Dev Update & 2nd Test Network Release :safe: 8th March 2016

Launcher super fast now and no problem with Mac OS awesome guys keep up the great Work! :grinning:

2 Likes

yes.

if with ā€œbrowseā€ the files are greyed out

if i publish a template and then go to add a directory from that file explorer it gets stuck at 0% upload

however uploading just one file from that file explorer window appears to work

1 Like

I downloaded win 10 and worked on win7 too, very fast,very impressed. Keep up the great work!

1 Like

ā€œConnected to the SAFE Networkā€ message has nothing to do with your credential or account. itā€™s just that the launcher can establish a connection to the network. so at that point, public websites and data can be retrieved from the browser.

To merely access public content, one does not need to have an account.

To create a second account, you just need to quit the launcher, and go through the same process that you did before. selecting ā€œCreate oneā€ in the footer of the login page and filling in new details.

1 Like

many thanks Vivā€¦ I thought I had done thisā€¦ twiceā€¦ but I got a registration errorā€¦ Iā€™ll try againā€¦ ,)

Am a bit confused, soz. If by ā€œBrowseā€ button, you refer to the button in the following image:

That option is confined to selecting directories as the hint above the message mentions. This is currently intended.

This was where the previous version had an issue which should be resolved now for OSX.

The same thing, Mac OSX

Just it freezes in 0% while trying to upload any directory, any size. File upload works ok

Maybe try different credentials? or restart the launcher and then try different credentials. That would be the error we see if someone already has taken that combination too.

ā€œadd web filesā€ - implies that you can upload ā€œweb filesā€ not just directories. Maybe be more clear rather than hint at thingsā€¦ :slight_smile:

1 Like

this is me trying to upload a CSS directory, been like this for several minutes

1 Like

now worked fine! must have been PICNIC ā€¦ ā€˜problem in chair, not in computerā€™ :wink: ā€¦ although it seems that similar PIN/KEY/PASS are rejectedā€¦ a new profile needs to be of sufficient difference to another in terms of these login credentialsā€¦ which makes senseā€¦ on previous client (1st release) I had registered 2nd,3rd profiles where PIN/KEY were identical and only the PASS variedā€¦

3 Likes

Thats worth rephrasing for sure or we could ofc create a directory by the service name and add the files to it at the network end. Will pass this over to the client guys.

No problems. Faster. Nice work.

2 Likes

Ok, this is weirdā€¦i have downloaded the new version of the Maidsafe demo and overwritten the old one. But indeed, it says version 0.1. Gonna try it again and will report back.

EDIT: it works. Somehow it didnā€™t overwrite the old one i guess. Sorry for bothering

2 Likes

Could reproduce this locally here too. Got an issue filed for this.

Seems like uploading a folder works when creating a service(tested locally) from a folder. however while editing a service, uploading a folder doesnā€™t work.

1 Like

Brief notice about the new firefox 45.0 .onion special domain name blocking machanism (rfc 7686) and security issues safenet could think about how to lock down and secure the browsing experience on the special .safenet domain and similar issues.

https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7686

FreenetProject.org for years has implemented a complete filter and re-rendering of any html code that gets browsed via their engine (fproxy) and output to the users browser stripping all sorts of stuff such as javascript and a lot of css properties and such stuff.

4 Likes

windows10 installers working like a charm in windows 8 too :clap::clap::clap:

4 Likes

Thanks for the update and your hard work Maidsafe devs, Iā€™m going to run it on the USB again and check out how quick this baby crawls.

Thank you thank you thank you for your hard work :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Even in that version, those accounts you created after the first attempt with just a new password, never actually worked at the network end. We just werenā€™t seeing the error messages at the clients then.

PIN/Keyword is the part that forms the address space where the account data is stored and needs to be unique between different accounts. Password never leaves the userā€™s machine. Itā€™s just used to encrypt/decrypt the session info stored at the address yielded by Pin/Keyword.

3 Likes