Dev Update & 2nd Test Network Release :safe: 8th March 2016

works :slight_smile: …

5 Likes

Cool.

Ha. But dang. Proxy setup was working before. Hmmm.

At least it’s my problem not the networks.

Thanks @Melvin!

2 Likes

Back online http://digrec.safenet :wink:
This time everything works fast (much faster) and smooth, no issues at all on Mac OS.
Great work devs, keep up :wink:

7 Likes

My site is up. Your site is also up and working :wink:

1 Like

Please post all new links created for the Second Test Network here - 2nd Iteration SAFE Network - Place your .safenet links here!

4 Likes

Win10 version works without problem on windows 7 aswell.
Upload progress now visible (good feature)
Uploads take quite some time, but it’s visible now that something is happening…

2 Likes

Danks, @digrec also!

I figured it out. Turns out in osx you can paste a link into the autproxy and it fires you onto a new line in the tiny textbox, so it looks like you didn’t paste it successfully. So when you paste again, natch you have the proxy url twice in a box where it’s only wanted once:

http://visualiser.maidsafe.net/safe_proxy.pac http://visualiser.maidsafe.net/safe_proxy.pac

:expressionless: Why osx would do that I don’t know. Or: Maybe the link in the docs has a return at the end? Hmmm. Anyway. That was the problem. With the link in there once, all is good. Hooray!

3 Likes

It works on Arch Linux and Debian 8 with no problems.

Holy :cow2:

Safe launcher, safe demo starts up so fast with no lags.

Connecting to safe website is even much faster!! It is almost nearly fast as connecting to clearnet website! I would never thought this would be possible. Props to DEVS!

I really want eat your brains, devs. Haha. I need that knowledge for building apps. :smiley:

9 Likes

Registering and logging in seems to be more reliable and has been working everytime so far, had quite a lot of trouble with this in the previous release :slight_smile: . It also seems to be much faster than the previous network!

8 Likes

file picker still does not seem to work on OSX

1 Like

What does ‘file picker’ exactly mean? I haven’t had any problems with uploading files on OSX, so would like to know if this is something different than I’m doing.

1 Like

“add some files” > “browse”

all greyed out

1 Like

Are you sure you’re using the newest releases? I experienced these ‘grey files’ in the previous version but I can choose everything I want now, it will notify if it’s too big though.

EDIT: You probably are, wouldn’t be able to access the old network of course :smiley:

2 Likes

I have the same problem with mac pro. Cannot upload files. All greyed out. Had it also in the previous version.

1 Like

Seems I cannot disconnect from the network… or at least I cannot create/ register a second new account: after restarting client it says ‘connected to the SAFE network … OKAY’ before I’ve logged in with my (first) profile. I closed client window previously to disconnect as there was no ‘log out’ button. I can login with my first profile… I assume we’re limited to 1 profile per client at the moment… or there’s an issue logging off and so we can’t create a new profile while still 'connected to the SAFE network ’ etc… windows 10 x64

1 Like

Still asking for permission for Electron. Behavior should be to ask permission for Safe Launcher.

2 Likes

its a new .exe file and if its as a new name in a new location the onboard windows firewall will ask for permission again for that new entry in its ruleset. all programs who create a listening tcp socket will get that firewall question displayed.

2 Likes

Yep. Just noting the “electron” descriptor is confusing. We know they built this with electron but other users will not and won’t understand what this “electron” thing is. Not a big deal, just flagging it.

3 Likes

Are you sure you guys are using the latest version of Launcher and the Demo app cos it seems to work fine for me

You should see this in the launcher with the new demo app. version: 0.2.0 listed as in this image

and with that the picker respects file selections for “Upload File” option

5 Likes

Windows 10 is working fine on my end

3 Likes