Community Exchange Listing Fund

The answer is that they don’t pay. Storj for example:

You can ask them to add a token. We do not pay any exchange to list our token, they do it on their own.

Privacy. Security. Freedom

2 Likes

I have no idea! I have no idea whether or not this and that project paid to get listed, and if they did for free, why is that. I’m not that well informed, and it sounds a lot like assumption/gossip more than anything to me. It also leads this thread completely astray.

I’m willing to accept that getting listed on CEX is not a definite way to have the best dev minds hop on the day after. I’m not buying that it would hurt our chances to see that happening though.

I am generally wary of community actions that are focused around increasing the coins value first and foremost, and I count adding us to CEXs among that. I am here for the SAFE network, not for maidsafecoin, so I think any actions we take should be primarily to increase the SAFE developer community. I also feel like going in many different directions as a community doesn’t inspire a lot of confidence in how this is all being run. Therefore, if there has to be an action taken (and I’m not sure there does need to be), I think it should be a wholesale conversion to erc20, for all the same reasons listed by Agoras.

2 Likes

Just a wee reminder though that MaidSafeCoins, in either Omni or Erc20 form, are only a temporary proxy.

With Safe Network tokens we’ll be looking at native intergration.

6 Likes

Temporary may span out to quite a long time, as confidence in the Safe Network in its ability to secure a large amount of value will not happen overnight.

1 Like

We will continue to need an ERC20 token. Without access to liquidity, we will not grow enough to withstand the Safe Copies.

Yeah sure, but I just wanted folk to factor that in to both pricing the exchange listings, and Erc20, as neither are without risk.

Well said. Sometimes it amazes me how anti-freedom some people in this “community” are.

The P2PB2B was not free. Nothing in life is free, and you get what you pay for. As has been noted earlier in this thread: you pay with cash and social capital (I.e. relationships).

Anyway, enough info has been provided in the poll to help strategize next steps. If you voted that you would like to participate in this Community Exchange Listing Fund, please DM me.

In a way, I think this effort is a good test of how decentralized Safe will be from a societal perspective.

This is perhaps a question for another thread, but what is the work required to convert to an erc20 token? It may be easier to crowd-source this effort than to ask people to hand over money to list on exchanges, which as others have pointed out - has never gone well. As an ERC-20 token the growth can be more organic, and it will be easier for the technology to speak for itself in it’s listings and volume.

1 Like

But we won’t need MAID by that time, which is my point.

Many of the comparisons to other projects switching to ERC20 are with their native token, which won’t be the case with Safe.

There may be benefit to switching Maid, but just wanted to be clear on its proxy nature.

1 Like

There a numerous other threads on this, and ongoing community efforts.

Quickest solution is Wrapping it, which @Sotros25 mentioned further up.

We will just keep using the same token for Safe or launch a new one with the same wrapped system.

No we won’t. It’s completely different.

1 Like

When you have a wrapped token you can use it for whatever you want. Once we have a decentralized wrapping system, we can use it for both MAID and Safe tokens.

@DeusNexus you did research on the topic, can you comment please.

2 Likes

Up to a point, I agree with these sentiments. I’m against overblown marketing, against hyping up at all cost, let alone misleading people just to sell them a big fat nothing, but CEX listing?

There is this strange, almost unnatural dichotomy between “delivering value” and “value of the coin” going on here for years, and I believe a lot of people fail to see they’re synergically intertwined, and that not everything that may increase the value of the coin with no immediate dev advance behind it must therefore hurt it.

The moment MaidSafe launched the ICO, they entered a speculative market. They sold an idea, not a finished product. That’s why I believe taking the “let’s finish the product first and maybe value comes later” approach is not fully sincere. There is this presumption that trying to increase the value of MAID goes against the development efforts, but how does that stand any ground? Without MAID having a value, there would be no development by now. Would tanking the price hurt the product? Absolutely. Why pretend increasing it would have the same effect? Makes no sense. And why should people possibly capitalizing on price increase feel guilty? Because it would happen prior to the launch? Well, so did their investment.

I respect the way you present your reasons. I agree with almost all respective points, but I disagree that CEX listing, let alone CEX listing and enabling ERC20 conversion at once would hurt us in any way. But since I believe it’s deeply irrational and can’t be really argued rationally, I also think that arguing this (only this ofc) with people who share your sentiment is a waste of everyone’s time.

3 Likes

I agree with you on most of this. I believe there is a lot of idealism and anti capitalism thinking about coin value. That’s fine, all opinions are valid. However I 100 percent believe that once people are aware of this technology it will be copied and marketed way better. If that project can generate better market incentive and provide equal technology then i think it will win. It doesn’t really matter if they do though as the world wins whoever delivers the vision.

2 Likes

You beat me to it :slight_smile:

Not sure if there is a better place for this, but I think most would agree that getting access to the current blockchain/erc20/etc market has more benefits than cons. If this is not figured out and we can’t provide mass liquidity now or after launch, what would stop XRP or ETH, etc… from taking the safenet tech and creating an exchange for ETH to “SafeETH”. This provides liquidity for a huge user base to use the new tech? Why would folks wait for the Safenet to grow organically?

This is discussed in great detail in this topic:

1 Like

This suggests that CEX listing is no great effort, but from what I’ve gathered it will take millions of dollars provided by this small community, as well as a massive legal and paperwork effort from the team themselves. After all that, we will have one additional listing for a temporary proxy coin, and we would like 5? @Sotros25 said it will take between $500k and 2.5m to get listed on 5 exchanges, plus marketing costs. This seems like a lot to ask from the community / company, although maybe I’m wrong in that. It seems to me that a lot of these issues stem from having the token on OMNI, making it inaccessible to devs / traders and annoying for CEXs.
If we choose to drive both CEX listings and ERC20 tokens, then will both eMAID and MAID be listed on all the exchanges simultaneously? Does it not get very confusing when there’s multiple platforms? Will we be continuing to address issues related to OMNI for years? Is all of this even worth it for a temporary proxy token?
Also seeing as this is a forum of people who are all excited about the same thing, perhaps do not imply that everyone who disagrees with you is “deeply irrational” and their sentiments are “a waste of everyone’s time”.

2 Likes

maybe with an agreement to transition to host the real coin though… worth a shot.