.wallet._getPrivateKey(account#,“M/0/index#”);
ex: Blockchain.MyWallet.wallet._getPrivateKey(0,“M/0/48”);

or, if you have a second password on your wallet (optional), it would be:
Blockchain.MyWallet.wallet._getPrivateKey(account#,“M/0/index#”, “secondpassword”);

NOTE:
–ACCOUNT# should be replaced with your account number that you used with the receive payments API (so 0 for first account, 1 for second account, etc.)
–INDEX# should be the index number of the stuck address - told to you either by a Zendesk representative, and/or on the JSON response when using the API
Then hit ‘enter’ once the command is ready

If you experience an issue when entering this command, try typing it in manually (as opposed to copy/pasting) - some of the copied formatting may interfere with the command<<<

This is beyond my abilities to figure out so I would like someone to help walk me through it over the phone or on Skype. I will happily pay .25btc ($150usd) to someone who has the technical knowledge to make sense of the above and help me get my maidsafecoin out of blockchain.info and into omniwallet.

Thank you for your time,

That was really annoying, I couldn’t get them after the update. Wish there was an easier way to get those private keys.
Good luck

What a headache, it seems like the first step is to request a Receive Payments API V2.

Requests for API keys are typically reviewed within 2-3 business days. You should request an api key, in the “A description of your website or application” field you can just explain why you need the api key (you want to move your funds). Once you got the api key, you can login to the wallet and do as you describe above.

I’m willing to help at a later stage when you got the api key, I’m not a developer, but this new development of blockchain.info hiding privatekeys makes my head hurt enough to try to help you figure it out. :stuck_out_tongue:

Not that a headache if you do following.
From your wallet home page left handside menu click “settings” and from dropped down menu “security”. Then on the right click “Backup Phrase”.
Note down/copy 12 words that are presented to you. Next step go to GitHub - iancoleman/bip39: A web tool for converting BIP39 mnemonic codes and download bip39 implementation by clicking that green button “Clone or download” and then “Download ZIP”. If you wear tinfoil hat you can go offline now :slight_smile: . Next step is to extract what you just downloaded. Now open in your browser “bip39-standalone.html” file and type in/paste those 12 words from your blockchain wallet into “BIP39 Mnemonic” and set “Number of words” to 12. Scroll down and there you can see all you addresses with corresponding private keys.

Hope it helps.

Edit: You can do all above online, too.

6 Likes

This will effect me soon I think also, I had an original blockchain.info wallet that didnt have a seed but I think I have backups of the keys that they used to email out automatically… somewhere…

Even generating 10k addresses I couldn’t find the one I need the private key, already checked the backup phrase. Could it be because I divided my wallet?

Ryan2016, I did the same generating a bunch of addresses and couldn’t find the one I need either. I am wondering if I/we are doing something wrong?

Thanks for sharing @MakkaPakka I learned something new :stuck_out_tongue:

Hello everyone,

For anyone who has an upgraded blockchain.info wallet with maidsafecoins in it and want to export the wallet to omni I finally got it figured out.

Step 1 - log into your blockchain.info wallet, click on settings - addresses - manage addresses - more options - private key

The private key blockchain.info provides is not compatible straight into Omni, you must go through another step.

Step 2 - Once you have your private key from blockchain.info, go to this link and follow the directions:

Step 3 - Log into your Omni wallet and click - my addresses - add address - import address with private key and type in your newly configured private key.

Step 4 - Rejoice knowing your maidsafecoins are out of blockchain.info and into a wallet where they are recognized!

2 Likes

Has anyone recently moved their MAID from a blockchain.info address that can confirm the above steps?